All-Star Youth Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We do zero makeup for tiny/mini/youth/junior - only senior (teen) and open teams wear makeup. I personally like the fresh faced look on the younger ones but I know sometimes they have fun adding a bit of glitter or gloss. The older teams do a green and black shimmery eye with red lips

Oh the glitter.

In my bedroom at my parent's house, if you look closely, you can STILL see gold glitter from my gold glitter eyeshadow that was part of my comp makeup in SIXTH GRADE.

That stuff was awful! I would go to school with little pieces still on my face. My teachers gave me some interesting looks before they knew what it was from.

All teams in our program do a very natural classic type makeup with red lips. So both my girls wear some light neutral eyeshadow, mascara, a very light blush, and then the red lip stain. I really like it is very clean looking and SUPER easy to do.

Oh the glitter.

In my bedroom at my parent's house, if you look closely, you can STILL see gold glitter from my gold glitter eyeshadow that was part of my comp makeup in SIXTH GRADE.
My parents did a deep clean of my room and got a new mattress for my bed when I moved out, and my mom said there was glitter UNDER my mattress and box spring and in every crevice. I haven't even had to do glitter makeup since I moved in to that room, it just followed me somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every team has different hair and makeup requirements at our gym. Coach's discretion.

So for J1, they are wearing High curled pony, with optional forehead braid. The kids with a bob (like mine) can wear it either curly of straight with either a bow or headband with a bow.

Makeup is a shimmery smokey eye in the gym's colors with light winged lids and red lipstick.

Our program does a silver eyeshadow with black on the outer corner, cat eye eyeliner, and mascara/false lashes for the older ones and every team has a different lipstick color (my team does orange, our youth 1 does red lips). The little ones typically opt out of the eyeliner and do a softer silver grayish neutral eye look with a bit of mascara and lipstick.

I'm NOT a fan of lipstick. It gets everywhere, especially when the younger girls wear it. It doesn't matter how close to performing you apply it and how quickly after you take it off, it gets on the uniform in one way or another and is so hard to get out. I'm pretty "old school cheer" when it comes to youth makeup. When my younger teams want to wear makeup I keep it campy and bright. No smokey eye, no foundation. I consider it stage makeup. I want them to look like kids having fun, not kids who want to act grown. I'm also a fan of glitter stickers next to eye. I have to be mindful of the glitter. We've had judges surveying the glitter makeup & hairspray before they take the mat. In some competitions, you can get deductions for loose glitter getting on the mat.

I came across THIS blog with some interesting ideas/opinions.
THIS blog too!

Makeup is fun for most of the girls. I'm having war flashbacks to being 12 and having to preform in the morning and wait around all day for the awards with glitter itching my face. Did anyone else have to wear makeup like this for comps?
make-up.jpg

I'm NOT a fan of lipstick. It gets everywhere, especially when the younger girls wear it. It doesn't matter how close to performing you apply it and how quickly after you take it off, it gets on the uniform in one way or another and is so hard to get out. I'm pretty "old school cheer" when it comes to youth makeup. When my younger teams want to wear makeup I keep it campy and bright. No smokey eye, no foundation. I consider it stage makeup. I want them to look like kids having fun, not kids who want to act grown. I'm also a fan of glitter stickers next to eye. I have to be mindful of the glitter. We've had judges surveying the glitter makeup & hairspray before they take the mat. In some competitions, you can get deductions for loose glitter getting on the mat.

I came across THIS blog with some interesting ideas/opinions.
THIS blog too!

Makeup is fun for most of the girls. I'm having war flashbacks to being 12 and having to preform in the morning and wait around all day for the awards with glitter itching my face. Did anyone else have to wear makeup like this for comps?
make-up.jpg

Our girls get lip stain, not lipstick. Doesn't get on uniforms or anything, but sucks if CP moves while I'm applying it or decides to smack her lips together before it's dry!

Our girls get lip stain, not lipstick. Doesn't get on uniforms or anything, but sucks if CP moves while I'm applying it or decides to smack her lips together before it's dry!

We just got hair and makeup instructions. Also using lip stain so I might need some tips from you...

I'm a bit like :confused: at all the products we have to get but it doesn't tell us how to use them. 4 different color eyeshadow (black, grey, silver, white) and blush and bronzer, liquid eyeliner, mascara (ok, I know how to use mascara!), Sephora lip stain. Oh gawd help me... Do the judges really care about this? (It's a Y1 team)

My parents did a deep clean of my room and got a new mattress for my bed when I moved out, and my mom said there was glitter UNDER my mattress and box spring and in every crevice. I haven't even had to do glitter makeup since I moved in to that room, it just followed me somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was obsessed with glitter as a tween/early teen and then I got a boyfriend. Glitter is the worst tattle tail traitor that can't even talk! Needless to say, I hope my girls love glitter at the same age.

*The day Susie was not full of sunshine.*

We just got hair and makeup instructions. Also using lip stain so I might need some tips from you...

I'm a bit like :confused: at all the products we have to get but it doesn't tell us how to use them. 4 different color eyeshadow (black, grey, silver, white) and blush and bronzer, liquid eyeliner, mascara (ok, I know how to use mascara!), Sephora lip stain. Oh gawd help me... Do the judges really care about this? (It's a Y1 team)
No. A little helps to see facial features if the team is performing under stage lighting and the judges are far away, since performance is a part of the score sheet. But no, judges will not deduct if you don't wear any makeup or if everyone's makeup isn't perfectly matched.

But this isn't about the judges. It is about the gym's brand and how they want their athletes to represent them while in uniform.

Lip stain is just like lip stick, just don't mess up ;p It sounds like your gym wants a smokey eye too, just ask them what order they want the colors in. Bronzer go light on, the rest should be self explanatory. CP also uses lip stain; DH does all of our make-up because I suck at it. This is the first year I'm even qualified to do hair.

One tip for lip stain: make sure CP's lips are moisturized before putting it on. That will give a smooth finish. Also, a good eye makeup remover gets it off pretty easily.

Back