All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's a rebound. But the question is: does a rebound count as tumbling? And if that counts as a hoop, it doesn't matter what they do through it as it's an illegal prop. No props with solid supports. Thems the rules.

Yes, blah blah creative awesome and all that jazz. :p But if nobody cares about the rules, why do we bother to have them?
A rebound is not a tumbling skill. And it looks like the flyers were assisted when they got through the sign/hoop.
Where do you see the rule that no hoops are allowed?
No one said they didn't care about the rules. In fact I care a lot about rules - I just don't think the rules have been broken.

Since they're caught, how is it not considered a stunt? Or assisted tumbling? It's amazing but I'm curious about how it's legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A rebound is not a tumbling skill. And it looks like the flyers were assisted when they got through the sign/hoop.
Where do you see the rule that no hoops are allowed?
No one said they didn't care about the rules. In fact I care a lot about rules - I just don't think the rules have been broken.
  1. Flags, banners, signs, pom pons, megaphones and pieces of cloth are the only props allowed. Props with poles or similar support apparatus may not be used in conjunction with any kind of stunt or tumbling. All props must be safely discarded out of harm’s way (example: throwing a hard sign across the mat from a stunt would be illegal). Any uniform piece purposefully removed from the body and used for visual effect will be considered a prop once it is removed from the body.
Right there, no hoops. If it's qualified as a sign/flag, it can't have a solid support structure if it's used with any kind of stunt or tumbling. Rebounding to a catch? If it's qualified as a hoop, it's an illegal prop period. I don't want to seem like I'm harping, but if even coaches are curious, I'm not the only one who's a little confused.

I don't know if sunglasses would work either? 'Cause isn't that jewelry and it's certainly not cloth.

1. Flags, banners, signs, pom pons, megaphones and pieces of cloth are the only props allowed. Props with poles or similar support apparatus may not be used in conjunction with any kind of stunt or tumbling. All props must be safely discarded out of harm’s way (example: throwing a hard sign across the mat from a stunt would be illegal). Any uniform piece purposefully removed from the body and used for visual effect will be considered a prop once it is removed from the body.
Right there, no hoops. If it's qualified as a sign/flag, it can't have a solid support structure if it's used with any kind of stunt or tumbling. Rebounding to a catch? If it's qualified as a hoop, it's an illegal prop period. I don't want to seem like I'm harping, but if even coaches are curious, I'm not the only one who's a little confused.

I don't know if sunglasses would work either? 'Cause isn't that jewelry and it's certainly not cloth.
My guess is that it is not made with a pole or "similar support apparatus". I have seen toddler toys similar to that prop that are made of all soft materials. And you could consider it a flag in the shape of a circle instead of a hoop. I'm not saying it is legal or not since I have not inspected the prop. I will leave that up to the judges. I was commenting on your assumption that none of us care about the rules - I care.

I personally think F5 is violating the no jewelry rule with their new uniform, but I'll leave that to the judges to decide as well.

My guess is that it is not made with a pole or "similar support apparatus". I have seen toddler toys similar to that prop that are made of all soft materials. And you could consider it a flag in the shape of a circle instead of a hoop. I'm not saying it is legal or not since I have not inspected the prop. I will leave that up to the judges. I was commenting on your assumption that none of us care about the rules - I care.

I personally think F5 is violating the no jewelry rule with their new uniform, but I'll leave that to the judges to decide as well.

TG is playing in the grey area of the rules for sure. I'm hoping they have written approval from Les.

Back