All-Star 2014-2015 Music

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My argument was more "Since the vast majority of the industry (if not the whole industry) does it it's probably fine." Don't get it twisted.

I don't think I got it twisted. You just confirmed that. A vast majority doing something does not make it OK!! I stand by my original statement that that logic makes no sense to me. If it does to you then it does to you.

I don't think I got it twisted. You just confirmed that. A vast majority doing something does not make it OK!! I stand by my original statement that that logic makes no sense to me. If it does to you then it does to you.

I generally assume in the instance of morality that the general consensus is such for a reason, if an industry of child care professionals allows it they more than likely do so because they do not find it to be a problem or detrimental.

Last edited:
There are plenty of songs that are appropriate to use but there is even more that in original form aren't. I feel like if everyone used 100% children friendly songs everyone would have the same kind of music.
For people to be overly analyzing a song even when it edited is a little ridiculous. If they edit to make it safe to use then I think it's fine.

If you want to use the song "What's Your Fantasy" by Ludacris in your music go right ahead, you have every right to. It doesn't change the fact that I now have a bad taste in my mouth whenever I think of your program. Or the fact that a 10 year old could hear it and think, "wow, I want to hear this whole song, let me look it up."

My thoughts on something that's become a trend this year apparently..
It's cool that you got someone legitimately relevant in the real world on your music, but if I was an athlete and had to hear something like "hey it's Soulja Boy what's up" in my mix, I'd be a little annoyed.

This. It's crazy how last season I don't remember anyone saying anything about oranges music. And anyone who has attended college knows the intentions of the original song.

Because it's not the intentions of the edited for orange version. A lot of people didn't even know there was a real song to it.

If I remember right, Cheetahs used the mix for the first couple comps and changed it over winter break?

Back