All-Star Xtreme Spirit, Wisconson Dells

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am sorry and I don't want this to come off like I am bashing at all because I loved the routine, but that video up there of Top Gun is the same routine that scored a 191 out of 200 when they take 5 points off for stunt falls? Um something doesn't add up.

you basically took the words right out of my mouth. they didnt only do that warm up thing at this comp its at every comp and thats why our gym dont go there anymore. i always feel that they completly favor certin teams not just top gun its at EVERY comp. its unfair to everyone else that is there. and yes UA should have got the bid.

I will say we went to this competition last year for the first time and the last. There appeared to be some conflicts of interest that were pretty visible in regards to the judges and some questionable scoring that took place. Granted we were our own worst enemy so I can't complain too much but do know there were several complaints about this event and don't believe it is of any surprise that there were fewer bids for them to give out this year.

can anyone confirm or deny that Top Gun had a private closed practice time on the competition floor before they event started on Saturday? It is a rumor i heard (from a mini team family that was trying to get into the venue to get a seat). i'm not sure what to believe, but if it's true- it seems shady.

...It's on page 9:)
Thank you, don't know how I missed it. Still a good performance, not as good as day two but dang, still really good.
Such a shame all this other stuff hanging over this competition, not just this year but last year too.

can anyone confirm or deny that Top Gun had a private closed practice time on the competition floor before they event started on Saturday? It is a rumor i heard (from a mini team family that was trying to get into the venue to get a seat). i'm not sure what to believe, but if it's true- it seems shady.

I know for a fact, 100%, that that part is true.

I know for a fact, 100%, that that part is true.

so my first thought is- how is this fair to the other teams? i am totally for Top Gun- i think they are amazing and don't want this to sound like i'm bashing them. That being said- there is some craziness going on at this competition. How can one team competing for a bid get extra closed practice time when the others don't?! What about a team like Heat Athletics that has gone to Xtreme events for years? All the rumors are that Top Gun was brought in as a business move, but why not support the teams that have been loyal to your company?

I am just really failing to see how a team scores a 191 out of 200 with 5 points per stunt fall when there are several stunt falls and an all around good but sloppy routine. I don't blame Top Gun at all, but I am really questioning the judges and people over deductions.

Back