All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In other news, Xcel 360's new uniforms
7407e5d4652dd0548d22a21198b8ba0a.jpg

Nothing can make me like fake belts. But otherwise it's not bad. Would be cool if they had team sports bras that were purple or something so they would be able to wear a sports bra with it....

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Reminded me of this!
To NFINITY and beyond!
2a0gtvn.jpg

The kids in our gym who have been there since youth, or before, are so used to crop tops, they don't think about their milk bellies. My CP is very modest, but when I asked her which she preferred, she said cropped. She said it's what she's used to, it's the type of uniform the gym has traditionally worn, and as soon as she's done competing, she's changing into something more comfortable, anyway. That surprised me. We worry so much, but our kids can be so pragmatic. I guess the parents' POV and the athletes POV is very different.

So true! My CP wants a crop top, but I won't let her join a gym that wears those. For those of us who don't want our daughters to wear them, there are plenty of gyms that we can choose from. I think the crops are pretty, but I just don't want my daughter wearing one. :)

In other news, Xcel 360's new uniforms
7407e5d4652dd0548d22a21198b8ba0a.jpg

Nothing can make me like fake belts. But otherwise it's not bad. Would be cool if they had team sports bras that were purple or something so they would be able to wear a sports bra with it....

I feel like the shorts are way too short and the top seems a little baggy on her. If you look at the picture of the back and squint your eyes, it seriously looks like she's wearing a pair of underpants because of the way the lines are. If the shorts were a skirt, I would love this uniform.
But I do love the fact that this uniform is clean, there's no mesh on the stomach, and there's no excessive use of cutouts.

So true! My CP wants a crop top, but I won't let her join a gym that wears those. For those of us who don't want our daughters to wear them, there are plenty of gyms that we can choose from. I think the crops are pretty, but I just don't want my daughter wearing one. :)
Not trying to be rude or anything just curious how old cp is and what style swim suit does she wear? Only ask because have heard people say same thing but then let the child wear a bikini at the beach or pool.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

My Princess Hotmess wears a crop top and loves it she also wears a bikini as her swimsuit. She has a bit of a gut and I am sure some would say she should not be wearing a crop top but she feels like she looks like a million bucks in it so I really do not care how other people preceice my daughter she thinks she looks amazing and she feels amazing in it. She is 9 and on a junior team.

My Princess Hotmess wears a crop top and loves it she also wears a bikini as her swimsuit. She has a bit of a gut and I am sure some would say she should not be wearing a crop top but she feels like she looks like a million bucks in it so I really do not care how other people preceice my daughter she thinks she looks amazing and she feels amazing in it. She is 9 and on a junior team.

And this it ALL that matters - imho.
I´m not sure if that makes sense, but i´ll try to explain:
Girls who don´t have any problems with their body image, will wear a crop top uniform like any other girl on their team without even thinking about that some people might or might not find it flattering on them.
If parents say they don´t want their daughter to wear a crop top, it´s okay and it´s their choice.
But it shouldn´t be about body types.
I´ve had parents in the past that told their daughter she will have to loose weight to look good in her uniform. This is not acceptable and one of the situations i feel the need to step in as a coach.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just honestly curious. So let's say CP's level advances past what her current gym has (like lets say she becomes a level 5 and their highest is a 3) and all the gyms with level 5 teams in your area wear crop tops. Would you hold your daughter back and keep her at current gym just so she can keep wearing a full top? Or would you give in and let her change to the level 5 gym even though she'd wear a crop top? I completely respect the idea of not feeling comfortable with CP in a crop top and am just curious to what you would do in that type of situation.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just honestly curious. So let's say CP's level advances past what her current gym has (like lets say she becomes a level 5 and their highest is a 3) and all the gyms with level 5 teams in your area wear crop tops. Would you hold your daughter back and keep her at current gym just so she can keep wearing a full top? Or would you give in and let her change to the level 5 gym even though she'd wear a crop top? I completely respect the idea of not feeling comfortable with CP in a crop top and am just curious to what you would do in that type of situation.

Precisely what happened to us. It was my daughter that was DEAD SET against wearing a crop. For 7 years we were in full tops and she was very clear she'd never wear a crop (she's got inexplicable confidence issues even though she would look good in a paper bag, but I had no opinion so we just did what she was comfortable with). Then she outgrew her gym. It was clear our former program wouldn't have a competitive team for either of them this year and that was the driving force in our move. There were three options in our "area" for teams to fit her skill set and allow her to continue growing. Two had full tops and one had crops. She and her brother (not that he cares about crops) didn't bat an eye and chose the crop gym. I mentioned it to my daughter (we played devils advocate with them for months to be sure they'd considered everything) and in the end...getting to be in a place where she can continue to grow with people as crazy dedicated and intense as she is made her choice, the uniforms were a compromise.

Not that she compromised long. As soon as hers came in she ran to put them on (she has two different ones) and loves them both. She's had a complete crop change of heart. Told me at her first competition (for whatever reason) that she likes them better than full tops and had been missing out.

She's a self-conscious 13 year old so that was a total surprise, but I'm really glad she's happy with it. Which is what I keep telling myself when I try not to think about having bought 3 (about to be 4) brand new uniforms in one season. #help #broke

Only senior teams wear crop tops at our gyms. Our owner always had it that way even way before it was a rule.
I have at least 3 more seasons before I have to worry about it.

Precisely what happened to us. It was my daughter that was DEAD SET against wearing a crop. For 7 years we were in full tops and she was very clear she'd never wear a crop (she's got inexplicable confidence issues even though she would look good in a paper bag, but I had no opinion so we just did what she was comfortable with). Then she outgrew her gym. It was clear our former program wouldn't have a competitive team for either of them this year and that was the driving force in our move. There were three options in our "area" for teams to fit her skill set and allow her to continue growing. Two had full tops and one had crops. She and her brother (not that he cares about crops) didn't bat an eye and chose the crop gym. I mentioned it to my daughter (we played devils advocate with them for months to be sure they'd considered everything) and in the end...getting to be in a place where she can continue to grow with people as crazy dedicated and intense as she is made her choice, the uniforms were a compromise.

Not that she compromised long. As soon as hers came in she ran to put them on (she has two different ones) and loves them both. She's had a complete crop change of heart. Told me at her first competition (for whatever reason) that she likes them better than full tops and had been missing out.

She's a self-conscious 13 year old so that was a total surprise, but I'm really glad she's happy with it. Which is what I keep telling myself when I try not to think about having bought 3 (about to be 4) brand new uniforms in one season. #help #broke

I think if I was a parent I would have done the same. God bless your bank account, my mom would flip if she had to buy four uniforms a year...especially because it would be 6 for us. Eeek

I think if I was a parent I would have done the same. God bless your bank account, my mom would flip if she had to buy four uniforms a year...especially because it would be technically 12 for us.

I've already laid claim to @mstealtoyou little bit's juniors uniform for next year to save money not having to buy new! Now if I could just get her to agree to a payment in a margaritas and a wine rack bra I'll come out on top!!! :D

I've already laid claim to @mstealtoyou little bit's juniors uniform for next year to save money not having to buy new! Now if I could just get her to agree to a payment in a margaritas and a wine rack bra I'll come out on top!!! :D

That sounds like a fair trade to me!

Only senior teams wear crop tops at our gyms. Our owner always had it that way even way before it was a rule.
I have at least 3 more seasons before I have to worry about it.

Our gym is the same way. Actually, I think only our senior 5 team wore a crop last year - the average age on the other senior teams skewed much younger so they wore full tops.

Back