All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok. I am in no way denying the talent of the designers nor denying that these designs are beautiful. They truly are and I completely respect the designers.

But they are so unnecessary. When did it become a "thing" in cheerleading to wear these uniforms/costumes/burlesque outfits? Yeah that's great that it makes you confident or whatever your excuse is for it - but it is not on the scoresheet so it should not be on the stage. Same with ott hair and make up. No place.

Put a soccer player or a tennis player in lady jags uniform or midnights uniform and curl her hair till its as tall as her - I bet she feels hella confident!!! But since it doesn't affect their score what they wear, nor is it practical, they do not wear it.

Its becoming ridiculous. People need to stop screaming from the rooftops that cheerleading is/should be a sport and then applauding when uniforms like the ones we've seen come out.

Final word - I applaud the uniforms however I will never applaud the uniforms on an allstar cheerleader.

This isn't directed at any particular program, but I just don't understand why a program will get new uniforms for every single season (may not be for ALL of the teams from the program, but the more high profile teams), or they'll unveil a new uniform for Worlds and we never see it again.

I know I've said something like the above before, so sorry if I sound like a broken record. Just needed to get it out after seeing yet more uniforms that apply.

Ok. I am in no way denying the talent of the designers nor denying that these designs are beautiful. They truly are and I completely respect the designers.

But they are so unnecessary. When did it become a "thing" in cheerleading to wear these uniforms/costumes/burlesque outfits? Yeah that's great that it makes you confident or whatever your excuse is for it - but it is not on the scoresheet so it should not be on the stage. Same with ott hair and make up. No place.

Put a soccer player or a tennis player in lady jags uniform or midnights uniform and curl her hair till its as tall as her - I bet she feels hella confident!!! But since it doesn't affect their score what they wear, nor is it practical, they do not wear it.

Its becoming ridiculous. People need to stop screaming from the rooftops that cheerleading is/should be a sport and then applauding when uniforms like the ones we've seen come out.

Final word - I applaud the uniforms however I will never applaud the uniforms on an allstar cheerleader.
I don't believe I used confidence as an "excuse". We don't need an excuse to wear our uniform... It may not be on the score sheet, but your overall look IS important in cheerleading. Confidence CAN make a team perform better. Different uniforms compliment different routines and choreography styles. Ours may not be what you like, and that's fine. Our style isn't for everyone. As for make up, that and the tans help to make your routine and face read from far away. Showmanship is part of the score sheet. Making what we do look easy is difficult if you look washed out and can't see facial expressions.

This is more of a general post, I would have said the same if it wasn't my uniform and my best friends uniform being discussed currently in this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But on the flip side, put a cheerleader in baggy shorts, jersey, hair messily tossed up and no make up and I'm sure she doesn't feel hella confident either. Just playing devil's advocate here...well kinda, not really because I don't necessarily think we should remove the glitz and glam from our sport... just tone it down a bit (cough cough huge hair I am talking about you cough cough).

Coming from a girl who used to be a gymnast, one of things I like most (Besides stunting and team etc.) is getting to put on makeup and do my hair. In gymnastics the most variation I would get is putting my hair in a bun maybe. I love the glitz and glam of cheer. However, on a side note, I have noticed gymnastics leotards are becoming more provocative. Mesh and cutouts plus tons of rhinestones, gymnasts are also wearing more makeup these days.

Ultra Modern Comp Leotard from GK Elite

Just something I've noticed

Coming from a girl who used to be a gymnast, one of things I like most (Besides stunting and team etc.) is getting to put on makeup and do my hair. In gymnastics the most variation I would get is putting my hair in a bun maybe. I love the glitz and glam of cheer. However, on a side note, I have noticed gymnastics leotards are becoming more provocative. Mesh and cutouts plus tons of rhinestones, gymnasts are also wearing more makeup these days.

Ultra Modern Comp Leotard from GK Elite

Just something I've noticed
Probably because the same company making cheer uniforms is a gymnastics company.

I thought the hours and hours of practice was what gave these kids confidence.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I'm not saying that a uniform gives a team all of there confidence...that is definitely not the case for my team. However, it does boost our confidence when we feel good about ourselves vs if we showed up with no make up and our hair however we woke up in whatever clothes we could find that day... Either way we would be confident in our skills... We perform at practice the same way we do at competition, but we feel better about it when we feel better about ourselves if that makes sense.

Just to play devil's advocate, because I do somewhat agree with you...

One, Venus Williams wears all kinds of crazy get-ups in tennis. Top Gun is like the Venus Williams of cheer.

Two, by your logic, we don't need any uniforms. It wouldn't be just Top Gun (or the other crazy ones we've seen). By this logic, no uniform would be necessary. I'd be kind of sad if we just went to sports bras and shorts, ponytails, and street makeup. I like allstar's look when it's not so ridiculous.

I'm all for looking good and doing hair and makeup for comps.. but really how can you possibly feel confident knowing a huge portion of the people watching you are focusing on your uniforms that look... different. Idk I wouldn't feel confident knowing a large amount of people thought I looked ridiculous. Maybe I just have low self esteem.

I thought the hours and hours of practice was what gave these kids confidence.

I feel like there are two different kinds of confidences, one that is built in the gym working with your team and hitting your stunts and another that happens when you put on your uniform and get ready. The first one says I could hit these stunt any time, anywhere, any place and the second says I'm ready to shine and show the world what I've got...if that makes any sense. Like ones a group confidence and ones a personal confidence.

I don't believe I used confidence as an "excuse". We don't need an excuse to wear our uniform... It may not be on the score sheet, but your overall look IS important in cheerleading. Confidence CAN make a team perform better. Different uniforms compliment different routines and choreography styles. Ours may not be what you like, and that's fine. Our style isn't for everyone. As for make up, that and the tans help to make your routine and face read from far away. Showmanship is part of the score sheet. Making what we do look easy is difficult if you look washed out and can't see facial expressions.

This is more of a general post, I would have said the same if it wasn't my uniform and my best friends uniform being discussed currently in this thread.

I wasn't referring to your use of confidence, I actually didn't even see that you had made one. I was reffering to posts I had seen on twitter, specifically about the OO5 and Midnight uniforms.

And please, re read my post. I never once said I didn't like the uniform. I made that clear. I also never mentioned that I didn't like tans. I agree, looking washed out on stage isn't great. Please don't make assumptions about what I have said until you have properly read it.

I liked the Lady Jags uniform. I think you all looked great in it. But there is little for a uniform like that or like the majority of uniforms that have been debuted in the last season or two when you could be wearing something simple and practical such as Stingrays or the TG Open 4 uniform (Tryyyy and tell me that they aren't confident ;) )

But on the flip side, put a cheerleader in baggy shorts, jersey, hair messily tossed up and no make up and I'm sure she doesn't feel hella confident either. Just playing devil's advocate here...well kinda, not really because I don't necessarily think we should remove the glitz and glam from our sport... just tone it down a bit (cough cough huge hair I am talking about you cough cough).

Agreeing 100% with the toning it down. Some more than others.
And about the soccer reference - it probably wasn't the best analogy I could have made, haha! - I meant that soccer players wear what is among the most basic outfit for them to successfully do their sport. Translating that into cheer, the simplest we could go to would be a long sleeve uniform top (no cutouts and or mesh) and shorts/skirt.

I wasn't referring to your use of confidence, I actually didn't even see that you had made one. I was reffering to posts I had seen on twitter, specifically about the OO5 and Midnight uniforms.

And please, re read my post. I never once said I didn't like the uniform. I made that clear. I also never mentioned that I didn't like tans. I agree, looking washed out on stage isn't great. Please don't make assumptions about what I have said until you have properly read it.

I liked the Lady Jags uniform. I think you all looked great in it. But there is little for a uniform like that or like the majority of uniforms that have been debuted in the last season or two when you could be wearing something simple and practical such as Stingrays or the TG Open 4 uniform (Tryyyy and tell me that they aren't confident ;) )
I did properly read your post, and referred to it while typing my response. I added in the comments about tans because it was relevant to the point I was making. I am aware that you never said you disliked the uniform, I never said that you did. I made a general statement that if you did not like it, that was fine because it is not for everyone (If you don't think it has a place on an allstar cheerleader, that's fine. It's not for everyone). I have worn multiple uniforms that have been considered impractical the past few seasons, but I have also worn simpler uniforms from previous gyms. I did feel confident in both. The "impractical" uniforms I have worn have never actually been impractical. They have never posed any problems. People make them out to be so difficult, however they are no more difficult than any other uniform I've worn. I never stated you couldn't feel confident in a less showy uniform. I've even put on a stingrays uniform, and I felt great in it. I felt great in the uniform in my avi, I felt great in our v neck uniform, and I felt great in our new uniform as well. It fits our team well, our personality, choreography, overall style... And we have had no malfunctions in it or problems.

Back