All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm just honestly curious. So let's say CP's level advances past what her current gym has (like lets say she becomes a level 5 and their highest is a 3) and all the gyms with level 5 teams in your area wear crop tops. Would you hold your daughter back and keep her at current gym just so she can keep wearing a full top? Or would you give in and let her change to the level 5 gym even though she'd wear a crop top? I completely respect the idea of not feeling comfortable with CP in a crop top and am just curious to what you would do in that type of situation.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I don't know. It is not anything I have ever thought about. Her old gym is very conservative, has 13 squads ranging from Tiny 1 - Senior 5. They are very conservative and would never, ever consider crops. And with her physical limitations, it is really nothing that I will probably ever have to worry about.

But age might play a bit into it. I feel at 9 years old, she is way too young to be on stage in tops like that. It is just my personal preference. I don't judge others for their choices. If they want to put their children in crops, more power to them. I just do not feel it is appropriate for my 9 year old.

Not trying to be rude or anything just curious how old cp is and what style swim suit does she wear? Only ask because have heard people say same thing but then let the child wear a bikini at the beach or pool.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

She is a brand new 9 year old; just turned 9 in august. I do let her wear a two piece bathing suit at the pool. I feel it is appropriate for her at the pool to wear such attire.

Like I have stated, I prefer the full tops over the crops for my daughter. If others are comfortable with crops, that is wonderful for them. Luckily for us, there are several gyms to choose from.

OMG i dont, oh wait.... i forgot...no one is allowed to give any sort of opinion of their own on the board unless everyone agrees with it. :rolleyes: dont choose one sentence out of an entire paragraph and try to go judge judy on it, i defend them in the end, i really dont care. but like i said before, yes, i think juniors should have to wear full tops cause of the age thing. the end.

I thought I was the only person who felt this way haha. I love fierceboard and all, but it does seem this way a lot.

I'm always so intrigued to see different parenting styles on here because it really does take all of us to make the world go round.
Our gym has been crop for as long as I've been there and judging from pictures even before that. My little bit started at 5 and has been wearing crops ever since. It's just what she's used to. She's always had a tshirt to throw over it to eat and whatnot because she wasn't the neatest child I've had. Back then she preferred the tankini's at the beach and pool and that's what she wore. Even though she wore crops at cheer. It's like the over the top makeup and everything else about the package deal. I never had her begging to wear cheer makeup to school ....... she knew it was just a performance enhancer. Even to this day my CP is very light with her makeup. LOL No eyeliner, etc.....pretty much powder, eyeshadow and mascara.

It was harder for me to get used to/get past the switch from soffee's to spankies.

I guess I'll be the only person that gives this poster the benefit of the doubt since I've personally never seen anything overtly negative come from them. After all she's the one that did the "My daughter is a loner" thread and surely wouldn't in turn bash someone else's child.

Because of this I interpreted this post to be a poorly worded way of saying that she doesn't like crop tops because they can cut people off at weird lines and have inconsistent fits across the board. Way too short on the top maybe, which is probably due to poor uniform design

Thank you, I did not mean for my opinion on the way a uniform fits/looks on a person to be so attacked. I have had a negative body image of myself all my life. I don't have to be attacked about a uniform opinion to malke me feel bad about myself. I just feel that uniforms are getting out of control and wonder how many girls don't or won't do All Stars because of the uniform.

The written word is sometimes the hardest to understand as so many people read the same sentence but get so many different meanings.

And, yes, I am the one Coach on the team that when ordering new uniforms always adds an inch to the skirt when the other Coach says it's just fine. I don't think seeing a girl's spankies when she is standing still is appropriate.

And to the poster that asked about bikinis at the beach. My daughter wears a bikini but she always has a cover up or towel or t shirt handy, that's not my doing that's hers. Its her decision she doesn't want to wear a crop top. (Our squad wears full tops and we are a Senior squad). And yes, she is my beautiful daughter that loves cheer and everything about regardless of her friends. In fact, she wore a cheer bow to her brother's basketball scrimmage today.
I have seen a lot of beautiful uniforms on here and some that are well......not so. And I love this thread and check it out often. I screenshot a lot of them to show my daughter later as it is fun to see how my opinion and hers are the same or different.

My team's new uniforms should be done the 2nd week of Dec. and can't wait to get them. But they are just plain full tops nothing fancy but our girls don't care, they're excited to have new uniforms.

Not trying to be rude or anything just curious how old cp is and what style swim suit does she wear? Only ask because have heard people say same thing but then let the child wear a bikini at the beach or pool.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

I don't have a kid, so obviously that changes y perspective a bit. But I think there's a difference between the beach or pool and being on a stage with hundreds staring at you.

So true! My CP wants a crop top, but I won't let her join a gym that wears those. For those of us who don't want our daughters to wear them, there are plenty of gyms that we can choose from. I think the crops are pretty, but I just don't want my daughter wearing one. :)

A uniform is just not a deal breaker for me. My daughter loves her friends (family) at the gym too much. The uniform is just that, a uniform - a prop - a part of the performance. I danced as a child. Those uniforms can be quite revealing. The way my daughter looks at it, she wears her uniform respectfully because it's what her coaches chose and it represents her program and her team, but ultimately, it's only 2:30. She wears it, then she's done. The uniform does not in any way belie or reveal what type of person lies beneath it. So, as long is it is not distasteful (read: tacky, revealing, politically or racially offensive), then I'm good.

I thought I was the only person who felt this way haha. I love fierceboard and all, but it does seem this way a lot.
its by far the most annoying thing about this forum... its like the time someone new to fierceboard asked about a specific athlete cause she didnt know any better, and people proceed to give her crap for 10+ pages. it was said to witness mostly adults, basically pick on someone half their age.

Vancouver All Stars ‏@VAS_Cheer 1h
Our New Program Wide Uniform for All Senior Ladies
BaR43QUCcAAf64i.jpg:large

They always have gorgeous uniform :cloud9: Bravo VAS!

I got to see VAS's uniforms 4 months ago hehehe. First time i've ever had to keep a secret from y'all! Looks like they added some rhinestones since the picture i got!

I don't have a kid, so obviously that changes y perspective a bit. But I think there's a difference between the beach or pool and being on a stage with hundreds staring at you.

Based on experience in Virginia Beach a conversation with a police recruiter from there I will bet there are more many more people and pedophiles roaming the beaches than at our competitions. I respect everyone's own feelings on this but am always curious which is why I ask about the swim suit. I have no intention of arguing or saying their opinion is wrong because it isn't. My non-cp would wear a crop without question and I would let her.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

Based on experience in Virginia Beach a conversation with a police recruiter from there I will bet there are more many more people and pedophiles roaming the beaches than at our competitions. I respect everyone's own feelings on this but am always curious which is why I ask about the swim suit. I have no intention of arguing or saying their opinion is wrong because it isn't. My non-cp would wear a crop without question and I would let her.

Cheer Dad = broke dad
I agree with this. honestly, I don't crop tops intentions are to be pretty in them. Have you ever wore a t shirt will tumbling/stunting? it can get in the way quite a bit. Also, crop tops allow us to stay cool. esp with all of the nerves and the lights and competing as a whole, it gets awfully warm on stage. I would die if i was wearing capris/full top, for example.

I agree with this. honestly, I don't crop tops intentions are to be pretty in them. Have you ever wore a t shirt will tumbling/stunting? it can get in the way quite a bit. Also, crop tops allow us to stay cool. esp with all of the nerves and the lights and competing as a whole, it gets awfully warm on stage. I would die if i was wearing capris/full top, for example.
But would you quit if told you had to west a full top? A few years back USA Hockey mandated all coaches wear a helmet when on the ice during practice. A lot of coaches protested and said they would quit. In reality only a very small handful quit. The others adapted and moved on which is what I think would happen with the cheeerleaders if full tops became required. From a safety standpoint the crop makes so much sense as bases can hold on better to help lift the flyer.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

Back