All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That last clip, it looks like the preps are bracing the girl who is in the handstand position who looks like she is being lifted. There is another top girl flying over, bracing herself on the handstand's feet. While it looks awesome, is that legal?

That last clip, it looks like the preps are bracing the girl who is in the handstand position who looks like she is being lifted. There is another top girl flying over, bracing herself on the handstand's feet. While it looks awesome, is that legal?

A couple of seasons ago another CEA team did it, I'm assuming it was legal then since it was competed at every competition video I saw of them. At 2:00

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

There's nothing in the rules that says a released braced flip can't go over another person.

I know each gym has their own way of doing things but I don't know why they would want to show everyone what they do each week at practice. If I were a coach I would want to get things as clean as possible before showing the public and opening the team up to criticism. But then again, I'm not a coach.

This isn't meant to be harsh towards CEA but I'm kinda over the spinning stunts that they like to do every year. Other then double ups, and maybe the ball up 360s they did last year.
I like the innovative stunts they put out every year. but to me, making every stunt you do spin just gets kinda old and boring to me.
The ball up 360s were impressive the first year they ever did it with Maddie but after a while you expected come worlds they will have the center flyer do it or this year with almost the full team doing it although SE is the only team that nails the stunt perfectly Im still so done with that stunt.

I mean, there are only so many stunts you can do. Either you're spinning too much or you're tick-tocking too much. Nothing is going to please everyone.
Or you're "boring"
I'm not a senior elite fan at all but I actually liked what I saw in that video, it didn't look like the same old stuff to me like their routines usually do. That inversion thing, attempting double ups... It's refreshing.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I know each gym has their own way of doing things but I don't know why they would want to show everyone what they do each week at practice. If I were a coach I would want to get things as clean as possible before showing the public and opening the team up to criticism. But then again, I'm not a coach.

I respectfully disagree. That's exactly what I expect to see during the summer preview videos. It makes it just that much more exciting when you see them at their initial showcases and then at all the heavy-hitting big comps in viewing how far they've come. I personally like seeing these teams that end up so well polished later in the season a little rough around the edges earlier on, reminds us that they did not get to where they do without an EXTREMELY hard work ethic and great coaching :)

Whether I am a giant fan of the program or not I have to tip my hat and give credit where it is due. She's kind of a genius with what she does here. You see that one stunt that struggles in the first video of the summer. Your first reaction is to critique and say "why the heck would you post that." Then the next video comes out and you realize that its still shaky but kind of hitting and you start to get impressed a little. By worlds she's got an arena full of fans singing every word to their music at the top of their lungs. Can't say I blame her. And let's be honest it's CEA they are going to stunt well, and with the division as full of rivalry as it is I doubt F5 is looking saying "okay how can I do that but harder." Each team has their own unique style and flare that I don't think they really have to worry about who is watching who. Just my two cents.

*As a side not I was just using F5 as a random exaple*

Last edited:
Whether I am a giant fan of the program or not I have to tip my hat and give credit where it is due. She's kind of a genius with what she does here. You see that one stunt that struggles in the first video of the summer. Your first reaction is to critique and say "why the heck would you post that." Then the next video comes out and you realize that its still shaky but kind of hitting and you start to get impressed a little. By worlds she's got an arena full of fans singing every word to their music at the top of their lungs. Can't say I blame her. And let's be honest it's CEA they are going to stunt well, and with the division as full of rivalry as it is I doubt F5 is looking saying "okay how can I do that but harder." Each team has their own unique style and flare that I don't think they really have to worry about who is watching who. Just my two cents.

*As a side not I was just using F5 as a random exaple*
Agreed with all of that. I think at that level, your competition could care less what you're doing so there's no harm in putting it out for the fans and building some momentum your kids will hear on the mat from the audience when they get there. No one is changing their style or routine to outdo each other in LAG. Besides, it not like they could...it would be a PR nightmare if LAG team 1 posted videos and LAG team 2 came out and copied them (and heaven forbid you didn't hit it...there's a vine to be revined for all time)... On principle I don't think a single coach in that division would do that...more likely they do the opposite and just dig into their own style harder. I bet there are teams that can do synchro ball up 360 tick rocks, but who would want to do a stunt that was so clearly trademarked by your competition....I'm guessing not a lot.

It's good though because it forces creativity so you come up with something else that's competitive but not the same.

If any of that post made sense at all....

Back