All-Star Yo, Gymtyme Is Not Playing This Year.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree with King and KNOW that this stunt (performed the way it was) it is not legal.
I also think.. that while I am sure that Sitz_Lamos loves his gym and gym owner...Coming on here and and calling someone a D I C K and telling him what he "has been instructed" to tell him is amazlingly immature (for lack of a less offevsive word).

OK to move on-
Here is my question. What can be done to the Event Producers that miss a big deduction like this? I am sure if the team recieved a legalities penalty...someone else would have gotten a worlds bid. This happened to me earlier in the season. A team in a "worlds bid division" did an illegal pyramid and got a bid (without getting a deduction)....and I was the next team in line for the bid.

This is currently the LARGEST problem in all star cheerleading, far greater than any age rule, restriction or anything else that the folks may be voting on this week. It is one small sentence that is in every event producer's rules, and often over-looked.

ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL. Until this sentence is deleted forever, we will have problems like the ones being discussed here.

One of the things I read about Cheersport last year and the use of Dartfish for replays was to handle things like this. That the Judge would be able to push a button to mark a spot on the tape and they could go back after the routine and review what they saw or thought they saw. It was my understanding that Dartfish would also allow the judge to rotate the view to see the skill from the front and sides.. It would not be the different programs pushing the button but the judges.

One of the issues is that there are not that many people who know the rules completely in and out back and forth like Les does. One legality judge per routine CAN miss a lot, especially judging 10 hours a day different levels. It is frustrating because there is enough people with enough knowledge to be dangerous that will eventually catch stuff (I find illegal things all the time at competitions) because of just sheer numbers. If there was a way to have a one program legality challenge per comp that could only be brought out on Saturday... maybe that would do it?

This is currently the LARGEST problem in all star cheerleading, far greater than any age rule, restriction or anything else that the folks may be voting on this week. It is one small sentence that is in every event producer's rules, and often over-looked.

ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL. Until this sentence is deleted forever, we will have problems like the ones being discussed here.

So speaking in hypotheticals, said release move we have discussed is found to be illegal, but that release move is the reason for winning WSF. Only because the safety person was not able to catch it they won a bid. And there is nothing to be done about it. And said safety person could overlook safety rules (in theory) to achieve a desired result. I am NOT saying that did happen, I am saying this leaves open the possibility for it to.

I am not sure you can retroactively go take back a bid. But what about this solution. For a missed legality call that WOULD have affected a bid recipient that competition has to give out one less bid the next year (from whatever type the team with the illegality received). Think companies would start paying attention more then?
A couple fo years ago, NCA incorrectly awarded paid bids to the "highest" scoring teams. Problem was they accidentally skipped over World Cup small limited coed. They righted a wrong by paying their way to worlds after the problem was discovered. NCA actually had to pay for one more bid than they had planned. That was an expensive (approx. 25K) mistake.

Why do we have to get all techincal over a compliment?

I just wanted to point out the talent that GT has and their amazing routines. That was it. This thread is no longer about that, but over some stupid rules. I don't know if it's hatred towards GT, doesn't matter to me. But it is off-topic.

I just wanted to point out the talent that GT has and their amazing routines. That was it. This thread is no longer about that, but over some stupid rules. I don't know if it's hatred towards GT, doesn't matter to me. But it is off-topic.

Actually, you started this thread by asking the question WHO can beat them this year:

http://fierceboard.com/forum/threads/yo-gymtyme-is-not-playing-this-year.11752/

I stated, matter of fact, that because of the Worlds scoresheeets they are very beatable:

http://fierceboard.com/forum/threads/yo-gymtyme-is-not-playing-this-year.11752/#post-264885

You then countered with wild accusations of the incorrectness of cheerleading because of placement:

http://fierceboard.com/forum/threads/yo-gymtyme-is-not-playing-this-year.11752/#post-265119

To which I countered with this:

http://fierceboard.com/forum/threads/yo-gymtyme-is-not-playing-this-year.11752/#post-265144

And you responded you had.

To which I said an answer to your retort and THEN stated an even deeper reason of why they shouldn't win, the legality of their stunt.

and here we are.

It's not off-topic. GT is awesome and talented, however since this is a discussion board, illegal stunts (or anything illegal in the routine) will be discussed. So I guess to make this back on topic for you, would GT not be playing this year if their stunt was actually legal, therefore changed? does that make it on topic for you?

I have not said anything negative about GT. I respect that program, its owners, athletes, etc. But you put a video up, people are going to not only watch it, but analyze it. The illegality is fairly blatant, and someone felt is was worthy of discussion. I do not think less of GT for it. People make mistakes all the time. But I do not think the discussion was out of the blue. It was an observation made by a person after watching the video.

I don't understand why people can't post without cussing.

-Kingston

What point was made? Which one? I am lost now.
Kingston edited my post.

It was fine until she cussed. Please don't cuss. I am fine with opinions (even ones that differ from mine) but not cussing. You are not the first post I have blanked out because of cussing (and I have actually agreed with the cusser before). We do need to keep some amount of civility on here.

Back