All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Will someone videotape brandon's performaces?? I read in their twitter page that their first comp will be a day after tomorrow, i think. Sorry if I'm so advanced :)

Figured I'd post this here since it gets a decent amount of traffic and I want a legitimate educated answer.
I have been watching Cheer Athletics' Blue Debut videos over again and noticed Panthers' stunt MIGHT be illegal.. In my opinion, I'd say there is no clear and definite stop after two rotations, and that the stunt continues to move onto a 2 1/4 rotation, which is illegal. Since the rule is judged based off of the flyer's position and not the bases, there is more than a double up happening here. I know the stunt is moving into the last 1/4 quite slowly but it seems that that is more execution and less avoiding illegality.
Is this illegal?

The rule I'm referring to is here:
  1. Twisting mounts and transitions are allowed up to 2 twisting rotations by the top person in relation to the performing surface.
    Clarification: A twist performed with an additional turn by the bases performed in the same skill set, would be illegal if the resulting cumulative rotation of the top person exceeds 2 rotations. The safety judge will use the hips of the top person to determine the amount of total rotation a top person performs in a skill set. Once a stunt is hit (i.e. prep) and the athletes show a definite and clear stop, they may continue to walk the stunt in additional rotation

In reference to my post, watch the little girl in the back row on the far right. Her double ups seem to make it around the best and kinda show that they're supposed to be 2 1/4 ups.

Figured I'd post this here since it gets a decent amount of traffic and I want a legitimate educated answer.
I have been watching Cheer Athletics' Blue Debut videos over again and noticed Panthers' stunt MIGHT be illegal.. In my opinion, I'd say there is no clear and definite stop after two rotations, and that the stunt continues to move onto a 2 1/4 rotation, which is illegal. Since the rule is judged based off of the flyer's position and not the bases, there is more than a double up happening here. I know the stunt is moving into the last 1/4 quite slowly but it seems that that is more execution and less avoiding illegality.
Is this illegal?

I see what you mean. It's only really noticeable on the girl on the far right like you said, cause some of the other flyers only make it to a 1 1/2 and the bases twist to a double. So maybe thats what the girl on the far right was supposed to be doing, her group just got a little carried away (for lack of a better phrase :p ).
I watched all the flyers individually and you're right, she's the only one that hits a genuine double up and then the bases twist, all the others hit 1 1/2, 1 3/4 or somewhere in the middle. Once the execution of the stunt is cleaned up we will be able to see clearer I am guessing!

I compared their stunt to SOT Med Coed 2013 because they do the same thing and it was legal. Its difficult to tell because SOT twist slower than Panthers and are slower pulling their scorps!

I see what you mean. It's only really noticeable on the girl on the far right like you said, cause some of the other flyers only make it to a 1 1/2 and the bases twist to a double. So maybe thats what the girl on the far right was supposed to be doing, her group just got a little carried away (for lack of a better phrase :p ).
I watched all the flyers individually and you're right, she's the only one that hits a genuine double up and then the bases twist, all the others hit 1 1/2, 1 3/4 or somewhere in the middle. Once the execution of the stunt is cleaned up we will be able to see clearer I am guessing!

I compared their stunt to SOT Med Coed 2013 because they do the same thing and it was legal. Its difficult to tell because SOT twist slower than Panthers and are slower pulling their scorps!

Agree. @Andre can you clarify?

Also - If you also notice, some of the flyers are in their set right before the double up with their hips (and some upper bodies) turned 90 degrees to right.

Is this illegal?

The rule I'm referring to is here:
  1. Twisting mounts and transitions are allowed up to 2 twisting rotations by the top person in relation to the performing surface.
    Clarification: A twist performed with an additional turn by the bases performed in the same skill set, would be illegal if the resulting cumulative rotation of the top person exceeds 2 rotations. The safety judge will use the hips of the top person to determine the amount of total rotation a top person performs in a skill set. Once a stunt is hit (i.e. prep) and the athletes show a definite and clear stop, they may continue to walk the stunt in additional rotation

its legal now! i think you might have been reading the old rules? the new rules for 2013-2014 say: (the 1/4 is in red which means its changed)
  1. Twisting mounts and transitions are allowed up to 2 1⁄4 twisting rotations by the top person in relation to the

performing surface.
    Clarification: A twist performed with an additional turn by the bases performed in the same skill set, would be illegal if the resulting cumulative rotation of the top person exceeds 2 1⁄4 rotations. The safety judge will use the hips of the top person to determine the amount of total rotation a top person performs in a skill set. Once a stunt is hit (i.e. prep) and the athletes show a definite and clear stop, they may continue to walk the stunt in additional rotation.

its legal now! i think you might have been reading the old rules? the new rules for 2013-2014 say: (the 1/4 is in red which means its changed)
  1. Twisting mounts and transitions are allowed up to 2 1⁄4 twisting rotations by the top person in relation to the

performing surface.
    Clarification: A twist performed with an additional turn by the bases performed in the same skill set, would be illegal if the resulting cumulative rotation of the top person exceeds 2 1⁄4 rotations. The safety judge will use the hips of the top person to determine the amount of total rotation a top person performs in a skill set. Once a stunt is hit (i.e. prep) and the athletes show a definite and clear stop, they may continue to walk the stunt in additional rotation.

Ah okay thanks for the clarification. I must have been looking in the wrong place! This makes sense then.

Back