College 2012 Nca College Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just saw something on twitter that said about an out of bounds, I don't know how much of a deduction that is though.
I'm not sure about college nationals, but I know for high school and allstar they only deduct if someone deliberatley walks off the mat with both feet. If its just one foot that steps out or something, or a tumbling pass gets a little crazy and someone steps a foot out line judges were always told this season not to count that....
Otherwise, that is a lot of out of bounds!

I can't figure out why they aren't intermediate.

Because some teams don't want to be limited to level 4 all-star rules. They weren't bad exactly - I know when I was in college I would have rather not made it to finals in my division than be on an intermediate team. We could all safely do flipping baskets and simple 2 1/2 pyramids - and Coastal Carolina isn't that different.

I'm not sure about college nationals, but I know for high school and allstar they only deduct if someone deliberatley walks off the mat with both feet. If its just one foot that steps out or something, or a tumbling pass gets a little crazy and someone steps a foot out line judges were always told this season not to count that....

I think NCA is pretty strict about OOB - I remember my coach drilling it into our heads to not even "break the plane" when throwing our poms/signs off the mat after the 45 second. You can't even step off the mat, to sneak around the back of tumbling.

Also - are there only 6 or so AG videos up on Varsity for anyone else, or is that just me?

Because some teams don't want to be limited to level 4 all-star rules. They're not really struggling with most of the college skills.

I didn't mean it like that...

Their tumbling wasn't there. Their stunting wasn't there. Being able to do something and being able to do something and perform it well are two different stories. They probably would have excelled in the intermediate division.

I also remember the days when CCU (being that I cheered at their conference rival equivalent college) had a fairly stacked small coed and an All Girl team that did well at UCA... I root for CCU... I'd just rather see them excel than struggle...

The exact tweet I saw was "We would be in first if we didn't have an out of bounds...whatevs we are going straight to finals!!! #BBs #daytona" which is why I assumed they got deducted for it :confused:

The exact tweet I saw was "We would be in first if we didn't have an out of bounds...whatevs we are going straight to finals!!! #BBs #daytona" which is why I assumed they got deducted for it :confused:
I saw the tweet as well and I don't think that they have seen their scores or scoresheet because there is no way that an out of bounds was a .5 in safety and .3 in regular deductions.

Because some teams don't want to be limited to level 4 all-star rules. They weren't bad exactly - I know when I was in college I would have rather not made it to finals in my division than be on an intermediate team. We could all safely do flipping baskets and simple 2 1/2 pyramids - and Coastal Carolina isn't that different.

All I'm saying is. I remember competing at NCA in 2005 (the first year that they had intermediate I believe...and the challenge cup) and I got off the bus and I said to my coach "Why exactly didn't we do intermediate again?"

And then 2 days later when we got 2nd to last...in the challenge cup (U of F club team got last) I posed the same question. We were a good team...and would have smashed intermediate.

I would have rather been on the intermediate team then...but thats just me.

....its kinda like thinking you should go to worlds with 2 tic tocks and 3 fulls.....

Dont get me wrong, CCU has a good routine but who knows, maybe CCU will hit all of their stunts tomorrow... I suspect their tumbling wont change however. Go Chants!

Just got texted by someone on an All girl Int. team that got the deduction. Apparently their scoresheet says it was an OOB and they proceeded to take off .5 even though in the rules it says OOB are .05 .......the girls and coaches are very confused.

NOTE: they just reposted the standings at the bandshell apparently with fixed errors for All Girl Int 1. I'm getting texts saying that the standings have changed.

All I'm saying is. I remember competing at NCA in 2005 (the first year that they had intermediate I believe...and the challenge cup) and I got off the bus and I said to my coach "Why exactly didn't we do intermediate again?"

And then 2 days later when we got 2nd to last...in the challenge cup (U of F club team got last) I posed the same question. We were a good team...and would have smashed intermediate.

I would have rather been on the intermediate team then...but thats just me.

....its kinda like thinking you should go to worlds with 2 tic tocks and 3 fulls.....

Dont get me wrong, CCU has a good routine but who knows, maybe CCU will hit all of their stunts tomorrow... I suspect their tumbling wont change however. Go Chants!
They better hit this afternoon or there will be no tomorrow :)

So they counted an OOB as a .5 safety deduction? Even if that were the case the tweet from the Clemson girl still isn't correct because they still had .3 in other deductions.

From what I've been texted, Texas A&M Competition Squad is now in first for All Girl Int 1.....haven't seen it change online yet though.

Back