High School Wwyd? - High School Uniforms Or Lack Thereof

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I liked it because the girl cheered and had a full at the beginning! Then she became a the biker, and I was way into x-games and Brian Deegan... oh the teen years lol! Sounds like we could have been best friends!

I remember her being a cheerleader, but don't remember her having a full and all that. I for sure need to go back and watch it again! Possibly do a whole marathon weekend of all the best ones. I know I have cheetah girls and a few others on DVD in fact!

YES! Brian Deegan! Oh my goodness. This is for sure a flashback kind of day I am loving it hard core! And yes, best friends indeed!!! My best friend is only 22(9 years younger than me) and often doesn't get my awesome old school pop culture references!

I never saw cheetah girls either. It may be the only one I didn't see! Nor did I watch any of the sequels.

I liked that one, but I was thinking of Rip Girls. I had to go look it up!

Going through the list was a throwback. It reminded me of other favorites and listed a couple I have no memory of! Other favorites include: cadet Kelly, motocrossed, quints, all of the Halloweentowns, twitches, and phantom of the megaplex (that guy was so cute too lol.)
I LOVED Cadet Kelly! And what about My Date with the President's Daughter?

Well, I only ended up with 12 kids on my team so, My varsity kids wont have any problems with uniforms being too big *insert laughing crying emoji*

I LOVED Cadet Kelly! And what about My Date with the President's Daughter?

I actually hate Cadet Kelly. I rewatched earlier this year and it's painful. But I love My Date with the President's Daughter. And Model Behavior even though it's not really a DCOM but it was shown on the channel a lot (Justin Timberlake is timelessly fine). My fave DCOM is Zenon though. Always and forever. Kirsten Storms is on General Hospital and plays my favorite character and she's a great actress with comedic timing.

Well, I only ended up with 12 kids on my team so, My varsity kids wont have any problems with uniforms being too big *insert laughing crying emoji*

My HS team had 15 girls during our rebuilding years, 12 on the mat. 12 kids has been a lifesaver on price, team management and as an athlete it was great for bonding. My teammates from the smaller teams were like my sisters and we were inseparable.

Hey I'd rather have a team of 12 kids I can work well with than 20 that cause drama and stress any day!
My HS team had 15 girls during our rebuilding years, 12 on the mat. 12 kids has been a lifesaver on price, team management and as an athlete it was great for bonding. My teammates from the smaller teams were like my sisters and we were inseparable.

They are super pumped about the bonding and how close they will get
What they wont be pumped about is their stunting abilities.. 12 kids, 4-5 flyers, 2 back spots, all main bases lol !
Kids are going to have to step up and do something but - I just feel bad that the 4-5 flyers likely wont progress on their skills because they wont get a lot of stunting time.

Coaches also have to make a decision on 2 or 3 stunt groups lol

They are super pumped about the bonding and how close they will get
What they wont be pumped about is their stunting abilities.. 12 kids, 4-5 flyers, 2 back spots, all main bases lol !
Kids are going to have to step up and do something but - I just feel bad that the 4-5 flyers likely wont progress on their skills because they wont get a lot of stunting time.

Coaches also have to make a decision on 2 or 3 stunt groups lol

We had 3 stunt groups, but were blessed to have 3 definitive flyers and enough girls who could be flexible between basing and backing. Not to tell you how to do your job, but for pyramid purposes you can swap out flyers or have a short partner stunt group. That's how we did it.

I actually hate Cadet Kelly. I rewatched earlier this year and it's painful. But I love My Date with the President's Daughter. And Model Behavior even though it's not really a DCOM but it was shown on the channel a lot (Justin Timberlake is timelessly fine). My fave DCOM is Zenon though. Always and forever. Kirsten Storms is on General Hospital and plays my favorite character and she's a great actress with comedic timing.

LOL 99% of old Disney movies are cringey in retrospect.

On team size: I would love to coach a small or medium team, fewer people to focus on, and costs are much lower.

LOL 99% of old Disney movies are cringey in retrospect.

On team size: I would love to coach a small or medium team, fewer people to focus on, and costs are much lower.

In my older years where I actually could distinguish the difference, I've always been on small teams, even in college. It's just a camaraderie. My coach considered us as extra children, and it was easier to hold people accountable. That is probably why the HS team I was on is one of my favorites because we were in our own little world, and everyone knew we were so close. People knew that if you were friends with a cheerleader, or dating the whole team would be in your business. That helps in team sport where individual mistakes can be costly. You have more empathy and eliminates some of the dramatics.

In my older years where I actually could distinguish the difference, I've always been on small teams, even in college. It's just a camaraderie. My coach considered us as extra children, and it was easier to hold people accountable. That is probably why the HS team I was on is one of my favorites because we were in our own little world, and everyone knew we were so close. People knew that if you were friends with a cheerleader, or dating the whole team would be in your business. That helps in team sport where individual mistakes can be costly. You have more empathy and eliminates some of the dramatics.
I can't imagine what the dynamic is on super large teams. When I cheered we had 14 people and it was much easier to get individual attention. Being lost in a sea of 21-30 must be frustrating, especially if there is a skill disparity in the program and the kids with less ability feel overlooked.

Well, If I had it my way, which clearly I don't haha I would have atleast taken 15 but I didn't want to leave my JV team with no one either :/

The only negative is when two girls on the team are fighting, your whole team will split pretty drastically, which is annoying. I'm in that situation right now with my team of 16; half are on the side of one girl who "lost her boyfriend", while half are on the side of the other girl, who "stole her boyfriend". It's annoying to say the least -_-

This is the best thread derailment I've seen lol.

But on the hand of a small team it's a good place to start especially if you're rebuilding the program. Easier to get the attention of the girls and the girls can get closer to each other easier (if that goes well.)

The only negative is when two girls on the team are fighting, your whole team will split pretty drastically, which is annoying. I'm in that situation right now with my team of 16; half are on the side of one girl who "lost her boyfriend", while half are on the side of the other girl, who "stole her boyfriend". It's annoying to say the least -_-
I'm tempted to yell "YOU CAN'T STEAL SOMEONE, THEY CHOOSE TO GO!" but whatever haha.
Well, If I had it my way, which clearly I don't haha I would have atleast taken 15 but I didn't want to leave my JV team with no one either :/
How many are on JV?

Back