All-Star 2012 Videos - V4

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

there are a bunch of teams over here that tend to wear nailpolish in their teamcolors for competitions. My Team does aswell
Interesting. Our all-stars have always been told no nailpolish except for clear. I've been told it has to do with the EMTs needing to see the athletes' nailbeds to quickly assess oxygen level when they are in need of medical attention

Sorry for the double post! Sometimes I hate that you can't delete something posted on here when it was done so in error.

Interesting. Our all-stars have always been told no nailpolish except for clear. I've been told it has to do with the EMTs needing to see the athletes' nailbeds to quickly assess oxygen level when they are in need of medical attention
oh okay never heard of that but that makes sense!

There's no rules about nail polish though, at least not in all-stars. My team was goin to wear matching polish at worlds and we never got around to it.

But I have heard of that reasoning.

There's no rules about nail polish though, at least not in all-stars. My team was goin to wear matching polish at worlds and we never got around to it.

But I have heard of that reasoning.
I never knew if it was actually an official rule or not - but I have seen nail polish on all-stars at comps especially this past season. It just struck me that many of them had it in this video, especially the shot of the girl's hand holding up the trophy. I know I have always made my cp take off the polish before comps. And cut her nails!

we actually told our girls they have to cut their nails for next season.During last season my arm looked terrible i had so many scratches thanks to my bases long nails -.- I have to admit long nails bother me way more than nailpolish

Also, if (heaven forbid) someone broke their arm, the nail polish would make it hard to assess capillary refill (pressing the nail bed until it's white then seeing how quickly the blood rushes back). Slow capillary refill = your hand not getting enough blood and therefore oxygen. Dangerous situation if it goes on long enough.

Also, if (heaven forbid) someone broke their arm, the nail polish would make it hard to assess capillary refill (pressing the nail bed until it's white then seeing how quickly the blood rushes back). Slow capillary refill = your hand not getting enough blood and therefore oxygen. Dangerous situation if it goes on long enough.
I'm even more surprised then there is no official rule against it.

we actually told our girls they have to cut their nails for next season.During last season my arm looked terrible i had so many scratches thanks to my bases long nails -.- I have to admit long nails bother me way more than nailpolish
My cp is a base; I'm always worried about her scratching someone!

Back