All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think the excessive use of voice overs is an attempt to overcome the copyright laws that have recently become an issue in cheer music. It's also led to use of up-and-coming artists, such as Rachel Platten in SE. While I don't really like the VO's, I'm glad the cheerleading industry can help smaller artists reach wider audiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This! I think JR was hampered by the lawsuit. In light of all of that, I think he was able to do an admirable job with what he had left. I am interested in seeing how this effect music and the cheer world going forward.

I've been out of the loop for a while, but this would have been my first guess.
I didn't hear about any lawsuit, but I do remember talking about this in a thread a couple of years ago. I was afraid that was going to happen eventually bc cheer was getting so big and I knew it was illegal unless they (the music producers) paid for the use of the songs they used in mixes.

I've been out of the loop for a while, but this would have been my first guess.
I didn't hear about any lawsuit, but I do remember talking about this in a thread a couple of years ago. I was afraid that was going to happen eventually bc cheer was getting so big and I knew it was illegal unless they (the music producers) paid for the use of the songs they used in mixes.

I know this is the video thread, and not the music thread, but I found this:

Sony Sues Over Cheerleading Competition Music Mixes - Law360

JR is a humble, nice guy, I really hate this forhim and for us!

I think the excessive use of voice overs is an attempt to overcome the copyright laws that have recently become an issue in cheer music. It's also led to use of up-and-coming artists, such as Rachel Platten in SE. While I don't really like the VO's, I'm glad the cheerleading industry can help smaller artists reach wider audiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes more sense now, i wasn't aware that cheer had been affected by the copyright laws. I love Fight Song and hope I get obsessed with some more of the smaller artists. I do still wish i could understand more of the voiceovers though :)

I'm generally underwhelmed by this seasons music. I'm usually rushing to download for my workout playlist, but there's just not any mix out there I'm dying to add. I think I keep waiting for the updates to change them into some of the amazing ness we've seen before.

As of now, I'm not in danger of accidentally singing "W-I-L-D-catsssssss" or "ms. Hunnay" from any current music on the planet fitness treadmill and that's sortof my litmus test. I mean honestly... The custom grooves 8 count man has currently defined 14-15 for me. Not sure what that says....
I honestly don't know if there is another mix that I have heard yet that I love more than the Kyle Blitch mix, haven't heard any music that has just done it for me yet!!!????? I Pray that there are a couple.....:fro:

Back