All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@cheernerd5678
You're point is also what I was talking about earlier - would the number of people like you - who like the big glitz aspect of cheerleading and would be put off if it became all athletic - outweight the number of people who could be drawn to the sport if it became more athletic. For growth purposes.

If that makes sense. I know what I'm trying to say I just can't get it out! Haha!
My thing is, honestly, if you're put off of the sport because of what we wear and how we do our hair and you can't look past it to see the athleticism.... bye. ;)

I upload all images from Tapatalk on my phone! And I'm not elite member and all I literally do is click the photo icon in this box and select the pic and I'm done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by5y5aza.jpg
Lets see if this works. These are my teams new uniforms. No bling, just stock uniform. Thought we would have no trouble, just needed a racetrack sports bra. Nope, the front is cut really far over and the straps show. Ugh!

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk

We shouldn't have to ditch bows, pretty uniforms, and big hair to become a sport/be seen as athletic. Ditch impractical uniforms, yes, but they can be pretty. Nobody's going to see us as a sport when at least half of us can't wear a proper sports bra with their uniform. But if a uniform is practical why can't it be glitzy too. If it's not holding you back/causing problems to the point where you can't do athletic things, why should we have to change it? Having a bow on my head doesn't keep me from doing a back tuck so why should I have to take it off? To please the outsiders? No thanks.
We can look pretty and be athletic at the same time, but the rest of the world doesn't understand that. They're still struggling with the fact that women can be athletes and also care about what they look like, because for a long time female athletes couldn't do the glitz, pretty dresses and hair, makeup stuff if they wanted to be accepted as legitimate athletes. But in the allstar cheer world, we know we're awesome athletes, even though the rest of the world just sees big hair and sparkle. We can't back down from that, it's giving in to the people who are stuck in the past.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
AGREED, 95857849938%

A
The uniform is wrong, wrong, wrong. They are an open team, yes but that does not mean all their athletes are 18+ open is 14+, which concerns me that a maybe a 14, 15 year old is wearing this uniform! However, i love the male version :rolleyes:
Actually it's 16+ this season, they're bumping it up to 17+ for 2014-2015 and keeping it there.

Back