Wrist Pain?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 1, 2012
Have any other bases experienced wrist pain?
Last weekend I had nationals and the stunt was exact same only with an added extension instead of prep. But for some reason, my wrists have been really sore since (4 days). It's not a sharp pain but more a throbbing pain and I can't put weight on them or else it hurts. My left (which holds the flyers heel) is most sore.
I don't believe it's a case of weak wrists only because I have done this stunt so many times over the year without any problems. Should I strap it??

I used to have the same issue when I based. I would consider getting two wrist wraps. These are different from braces; the only go around your wrist, not the thumb and all that. They're not too restricting and perfect for this kind of pain.

My CP has been complaining about wrist pain as well, I figured it had something to do with her breaking her wrist 14 mos ago. I got her tiger paw wrist supports which help when she tumbles. but she cant wear them for when she bases. Im gonna try this KT tape. Thanks

You should use wrist guards and see how ur wrist feel while using them if it doesn't help or if it feels like more pain u should probably see a doctor.... But when my wrist hurt I used a wrist guard and in 2 weeks I didn't even need it!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I tape both my wrists because they're really really weak. They're easier for me to base with instead of a wrist guard thing, I know girls that use tiger paws for tumbling and it works very well for them; they're too big to use for stunting like said above. To improve your wrist strength I take 5-10 lb weights and curl them up with my wrists. I only do a few sets then they start to hurt but I've seen improvement in my strength

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back