All-Star 2014/2015 Practicewear

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Idk I feel like the t-shirt cut sports bras would be really comfortable? Not only would it provide a good amount of support but it doesn't have all the cut outs many sports bras tend to have now and it's similar to a t-shirt. I have a similar shirt (for casual wear not practicing) but I think it's very comfortable and would work great for practice if made out of sports bra material.

You can't wear underwear even for practice? :confused: I mean for performances, sure, but why does it matter at practice?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The only time girls are allowed to wear underwear is doing that time of the month and the must be seamless and/or thongs. They want the girls to get used to not wearing underwear,so come stage time,it's not uncomfortable or weird;it's just the norm. My cp actually had to learn to wear underwear in cheer;it was so weird for her to wear underwear with booty shorts. We're very thankful that she had a super sweet older teen and her mom,take us aside & take us under their wings and tell us about underwear in cheer! They saved us from some what could have been some very embarrassing moments! :p

Is it Sadie Jane? They posted this one with shorts on Facebook the other day and I thought of you.

We dont let the girls wear underwear for practice/rehearsals/class either. Especially in ballet. Tights ARE underwear really. It's very common in dance - no underwear, ever.

It's still Detail Dancerwear,but I am buying it from the Sadie Jane store! CP saw the short version on her Instagram,so we sent the pic to get the okay from SO and she was fine with it;we actually woke up the next day,to an email from her,giving the girls the shorts version as an option. Fingers crossed more parents get the shorts and not the briefs! Thanks for thinking of little old me! It's nice to have people out there looking out for you and your kids! :D

They sell seamless underwear in nude. So even though that might be a rule. My kids wearing her undies thank you!

If you have a cheerleader,then no problem. But if you have a dancer,your setting her up for a very uncomfortable time, many talks and if she wants to go far,maybe even jobs. Seamless nude underwear still don't work when a girl is on stage;she's going to have to learn to not wear them,especially if she plans on go higher up, in the competition,ballet or professional world. I know it sounds weird and every mom starts off like that,with the my child will keep her undies on!, attitude,but if she's staying in the dance world,you can't keep the undies! ;)

Well, this actually makes me happy because my 4 year old is in ballet and I feel like I'm the only parent from her class that let's her kid go commando. I just couldn't stand the bunched up showing through underwear look.

You're actually the only parent doing it right! And trust me,when recital time comes and your's is the only one,who doesn't have neon purple Dora panties,hanging out from under her leotard/costume,you'll be a very happy mama,with the best pics and videos! :)

When CP was a gymnast the underwear thing drive me nuts. The little girls with Disney panties hanging out if their leos. CP did not wear any with hers. Then when she got to a competition team they made them wear the undies that are meant to go w a leo (GK brand). She had a hard time transitioning to wearing them!

Same with dance! Seeing panties hanging out under tights made me cringe.

Mommy to 2 kiddos! One CP and one undecided sports fan :)

The Fierce Board App!

You're actually the only parent doing it right! And trust me,when recital time comes and your's is the only one,who doesn't have neon purple Dora panties,hanging out from under her leotard/costume,you'll be a very happy mama,with the best pics and videos! :)
This, exactly. It will still show, especially on stage under costumes and teachers beyond preschool classes WILL send a child to the restroom to remove it. It just looks tacky under tights, no matter what kind. As for " that time of the month" the sooner they learn to use a tampon, the better for all involved.

I never wore underwear to practice :p More than you needed to know, but it's what is expected across the board. Gymnasts don't wear it either.
When I took tumbling at a gymnastics place, there was this one girl whose underwear stuck out of her leotard....not a good look at all.

I was at a high school gymnastics meet once and this poor JV girls Leo rode up and was totally thonging during her entire routine. She definitely was not wearing underwear. Poor girl but I'm assuming if she would have fixed it it would have been a deduction.

I was at a high school gymnastics meet once and this poor JV girls Leo rode up and was totally thonging during her entire routine. She definitely was not wearing underwear. Poor girl but I'm assuming if she would have fixed it it would have been a deduction.

Yes, it's a deduction. (Also I'm so jealous you have high school gymnastics.)

How typical of the world to tell little girls they can't pluck a wedgie in the middle of a routine. Why not make a practical outfit so that wedgies aren't even a problem? There are very few boys sports outfits that don't offer adequate coverage and protection for the activities they undertake. Impractical practice wear, uniforms, not being able to wear under garments… we keep telling little girls that you can only be strong and athletic as long as you are also pretty to look at.

So. Over. It.

How typical of the world to tell little girls they can't pluck a wedgie in the middle of a routine. Why not make a practical outfit so that wedgies aren't even a problem? There are very few boys sports outfits that don't offer adequate coverage and protection for the activities they undertake. Impractical practice wear, uniforms, not being able to wear under garments… we keep telling little girls that you can only be strong and athletic as long as you are also pretty to look at.

So. Over. It.

Heck, is there one where the boys aren't rearranging their "stuff" even? It's such a common sight that I don't even notice it anymore when my son is doing it! Ugh!!

Can you imagine a girl doing that? No.

Heck, is there one where the boys aren't rearranging their "stuff" even? It's such a common sight that I don't even notice it anymore when my son is doing it! Ugh!!

Can you imagine a girl doing that? No.
Imagine if boys got a deduction in football for rearranging their junk ahahahaaa!!

I once did my gymnastics routine and sure enough, I had a legit wedgie going and waited until I got off the mat to fix my cheekies. It was awkward, but I was a rather confident child so I just kinda sucked it up.

True story: I did gymnastics at the YMCA. We were allowed to wear shorts over our leos if we wanted up until the week of a meet (to get us used to going without shorts). I totally got away with proper underwear under my leo that entire time. I only busted out the more...adult undergarments during meet week when the shorts had to come off. Granted I was in middle school so I had the options available.

Back