All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't necessarily think every single person on that team asked for the spotlight and the fans.

oh, you're right. i'm also not blaming the girls for the attention they get or for simply being teenagers and acting like them. seriously, i actually commend them. i've had moments where i've needed at least 20 minutes to compose myself before even seeing my mom after a bad performance. i couldn't even imagine hundreds of little girls in my face when all i wanted to do was sit in a corner and cry.

this isn't a dig at CSP (promise), but she pretty openly stated that she supports and is for the cheerlebrity phenomenon. i know every girl on that team isn't well known and didn't ask for fame, but at this point it kind of comes with the uniform. part of being on senior elite is posing for pictures with people who love you simply for the X-man on your chest.

maybe they (or any teams with overbearing fans in their space and interfering with "team time") should take a stand. the hour leading up to warmups and the hour after the performance is designated to the team. no pictures or public appearances. have the gym/coach/athletes facebook/tweet it out to their thousands of fans. so then when you say no to a picture you aren't getting publicly bashed for doing so.

That's true, no one should be forced. But not with only Sr Elite, any team who is "famous" and looked up to, should be prepared to handle the good and bad.

Maybe we should let the fans know it's okay to idolize when they hit, but if they have a bad day, pretend you don't know them?

This makes me think back to a certain "cheerlebrity" who was able to handle this dilemma with grace. I miss her.
Perhaps I missed the boat here but I thought Sr Elite performed an exhibition only .....like a practice in front of fans so I'm perplexed as to why they would need space etc.....what difference did it make to hit or not hit as fans flocked to support them so shouldn't they return the favor.

I feel like this is the best that CEA SMO-X and Medium Co-ed have ever looked. I hadn't seen them this season before now, but I know in the past I was never really impressed by them or able to watch a full routine of theirs for that matter because the level of proficiency just wasn't there for me.
Snaps for them.

I feel as though you can't expect someone to take a picture at your beck and call. You don't know me, you don't know my life, you don't know what I've been through. If I don't want to take a picture or be photographed respect that and move along. They may be busy, they may have elsewhere to go they may simply not like taking photos. Fact of the matter no one has to do anything they don't want to do if its not mandated by law. If you cant get a picture with them suck it up and move along. Life goes on. Years from now when these people are older they'll feel silly for being insulted by something like that. It doesn't mean they don't appreciate it or aren't gracious, but now just isn't the time for it. Plain and simple. Also lets not forget they are 1 of 36. another member of the team may be willing; if its that important to you find another one who's open to it OR again move along. Now if the way they went about declining to take a picture was rude that's another matter. But that's just my opinion.

Having "fans" is a responsibility. If you don't have the time or personality, don't make excuses. Just be you, if you offend certain people, who cares....own up to it and move on. If you accept a position on a team where you know you will be called out, criticized, loved, fawned over and hated....all within 5 minutes, thats what you "signed" onto when you joined. This is no big surprise or gotchya! You want to be on the "it" team, but don't want the rest of it? Thats fine by me, just don't be bothered by what your "fans" may say when you don't feel like dealing with it. I really don't care.

Sunday after coming off the floor the team was backstage watching the replay video when apparently some kids came behind the curtain for photo opportunities. The team was clearly upset but trying to oblige a long line of fan's during a time they wanted to watch the replay and think about what just happened. Courtney pulled all of them away as soon as she reached them backstage for a team meeting, abruptly ending the picture taking. She felt the fan's deserved a better performance since Battle let them exhibition and took them to discuss a re-do. The decision was made to not go again but instead practice. That is why the kids couldn't take pictures immediately after their performance. Team obligations!

I want to say that anyone (adult or child) that tries to approach these kids during a time that they are watching their video replay of their performance and still behind the curtain with their team/coaches is just in extremely poor taste. Shame on you for not only encroaching on their team time but then having the audacity to tweet about them negatively. Shame on you.......shame on whoever didn't teach you how to approach someone that you want something from. They didn't deserve that. But I guess it's fun to kick people while they're temporarily down!

Back