All-Star Yo, Gymtyme Is Not Playing This Year.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Atrapitis.gif

It is illegal to dismount in level 6 with a flip and a twist. I know what the poster is referring to, but I am not sticking my nose in this one. I chose not to say anything about this.

LEVEL 6 DISMOUNTS

D. Free flipping dismounts are allowed up to 1-1/4 flipping and 0 twisting rotations

I think you will discover that if you find a video of Gym Tyme 6 they are unaware of this rule.

To think they know a lot about the rules is pretty silly. They do not know anything. They just argue their way to these things being legal. The USASF has no backbone. If a big gym can argue their way out of a deduction, what is the point of the USASF for the rest of us?

I think you will discover that if you find a video of Gym Tyme 6 they are unaware of this rule.

To think they know a lot about the rules is pretty silly. They do not know anything. They just argue their way to these things being legal. The USASF has no backbone. If a big gym can argue their way out of a deduction, what is the point of the USASF for the rest of us?
ayo bitter betty, how about you take a step back?

ayo bitter betty, how about you take a step back?

Ive watched this thread for a quite a while, and it angers me a TON.

If whoever coaches those teams knew a bit about safety they wouldnt have put in that prone thing. Arguing their way out of it by saying it is at an angle is absolutely insane! They just completely robbed a team, Midwest, out of a paid bid BY THROWING THEIR WEIGHT AROUND. My proof is that they can't keep their GT 6 team legal, how the heck do you think they knew enough to keep their IOC 5 team legal.

What bothers me the most is the USASF is ROBBING Midwest of their rightly deserved bid. Part of the job of a coach is to know the rules, not muscle their way into them being correct.

To the coaches of those teams, the USASF, and WSF: How DARE you take away that bid from Midwest. I have lost all respect for you. It is an insult to cheerleading and everything I THOUGHT I believed in that you all are allowed to manipulate this sport to your will and advantage, when the rest of us have to play by the rules.

(Removed a bit of cussing - Kingston)

Ive watched this thread for a quite a while, and it angers me a TON.

If whoever coaches those teams knew a bit about safety they wouldnt have put in that prone thing. Arguing their way out of it by saying it is at an angle is absolutely insane! They just completely robbed a team, Midwest, out of a paid bid BY THROWING THEIR WEIGHT AROUND. My proof is that they can't keep their GT 6 team legal, how the heck do you think they knew enough to keep their IOC 5 team legal.

What bothers me the most is the USASF is ROBBING Midwest of their rightly deserved bid. Part of the job of a coach is to know the rules, not muscle their way into them being correct.

To the coaches of those teams, the USASF, and WSF: How DARE you take away that bid from Midwest. I have lost all respect for you. It is an insult to cheerleading and everything I THOUGH I believed in that you all are allowed to manipulate this sport to your will and advantage, when the rest of us have to play by the rules.

(Removed a bit of cussing - Kingston)
If you are honestly this upset by this, I would never wanna live your life.

Which Gym Tyme Coed 6 routine are you looking at where something is illegal?

The issue is a sticky one, but how exactly do you know that James Speed bullied Les Stella to get his way? You don't know what happened on the teleconference, no one but those on the phone knows what was said. I honestly feel like the parties involved felt the rule could be understood in different ways so they had to settle on something. I say that next year the wording will be changed so that it is clear to everyone reading it. Pointing fingers is not going to solve the situation or make it any better.

Maybe I am just someone who likes to see the positive sides of people, but I think the conspriacy theories of what goes on behind closed doors is just silly. Unless you have proof of what happened you are really doing nothing but running someone's name through the mudd.

The issue is a sticky one, but how exactly do you know that James Speed bullied Les Stella to get his way? You don't know what happened on the teleconference, no one but those on the phone knows what was said. I honestly feel like the parties involved felt the rule could be understood in different ways so they had to settle on something. I say that next year the wording will be changed so that it is clear to everyone reading it. Pointing fingers is not going to solve the situation or make it any better.

Maybe I am just someone who likes to see the positive sides of people, but I think the conspriacy theories of what goes on behind closed doors is just silly. Unless you have proof of what happened you are really doing nothing but running someone's name through the mudd.

The one from this year.

Thanks I didn't know because I haven't seen their routine from this season so it confused me a little. Guess I will have to wait until Cheersport (i guess they will be attending) to see the routine.

Maybe I am just someone who likes to see the positive sides of people, but I think the conspriacy theories of what goes on behind closed doors is just silly. Unless you have proof of what happened you are really doing nothing but running someone's name through the mud.

I don't have a dog in this fight, and frankly I have nothing against any gym or choreographer. HOWEVER, that being said, I feel the rule in this issue is very self explanatory. If it says you are not allowed to be caught in a prone position (on your stomach, which is the definition of prone), then I don't care what angle you're caught in, a prone position is a prone position. No angle changes that the flyer is released and caught on her stomach, ie prone. I just get peeved when rules are bent in ways that don't make sense.

Not sure who realizes this, but not only does this effect the paid bids but also the at large bids. On the bid sheet at WSF if the top scoring team was an international team then 2 other internationals were still eligible for a bid. If the top scoring team was NOT an international team then Int. was only eligible for 2 total rather than 3. Which means the next scoring level 5 team would have gotten an at large.

Back