All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CEA won worlds with doubles pulled right off the ground a while back (They have gotten MUCH better)

Reguardless of their placement in previous comps, the tumbling technique in the video was scary. Stunt technique was top notch, but they need to work their tumbling before girls start breaking.

They will be fine I'm sure. It's still early. Kids are throwing new skills. If they don't clean up soon I'm sure one of their coaches will take it out or water it down.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

they also go by "triple X" maybe after the term "triple threat" with a little CEA spin to it, who knows, OR they just choose "triple X"/"XXX" randomly and it has no meaning. Why over analyze, freak out, "smh" and assume things with no knowledge on how they choose there name at all.

Lets be real here.....

Ok. I'll just be the one to say it.

What on God's earth is wrong with CSP? When I hear "Miss December" I do NOT think of calendars or pageants. :rolleyes: "Miss <insert name of month here>" is generally used for centerfolds, not pageant girls. :eek:

And a team named "XXX"??? Seriously... wth? I just can't with this nonsense. If this was anyone besides cea, no one would be remotely ok with this.

I thought December was the kids name with the sparkly skirt.

I was like wow we have an April, June, and December. :) lol

They will be fine I'm sure. It's still early. Kids are throwing new skills. If they don't clean up soon I'm sure one of their coaches will take it out or water it down.

This is gonna come off as harsh, but the whip full and 3 to dub in the front, there's no excuse, if tumbling is finishing like that in a comp or showoff than it's finishing like that at practice and shouldn't be on floor yet. There's no shame in having them full the first couple comps until it's solid on tumble trak/rod.

And honestly lots of their doubles begin twisting right off the floor. It's a problem many cheer gyms have, where they coach doubles by telling a girl with a full to "Pull harder and stay closed and see how far you get". Proper double technique is SO IMPORTANT.

I would love for Fantasy to globe this year, and to do that I feel like they should bring someone in from a gym who has great tumble technique (Paging Ms. Love) and really focus on the nitty gritty of their tumbling.

This is gonna come off as harsh, but the whip full and 3 to dub in the front, there's no excuse, if tumbling is finishing like that in a comp or showoff than it's finishing like that at practice and shouldn't be on floor yet. There's no shame in having them full the first couple comps until it's solid on tumble trak/rod.

And honestly lots of their doubles begin twisting right off the floor. It's a problem many cheer gyms have, where they coach doubles by telling a girl with a full to "Pull harder and stay closed and see how far you get". Proper double technique is SO IMPORTANT.

I would love for Fantasy to globe this year, and to do that I feel like they should bring someone in from a gym who has great tumble technique (Paging Ms. Love) and really focus on the nitty gritty of their tumbling.

Mmmkay.

I just watched the video. It looks to me like they were having a bad day all the way around. Stunting and tumbling. Perhaps, they were just not ready to debut - like you said.

the whip full has thrown that pass for the past 2 years, she didn't just get it.

the whip full has thrown that pass for the past 2 years, she didn't just get it.

That doesn't mean much. I'm slightly more okay with it since I have seen her land that pass, but it's not done properly when she does land it.
I'll say this much about Fantasy, and this might be a lot coming from me, if anyone had ever witnessed my conversations with Andrew and Troy on here. I criticized Fantasy all last season, but watch their Worlds video and I can see 2 passes that scare me, one is that girl doing the whip full, and one is a double who takes off VERY slightly too early. Not right off the ground, but just slightly too early so her momentum is too much back and not enough up.
I'm expecting this year will be the same. There were girls on that team competing underrotated/bad technique doubles before Worlds that fulled at Worlds (or at least it looked like it). Every gym views things differently. Many gyms choose to not allow their athletes to throw iffy skills on the floor, many gyms do. Whether one viewpoint is better than the other is entirely up to who you ask. Is it dangerous? Yes. But just as dangerous as that athlete throwing that skill on the floor during practice.
In their showcase video I only saw 2 passes that scared me. The girl doing the whip "full" (someone please tell her the way to twist your body in a full is not by driving your heels over your head), and the 3 to double that didn't fully rotate (her feet were waaaay too far apart for comfort on her last back handspring). The girl who hurt her ankle took off early, but most cheerleaders do, it's something I'm used to seeing so it doesn't scare me as much. Are there things in that routine, tumbling wise, that would concern me? Yes. But PCM doesn't need a tumbling overhaul anybmore than most gyms do, and those gyms include some of the biggest gyms on this planet.

All I will comment is this: Fantasy have made our entire program very proud with their progress. However, they are one team among twenty six at our program. I never see any tumbling comments from any of our other worlds team videos, so please don't base an issue with a singular team to be an issue for the entire program.

Anywho, got to catch up on videos.... And I see you CEA medium coed.

All I will comment is this: Fantasy have made our entire program very proud with their progress. However, they are one team among twenty six at our program. I never see any tumbling comments from any of our other worlds team videos, so please don't base an issue with a singular team to be an issue for the entire program.

Anywho, got to catch up on videos.... And I see you CEA medium coed.
Did we see the same video? People have the right to comment on improperly trained tumbling when they see it. You're really too biased to say anything dude.

Did we see the same video? People have the right to comment on improperly trained tumbling when they see it. You're really too biased to say anything dude.

huh okay i had to read Andrews comment 3 times now to understand your reaction and i still don't get it
He didn't even say anything about the video, he just said people should not imply that all PCM Teams have Tumbling issues based off Fantasys video and their problems.

That doesn't mean much. I'm slightly more okay with it since I have seen her land that pass, but it's not done properly when she does land it.
I'll say this much about Fantasy, and this might be a lot coming from me, if anyone had ever witnessed my conversations with Andrew and Troy on here. I criticized Fantasy all last season, but watch their Worlds video and I can see 2 passes that scare me, one is that girl doing the whip full, and one is a double who takes off VERY slightly too early. Not right off the ground, but just slightly too early so her momentum is too much back and not enough up.
I'm expecting this year will be the same. There were girls on that team competing underrotated/bad technique doubles before Worlds that fulled at Worlds (or at least it looked like it). Every gym views things differently. Many gyms choose to not allow their athletes to throw iffy skills on the floor, many gyms do. Whether one viewpoint is better than the other is entirely up to who you ask. Is it dangerous? Yes. But just as dangerous as that athlete throwing that skill on the floor during practice.
In their showcase video I only saw 2 passes that scared me. The girl doing the whip "full" (someone please tell her the way to twist your body in a full is not by driving your heels over your head), and the 3 to double that didn't fully rotate (her feet were waaaay too far apart for comfort on her last back handspring). The girl who hurt her ankle took off early, but most cheerleaders do, it's something I'm used to seeing so it doesn't scare me as much. Are there things in that routine, tumbling wise, that would concern me? Yes. But PCM doesn't need a tumbling overhaul anybmore than most gyms do, and those gyms include some of the biggest gyms on this planet.

I know, but I was just saying that she has landed it and finished the pass. I think the person I quoted was implying that she had been working on it and still got put in.

He wasn't saying that you couldn't. Someone said that PCM coaches need to teach better technique and all he was saying is dont judge the entire programs tumbling off of one team.

Back