All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am a parent of 2 athletes from Charlotte Allstar Cheerleading Main in Matthews, NC and have been for the past 11 years. Prior to last year, all the locations were owned under one company. This year these gyms have separated into 2 different owners with the "original" Charlotte Allstars Cheerleading still located in Matthews, North Carolina. CAC Main has one facility and is under the original ownership of Julie O'Brien and Kevin Brubaker. CAC Main is home of Teal Squad and Midnight who have placed in the top ten at Worlds many times, placing as high as 2nd place. Currently for the 2014-2015 season Teal Squad is a Sr Medium Coed level team of 30, with 22 girls and 8 boys, they are being coached by the CAC Program Director, Robert Burns (formally of Top Gun) and the original Charlotte Allstar Cheerleading founder, Kevin Brubaker. Their level 5 program is thriving and all of the CAC Main teams are growing daily. Actually looking at the Charlotte Cheersport Grand Championship results from last weekend, the entire CAC Main program is doing very well, including numerous 1st place finishes and an overall Level 3 Grand Champs from our Jr 3 team. The videos shown of Purple Heart and Black are teams that come from a different location, that as per the Cheersport schedule is now called Charlotte South, the other location is called Charlotte North, again per the Cheerspot schedule. Neither of these locations are a part of the "original" Charlotte Allstar Cheerleading Main in Matthews.

After speaking with the owners of CAC Main we all agree that the purpose of this thread was to show new strong cheerleading for the 2014-2015 season. The posting of these videos is hurtful to the athletes performing in them and should be removed from this site.
I won't even comment on your first paragraph :confused:
To respond to your second paragraph - this thread is titled 2014-2015 videos. It doesn't specify they have to be safe, level appropriate videos or of winning performances only. The athletes should be hurt by their coach and gym owners putting them in a dangerous situation. Don't compete if you don't want to be on videotape....

I don't blame the kids one iota. I'm sure they're very aware of what their skill level is and what they can/cannot hit. I'm sure they aspire to hit those harder skills, and I try to give everyone a grain of salt in November.

However, many of the people on the boards/who have commented thus far are not new to this world. We're pretty much all old hands, and it's easy to tell when teams have an off day versus a team who is clearly not in the right skill level. For coaches to willingly put their athletes at risk not only of injury, but setting them up to fail as well does a great disservice to those kids who want to do well and be proud of their routine. Non-level tumbling, shaking in the basic stunts, etc. - these are hallmarks of a team not ready for what they're being pushed to throw.

I always admire the Georgia high schools talent levels but not the choreography. I like to see high school style routines for school teams. Just awkward in my opinion

Diamonds are looking good!

I can't remember if their music has been released or not, but I hope those words are some of the VOs in their music!! I will say they lied on the video, I have not missed anything from Diamonds. I love them every year and I hope they're as amazing I think they'll be!!

Back