All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wouldn't say stars "peaked" at their showcase. I think that since it was everyone's first time seeing them it was more of a surprise to see how great they were. I agree that there's some areas that need a lot of cleaning and they could use a little more "wow" but look at what they did at worlds last year. I have no doubt in my mind that Elaine and Joelle have something up their sleeve!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I agree that I don't think peaked was the right word -but she meant (and I agree) that they haven't really improved since their showcase.
Plateau might have been a better one.

I clearly read it since I referenced it so no need to have an attitude. I don't see where in my post I misquoted what she said in the first place so maybe you didn't read it.

You were asking why they weren't competing all season - and it was answered a while back. Yet you are still trying to bring about the idea that CEA put the coed boys on Phoenix so that Phoenix could do better. Don't try to create controversy where its apparent that in the situation , those boys were needed.

You were asking why they weren't competing all season - and it was answered a while back. Yet you are still trying to bring about the idea that CEA put the coed boys on Phoenix so that Phoenix could do better. Don't try to create controversy where its apparent that in the situation , those boys were needed.
Please point out where I said this! I think you missed what I said completely. I said if they had boys in waiting why they didn't compete this weekend. Or why didn't one of them didn't take Holdens place. Assuming they have been practicing to take the c/o places then they would know the routine already so easy fit.

Please point out where I said this! I think you missed what I said completely. I said if they had boys in waiting why they didn't compete this weekend. Or why didn't one of them didn't take Holdens place. Assuming they have been practicing to take the c/o places then they would know the routine already so easy fit.

I think the plan is for the boys to be ready by Worlds, when they will have to compete. If they are not expecting or being expected to compete until then, they may well not be ready. Therefore Holden - an experienced athlete - took the place for the one comp.
What if they had been learning another spot in the routine and not the one of the athlete that left? Being that they are all new to L5/new to cheer - it probably would be difficult to learn it in 4 days whereas an athlete like Holden could.

All of the information I have just told you, by the way, it reiterated from other postings in this thread. NONE is my own knowledge. If I can read them, surely you can too?

I think the plan is for the boys to be ready by Worlds, when they will have to compete. If they are not expecting or being expected to compete until then, they may well not be ready. Therefore Holden - an experienced athlete - took the place for the one comp.
What if they had been learning another spot in the routine and not the one of the athlete that left? Being that they are all new to L5/new to cheer - it probably would be difficult to learn it in 4 days whereas an athlete like Holden could.

All of the information I have just told you, by the way, it reiterated from other postings in this thread. NONE is my own knowledge. If I can read them, surely you can too?
Again? Really.. It was never stated that they weren't ready to compete. Just not in the routine yet. (yes I read that all by myself) I was talking about all 3 c/o not just Holden in my original post. I just don't understand why throw them in for worlds the biggest competition of the year when they could have experience competing at a large competition in preparation for worlds. "They weren't ready at the start of the year for this team so they put some coed elite kids" this is what you said then you say they didn't have time to learn it in 4 days. So seems to be you are surmising and not going off all recent posts. So please take your own advice

Sorry not part of this convo but, May I ask where you are from? I did a lot of reading of boards waiting to post and you seem very familiar with so many athletes/ programs across the nation! I am guessing you are well connected in the industry showhow? ;)

Again? Really.. It was never stated that they weren't ready to compete. Just not in the routine yet. (yes I read that all by myself) I was talking about all 3 c/o not just Holden in my original post. I just don't understand why throw them in for worlds the biggest competition of the year when they could have experience competing at a large competition in preparation for worlds. "They weren't ready at the start of the year for this team so they put some coed elite kids" this is what you said then you say they didn't have time to learn it in 4 days. So seems to be you are surmising and not going off all recent posts. So please take your own advice

In reply to the bolded, I don't pretend to know much about this team, however if they are not in the routine by this point - I am sure there is a reason. If the kids from coed are better they will be in the routine. When the kids from coed are no longer available (worlds) then its time for the others to step up.
Coach Eddie on Cheerleaders always says "I will but the 20 (in the case of med coed -30) best kids on the floor that are available"
At this point, this is the best crop of athletes available to form the team (the boys tried out for both teams i assume) and soon they will not be available and people need to be ready to take their place.

I am sorry if you thought my posts were rude/hurtful - Its not a personal attack.

Sorry not part of this convo but, May I ask where you are from? I did a lot of reading of boards waiting to post and you seem very familiar with so many athletes/ programs across the nation! I am guessing you are well connected in the industry showhow? ;)

Flattered, thank you. I am just a fan! Been a fan of cheerleading for a long time and that has lead to me knowing a lot about it I guess! Not associated with any gym!

Welcome to the boards! Hope you enjoy yourself! :)

Back