All-Star 2013 Cheer Extreme Showcase......come Be A Vip!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Outside of negatively discussing minors and cussing talk about pretty much whatever you want in cheer.
Aaaaa *&%^ I really wanted to talk about &^@# and their (*!@ing *%^$! Well %^@#* it all to &$@@. ;) (joke...totally unrelated to anything on this thread....just a disclaimer...)

This might be a very shocking post coming from me but...
I genuinely wish I had the opportunity to just sit down and pick Courtney's brain. And whoever else plays substantial roles in these routines. There's probably 8-10 people in this industry that I'd love to just sit and talk to about cheer and just hear their insight and their creative process, and Courtney is high on the list (right below Victor/Kristen and Elaine/Joelle). Year after year, whether I personally like the team/routine or not, I'm astounded by the precision of every element in these routines and that even the things that seem small and insignificant are intricate and made to look a lot easier than they are.
as a CEA newbie it amazes me that the tiny, nit-picky, precision things (like buried in the back left corner) she sees. She like sees ALL of it and corrects it. I don't know how she catches the (almost) insignificant details that alone don't mean anything but end up being that wildcard factor that effects things in a bigger way later. Half the stuff she'll stop and nitpick i never, ever saw and I've gotten good at watching routines and then after she addresses it, you can't figure out how you didn't see it in the first place. My brain doesn't work that fast. it would be an interesting conversation.

Ha! True. Definitely pointless if it's just bitterness. I'm all good with comparing styles and scoring. But if you're just mad... well, it's time to move on. :D

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
All people have been talking about with football recently is 'The last time a team way X-Y their season went like Z.' For comparative concepts, evolution and scoring styles I'm totally about utilizing the information available from previous seasons.

But people moaning/whining about past seasons (you're allowed to lament IE- Panthers last year *sigh*)... You can be sad and wish things have gone better, just no Bitter Betty Business. :p

This might be a very shocking post coming from me but...
I genuinely wish I had the opportunity to just sit down and pick Courtney's brain. And whoever else plays substantial roles in these routines. There's probably 8-10 people in this industry that I'd love to just sit and talk to about cheer and just hear their insight and their creative process, and Courtney is high on the list (right below Victor/Kristen and Elaine/Joelle). Year after year, whether I personally like the team/routine or not, I'm astounded by the precision of every element in these routines and that even the things that seem small and insignificant are intricate and made to look a lot easier than they are.

Can i please, please, please be little mouse under the table during this conversation?

Of course you mean it in a negative way. It's what you do. LMAO

But to answer your question there are 4.

uhm no actually. I am in favor of crossovers, as long as there is no rule breaking. CEA does an amazing job at ensuring that they break no rules, but they max out the potential of every individual athlete.

if a team thinks it isnt fair, then train harder to win against a team that follows the same age restrictions.

thanks for being salty though.

uhm no actually. I am in favor of crossovers, as long as there is no rule breaking. CEA does an amazing job at ensuring that they break no rules, but they max out the potential of every individual athlete.

if a team thinks it isnt fair, then train harder to win against a team that follows the same age restrictions.

thanks for being salty though.

I'm not salty....I laughed for goodness sake's. But your reputation does proceed you so there's that. LOL (Again I'm laughing......it's not that serious and I don't mind answering)

Courtney is an artistic extrovert. Unusual combination. Meaning she is very internally creative but constantly looks to other's opinions not for affirmation of her idea, but any new idea or opinion she can contemplate or incorporate. If she respects your opinion she will seek you out. Her visual perception and memory is off the charts. She, like all of us has her strengths and weaknesses. Her mind works so fast that often she will appear to be flippant, but she is listening.

That said, she has a characteristic that has enabled her to create an iconic all girl team in SE. She has the ability to interact with young women in a critical and often in your face style, Lombardi like, while she lets them know that she cares about them as much as anyone in their lives and they become motivated not only to please their teammates and parents, but the coach. However, she is only happy when she sees them mature to the point where all the work and effort is really to please themselves and become self motivated to be the best they can be for not only themselves but the team. Not the staff or the parents. It is hard to do.

Maybe you can help me out with something I would like to understand better. If my team goes into worlds and has deductions then I know they're probably not going to win and they don't deserve to. So how do you feel f5 should have won in 2012 with all the deductions they had? I'm not being sarcastic I'd genuinely like to know what the reasoning behind this is.

i personally have never said f5 deserved it in 2012, but their were people who voiced their opinion and said they should have won that year.

Back