All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The "NCA previews" aren't loading for me. It's not dire, but i would like to watch them. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THIS WEEKEND!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. I'm just now reading about the crossover debacle. I am sure I missed some things - but- my CP comes from a very small gym. We are in a growing year due to so many seniors graduating last year and our "elite" athletes still too young for a worlds team. My daughter is on restricted 5 and a senior 3. She is a legit level 5 athlete. Stunting and tumbling (she has a double but just turned 11- so we have another year at non world teams) Almost every single girl crossovers from those teams or to a junior 2. We are too small. We have too. That being said- my daughter wouldn't have it any other way. She loves being in the gym. The coaches make their practice nights the same. Don't get me wrong- competing against cheer extreme and their 3Elite may suck for us. [emoji38] I am still reading so maybe I missed it but pls don't hate our tiny gym (120 athletes including our prep teams!)

Its just so blah! Like the girls are going through the motions and theres no excitement.
It seems like only half are really into it- 'cause the choreo as a base is great. Lots of really awesome visual elements, transitions, etc.

But something about the energy every time they perform seems off- and it's not like they aren't hitting. Which is why it makes no sense. Weird team dynamic? Not sure- but I love them and it's a great routine. Something just feels wrong.

It seems like only half are really into it- 'cause the choreo as a base is great. Lots of really awesome visual elements, transitions, etc.

But something about the energy every time they perform seems off- and it's not like they aren't hitting. Which is why it makes no sense. Weird team dynamic? Not sure- but I love them and it's a great routine. Something just feels wrong.

I think their dance is a little too easy for their skill level and maybe that's why it seems low energy. I think the height that a lot of those girls get on their running tumbling is very impressive, and their flyers have great flexibilty. I like this team a lot - they remain my favorite CEA team this year.

For those that didn't get Dartfish...TGLC literally tumbling through hoops.

Uhhh....That's illegal:

C. Tumbling over, under, or through a stunt, individual, or prop, is not allowed.

That's tumbling straight through a prop, isn't it? Or wait, are they going to call that a rebound? Is rebounding technically tumbling, or are they going to argue it's choreography/jump?

9.Flags, banners, signs, pom pons, megaphones and pieces of cloth are the only props allowed. Props with poles or similar support apparatus may not be used in conjunction with any kind of stunt or tumbling. All props must be safely discarded out of harm’s way (example: throwing a hard sign across the mat from a stunt would be illegal). Any uniform piece purposefully removed from the body and used for visual effect will be considered a prop once it is removed from the body.

Is it a sign? Does the fact that it's a hoop with a solid pole frame make it a sign or support apparatus?

ETA: It's awesome. But it was the first thought that popped into my head. I'm going to assume it's not, because TG gets away with all sorts of things, but still.

Back