All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's. Erg interesting to see how internationally all star cheer attracts boys, it seems they come in with different perspective. Always look forward to seeing NZ uniforms at worlds :)
We do have some interesting ones ;) I'm grateful for the one we ended up with it still looks pretty clean on the floor as its mostly black.

Did any one else feel like we never saw any ending of tumbling passes so that the yearly PCM tumbling bash doesn't start?

probably... but if they were clean and safe why would you exclude them from the video? you'd want to show that off... which makes me believe they're still scary, death traps. :confused:

i love their stunting and their creativity, i just wish their tumbling would catch up or they got a new tumbling coach who took them all back to the basics of technique 101.

probably... but if they were clean and safe why would you exclude them from the video? you'd want to show that off... which makes me believe they're still scary, death traps. :confused:

i love their stunting and their creativity, i just wish their tumbling would catch up or they got a new tumbling coach who took them all back to the basics of technique 101.

Judging by the video, they probably aren't all that bad, but PCM tends to get criticized rather heavily for that, so they probably left it out just so people would focus on the positives.
I do agree that I wish the tumbling was on par with the stunting.. Those girls are some stunting beasts

Judging by the video, they probably aren't all that bad, but PCM tends to get criticized rather heavily for that, so they probably left it out just so people would focus on the positives.
I do agree that I wish the tumbling was on par with the stunting.. Those girls are some stunting beasts

a part of me hopes they cut out the landings in the vid just to pleasantly surprise me this season come first competition. some technique in the passes leading up to the landing you could tell would be wonderful and some you could tell wouldn't make it all the way around. i hope the latter is in the minority and either fully rotating/scaled back by competition season so they're hitting clean.

I have a question regarding the girl tumbling down the centre at 0:22. Have forward twisting elements always been legal? Why have I never seen them in routines?

Yes. It's not common, but I've definitely seen it lots. The first that comes to mind is last pass on Panthers the past two seasons, front handspring front full to double.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Yes. It's not common, but I've definitely seen it lots. The first that comes to mind is last pass on Panthers the past two seasons, front handspring front full to double.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Oh wow, really? I clearly need to pay more attention to running tumbling passes. I've seen videos of cheerleaders doing for fun, but never actually included it in routines and just always thought it was illegal. I suppose the blind landing makes it a lot more risky, but are they scored equally as backward twisting elements?

Oh wow, really? I clearly need to pay more attention to running tumbling passes. I've seen videos of cheerleaders doing for fun, but never actually included it in routines and just always thought it was illegal. I suppose the blind landing makes it a lot more risky, but are they scored equally as backward twisting elements?
They should be.

Cheer also doesn't emphasize forward tumbling as much as backward. Even on here, when we talk of tumbling progressions we never really mention front handsprings, aerial FWO, forward twisting, etc.

They should be.

Cheer also doesn't emphasize forward tumbling as much as backward. Even on here, when we talk of tumbling progressions we never really mention front handsprings, aerial FWO, forward twisting, etc.

Right, through observations I can tell that's mostly how it is in cheer. However, it's definitely refreshing to see some forward elements thrown into passes every now and then. Thank you for the clarification!

Back