All-Star You Know You're A Cheer'parent' When................

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

when your cp gets a non cheer related injury moments before leaving for practice, and your first thought is "gotta call the coach".

Not nice!

I don't think that she meant it in a mean way. I see it all the time in the gyms, some women don't get into it liek I do. But I would be willing to bet her mouther ourshines me in many ways....some that maybe would make my cp say the dame thing. We all have our good point and our bad points. I definatly don't join forums about subjects the I fall short in!! :rolleyes:

When...

You here a new song on the radio and say "Yeah, that'll be in someone's music."
You go BALLISTIC when someone says "cheerleading is not a sport"
You've scoped every possible website for the cheapest nfinitys, just cuz she "can't fly in anything else!"
Your work clothes are even in gym colors.
You know who Erica, Maddie and Kiara are.
You can roll a full head of hair in less than 15 minutes.

Gawd, we love this, don't we?!?

Haha I'm wearing a purple blazer right now.

I don't think that she meant it in a mean way. I see it all the time in the gyms, some women don't get into it liek I do. But I would be willing to bet her mouther ourshines me in many ways....some that maybe would make my cp say the dame thing. We all have our good point and our bad points. I definatly don't join forums about subjects the I fall short in!! :rolleyes:

My sincerest apologies!! I thought you were commenting on a different post!!

Feel free to delete my reply if you want.

After reading through this thread the first thing that comes to mind is.."Thank god Im not the only one"....LOL!! Like one of the other posters said, Thank you for making me feel normal(at least in the cheer world);)

It's all good. She's one of the sweetest ladies alive!

LOL - I guess I can share him with both of you- although I think Jamfest is foing to keep him traveling all the time.

Fair enough. We got hang out in DC a little. Hopefully we all get to see each other at Worlds a bunch. After that I hope I can convince Megan to go out to L'Ville and see you, Livi, Jason and the whole family.

You know you're a cheer parent when...

You understand clearly that arabesque is not a female from egypt, doubling down is not just something you do playing 21, scale isn't just something you're afraid to step on, punch front isn't one of those fancy new moves on the TyBow DVD you have never even put in the DVD player, and that a pyramid isn't just your neighbor who wants to tell you about this great new juice that he is selling that you can sell too.

... Coaches from other teams at the gym come to you to help them do " recon" on their competition because they heard you were good at it

... You sit through the entire division and text the coaches routine recaps of the teams that go before your team

... Some of your best friends are cheer parents in other states

... You read and understood the new age grid the moment you received the tweet from USASF

... You drive 40 miles one way 3 times a week to go to the most competitive gym in the area; passing 6 other gyms on the way

... You don't care where your kid is in the routine

...f5 Jason calls you mom

OMG, this is so me! Of course, I'm also the one sitting through all of level 5, tweeting updates, in Indy when my CP is a level 1 Mini!! I think I need professional help.

After watching F5 "warm up" to go to warm up in Indy and decide we were moving to Maryland :). After telling my hubby at Champs we were moving to Maryland (and the reason why) two moms (who heard all my gushing on their work ethic) turned around and said we are F5 moms! Made new friends that night!
I can only imagine his reaction :)

When your cp has her gym teacher in school in check with her... and you totally go along with it.." sorry I can't do gym today, I have a cheer comp/gymnastic meet this weekend"....he let's her get away with it. We can't get hurt doing foolish stuff can we?? Did I mention she's just 12 and has been running this since last school yr.

How about when you know every note, word and syllable of the music, that during your cheerleaders performance at a competition you sing so loudly that your cheerleader mean mugs you from the floor. I just keep dancing and singing. ;)

Back