All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For the record: Carly's basket (at least by the end of the season), was a switch kick full kick full. As opposed to a kick full kick full (which is what Ody is doing).

The ONLY reason I know this: Elaine talked about being in favor of limiting basket skills to 4 tricks during the summer coaches meetings. Carly's basket might soon be illegal as it's 5 (I believe only CA and TG have currently competed a 5 trick basket, and even then it was a singular specialty, not a team thing).

ETA: If Gabie wants to fill in and there's a spot, why deny her that opportunity? Just because people outside the gym like her? That's the most nonsensical thing I've ever heard. It's legal, and for all we blather about knowing anything we DON'T know the injured athlete, what is injured about her, and how long that will last. For the time being, a talented athlete has a home on a team she loves. Let's all just appreciate that.

regarding wildcats and odyssey's specialty baskets: i haven't flown in a basket or anything more advanced than a prep in a good decade and i was never doing kick double baskets so i do not speak from experience but i have heard from a few kids i know and have seen occasional posts on social media about the level 5 specialty baskets being easier for the flyers than kick doubles. does anyone agree/disagree and want to share why?

i'm just curious. when executed properly they look more impressive to me and if they score the same/better (with overall impression) and the flyer feels they're easier to hit, i hope more gyms follow suit and try to add more creativity into their baskets.

I'm not exactly sure what specialty baskets you're referring too, but my cp picked up kick kick double in a matter of minutes, but can't do a kick full kick full after trying it out occasionally with coaches as bases. I mean, the concept of spinning once is hard, when you're used to two, but you have to stall and then spin again. So that would take, IMHO, a significantly greater amount of body control.

I was referring to the person to the right of the camera you can see in the frame.

The person with the blocks does not remotely look like a dad.
You never know from the back. They never turned around. As a teacher for 20 years I've been surprised when meeting parents

For the record: Carly's basket (at least by the end of the season), was a switch kick full kick full. As opposed to a kick full kick full (which is what Ody is doing).

The ONLY reason I know this: Elaine talked about being in favor of limiting basket skills to 4 tricks during the summer coaches meetings. Carly's basket might soon be illegal as it's 5 (I believe only CA and TG have currently competed a 5 trick basket, and even then it was a singular specialty, not a team thing).

Cant forget Miami Elite in 2005 with oscar doing a kick kick full kick full :)

Few comment's on the Gabie situation. It was never a secret Gabie wanted to Super Senior. I don't know if people even know this but Gabie is smart. She's as serious a student as she is a college cheerleader. Due to schedule's she wasn't able to commit to the time commitment this team requires. We have a hurt athlete who fly's and bases. She graciously agreed to help us out until this athlete is well again. We appreciate her willingness to jump in and essentially rescue us.
It's a shame that she couldn't find the time commitment to super senior for a full year, she is a wonderful asset to SE. But if she couldn't commit fully whilst still being a dedicated student and a college cheerleader, then not doing SE was a good decision.
I do feel that athletes coming back mid-season, and essentially taking a place from someone who tried out like everyone else, is quite unfair. But this doesn't seem to apply in this situation (just on some other high-profile teams, but I'll zip my mouth about that...), so good on her for helping out for a while!

Few comment's on the Gabie situation. It was never a secret Gabie wanted to Super Senior. I don't know if people even know this but Gabie is smart. She's as serious a student as she is a college cheerleader. Due to schedule's she wasn't able to commit to the time commitment this team requires. We have a hurt athlete who fly's and bases. She graciously agreed to help us out until this athlete is well again. We appreciate her willingness to jump in and essentially rescue us.

It's no secret I love Gabie, so, personally I'm happy to have her back.........even if it's just a month or so!

I mean she's at UNC...the intelligence was kind of implied ;). Glad she's (temporarily) back!

Woodlands Generals look great!!! Minus the couple mishaps that tumbling is insane...

As for NJSE do they have a medium senior team this year?

Last pass on ody Def full punch 1 1/2 is this still illegal did they get deducted for it can someone catch me up too speed

Back