All-Star 2015-2016 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

her mother and sister's post on Facebook. Her mother posted a picture of her in a stingrays uniform stating that she was returning home with different stingrays fruit emoji's and her sister stated she was on orange. Also Angel has been retweeting and favoriting lots Orange Tweets on Twitter all day since the calls started going.
Sounds to me like she's just a regular teenage girl who misses her family; sometimes we forget how young she is. We may never understand her decision to move to Cali and now back to Georgia, but we don't have to. I'm excited just to hear she's still cheering, so no speculations from me.

Maybe it's just me but I hate the direction all star cheer is heading in. More and more kids don't think twice about moving across the country to go tryout at the big name gyms. First of all if they are still in high school I don't get how a parent can allow that. Second of all whatever happened to being proud of your own gym and utilizing your talents there.

Sounds to me like she's just a regular teenage girl who misses her family; sometimes we forget how young she is. We may never understand her decision to move to Cali and now back to Georgia, but we don't have to. I'm excited just to hear she's still cheering, so no speculations from me.

Kids move halfway across the country for college just to transfer back home the next year all the time. I really don't see the problem with people doing that for cheer, though I understand where people are coming from.

Maybe it's just me but I hate the direction all star cheer is heading in. More and more kids don't think twice about moving across the country to go tryout at the big name gyms. First of all if they are still in high school I don't get how a parent can allow that. Second of all whatever happened to being proud of your own gym and utilizing your talents there.
I see both sides. It is not unique to cheer. Kids move and/or live with host families to play sports or switch schools to play for a higher division/better program all the time. There is so much money and time and heart put in to cheer and there is nothing wrong with wanting the best experience possible (not just talking about winning). It does make it harder for the average gym to compete with the mega gym, and that is frustrating - there were several athletes from our area alone who competed at Worlds with the mega gyms. I wouldn't allow my kids to do it while they were in high school, but I have no problem with anyone moving to cheer elsewhere and get the best experience possible for themselves.

Agree. My daughter has always been happy at her small gym and would never cheer anywhere else! She knows a Worlds trophy is awesome in the moment but will not get u anywhere in life.

True, but it is still a minority. Its definitely not a majority of athletes. Unless I'm missing that a lot of level 2/3 athletes are flying across country to cheer?

There was a discussion about their size last season. People were hoping or thought they would make large coed and small coed. But of course it was just tglc. So I guess they made a lot of cuts.
There are a ton of people who tryout every year in person and over video. What they do is take as many of the better athletes as they can (in this case 60) and let them weed themselves out for several reasons (money, parents said no, etc.). Then by the time all the fly-ins that didn't have to leave the team come down, we only have about 40 or so kids.

For some it is easier to let the kid go than others. It truly depends on the maturity of the kid and experience they are looking for.

Kids can definitely be proud of the gym(s) they may have started at but what happens when the athlete outgrows a program, such no suitable level teams, or maybe it is just no longer a fit for them? Either way the kid will be moving on so why not explore all the options available?

**Wingardium Leviosa...Susies tryout mantra**

There are a ton of people who tryout every year in person and over video. What they do is take as many of the better athletes as they can (in this case 60) and let them weed themselves out for several reasons (money, parents said no, etc.). Then by the time all the fly-ins that didn't have to leave the team come down, we only have about 40 or so kids.
This is exactly what happened. My friend tried out last year and made lady jags but her mom wouldn't let her move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but it is still a minority. Its definitely not a majority of athletes. Unless I'm missing that a lot of level 2/3 athletes are flying across country to cheer?

YES!

I think the accessibility of athletes on social media and familiarity with the details of their lives leads people to think that ALL these kids are flying in to other gyms.

It's literally the 1% of Worlds team kids doing it.

Our Senior 2 and Senior 4 are both Large teams this year! :cloud9: Restricted 5 is also getting very full so we may be doing a J5 as we keep getting kids.
I would be SO excited to see a J5 from you guys! Not that I'm going to be at comps :(

Back