All-Star 2014-2015 Music

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I never speak out about this stuff but this is really getting on my nerves.
I've been going through all the posts about me on this thread, and have been doing mixes for 14 years.
Maybe i shouldn't look at all.... but its quite hurtful when people diss something you have worked so hard on, my mom always told me, "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all. I know it's a forum and people are entitled to their opinion but us producers do read these and it's not fun to look at. as far as the whole inappropriate music matter goes, I used the song to make a voice over. i didn't use any dirty parts, and its ridiculous to associate an entire songs premise by just using a few lyrics. I grew up with a disabled sister who i took care of before and after school no questions asked, and I listened to Ludacris, Trina, TLC, and Eminem, none of these songs made me a bad person and its ridiculous to think im changing the youth by using a song that has cussing in it, but I'm never using those parts.
There are much more terrible things happening in the world then to comment on how CJA is talking about an anaconda. You have no idea how hard I and all the top producers work to get things out, i get yelled at at least 10 times a day with a smile on my face.
We will never satisfy everyone but I seriously can do without, "Oh i hate it" "thats bad"
#BeNiceThinkTwice

I've been going through all the posts about me on this thread, and have been doing mixes for 14 years.
Maybe i shouldn't look at all.... but its quite hurtful when people diss something you have worked so hard on, my mom always told me, "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all. I know it's a forum and people are entitled to their opinion but us producers do read these and it's not fun to look at. as far as the whole inappropriate music matter goes, I used the song to make a voice over. i didn't use any dirty parts, and its ridiculous to associate an entire songs premise by just using a few lyrics. I grew up with a disabled sister who i took care of before and after school no questions asked, and I listened to Ludacris, Trina, TLC, and Eminem, none of these songs made me a bad person and its ridiculous to think im changing the youth by using a song that has cussing in it, but I'm never using those parts.
There are much more terrible things happening in the world then to comment on how CJA is talking about an anaconda. You have no idea how hard I and all the top producers work to get things out, i get yelled at at least 10 times a day with a smile on my face.
We will never satisfy everyone but I seriously can do without, "Oh i hate it" "thats bad"
#BeNiceThinkTwice

You are amazing at what you do and Cheer Infinity will for ever be in love with mixes you did for us! Your Premier TN Pumas and early Pittsburgh Superstars mixes changed my life!

#BeNiceThinkTwice

I know it can hurt. You're like an author or chef who is reading sometimes stinging reviews of your hard work. That doesn't mean that what you do isn't loved by many others. As the saying goes, you can't please everyone.
You keep doing what you do and let your many years in this industry speak for itself. Obviously somebody loves what you do or you wouldn't be doing it. ;)

*Disclaimer: I'm not saying this because you work on our music at Cali. I would give this advice to any creative person who has to read critiques of their work.

#BeNiceThinkTwice
My best advice...don't read the comments. You know there will be people who don't like the product, and of those people there will be ones who comment on their dislike. Same as there will be those who like it and of those people, there will be positive comments. Everyone's tastes are different so not everyone will agree.

@CustomGrooves , I feel so bad that you thought I was dissing the job you have done. I was reluctant to speak out and only talk about the cheer music I like, but that would not have been very honest... I agree with @NJ Coach, when she said that everybody is not going to like the same things. (just paraphrasing her) I have a preference for something different than what I heard, I noticed that I like the stylings of Cheer Music Pro more and it could be simply that and nothing else. I believe, I listen to a few of the CJAs and did not like the heavy bass sounds, the continuous gunshots and I thought the voiceovers did not compliment the music, that is really all. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings, but point me to some of your other Cheer Mix to listen to. I know, you feel like the messenger got killed in bringing the message and you should never feel that way about the work....

Seriously, I might just be afraid of gunshots because I work in an area where gunshots do occur and I do not wish to hear it in my music...

PS: Frankly, @CustomGrooves , you should take the attitude that this chick is tone deaf and what she knows about good cheer music..."I am fine aged wine (CustomGrooves) and you only accustom to sipping red Koolaid"(Pebbles49)!"Yeah, that's right I said it"!:D

Last edited:
#BeNiceThinkTwice
There will always be haters. I try my hardest to follow the rule of "If you don't have something nice to say, zip it" but am not perfect.
I love your mixes and CJA's is one of my cp's and my favs this season. You did Lady Suns 2 years ago - it was a gym fav.
What you do is an art, one you are very talented at. Ignore the haters or avoid the board. You are fabulous!

Last edited:
People are not neccesarily haters. Some people are going to like some mixes and some people are not going to like them. If you release your music for everyone to hear, then you are going to hear opinions - good and bad. And like NJ coach said, if you don't want to hear the negative, then don't come on a message board.
No matter what you do, someone is not going to like it. You can never please everyone. You just need to give what your clients want and if they are happy with your product then that's all that matters.

@CustomGrooves - my advice is don't take anything too personally. Some might not like your style just because they don't care for it or the music that you used, and that is ok. Others have personal agendas and prejudices towards certain programs whether they admit to it or not. Don't waste your time trying to decipher what or why. The only thing that matters is if your clients love it and the judges don't hate it! Beyond that, you will just drive yourself crazy trying to protect your art.

@CustomGrooves , I feel so bad that you thought I was dissing the job you have done. I was reluctant to speak out and only talk about the cheer music I like, but that would not have been very honest...

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the meaning of your sentence. Are you saying that it would have been dishonest of you to only discuss the music you like, and that you somehow felt morally obligated to also discuss the music you don't like? If I read that correctly, then that's ridiculous.

Although, that might explain why so many people freely and unapologetically criticize others' uniform and music choices. It makes so much sense now. They're only doing what's honest ;)

Back