High School 2016-17 High School New Uniforms/ Trends

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The girls have been told that they aren't getting new uniforms this year. They will have to get a special liner since one of the new shells from last year has a scoop neck. They had a v-neck midriff and it really didn't go under it.

My cp will be a junior next year and should end up getting a new uniform for her senior year.
For some reason I thought your daughter was in middle school or just out of it. New uniforms as a senior will be exciting. I remember getting a new uniform my senior year. The best part is that since I was one of the captains, we got to have input on which one we got. Funny how silly stuff like that is a memory but yet I have no clue what I ate for lunch today without serious thought!

For some reason I thought your daughter was in middle school or just out of it. New uniforms as a senior will be exciting. I remember getting a new uniform my senior year. The best part is that since I was one of the captains, we got to have input on which one we got. Funny how silly stuff like that is a memory but yet I have no clue what I ate for lunch today without serious thought!
My youngest (twins) are current sophomores. My cp is one of them. She was in 8th grade when I first started posting here. And, she was in true middle school hell.

I also have an ex-cp who will be graduating in a few short weeks. She was sick of the drama and would have been so frustrated by the pettiness this past cheer year.

Our school colors are red and grey. We have uniforms in each of those plus a white one. We are overdue for a new red uniform. So, that will be the new one next year.

Era: by next year, I am jumping ahead a full calendar year.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a GK or Under Armour catalog they are done with and wouldn't mind sharing
One of my favorite Illinois High School Uni's this year (Although I have too many to count)
12771921_10100118070554056_4352256824609181881_o.jpg
I love this!!!!!!!! I'm looking at the GK website however, and I'm not seeing anything similar... are all of GK's uni's on the website?

Does anyone have a GK or Under Armour catalog they are done with and wouldn't mind sharing

I love this!!!!!!!! I'm looking at the GK website however, and I'm not seeing anything similar... are all of GK's uni's on the website?
I threw mine out last month or I'd ship it to you, but if you contact the company directly they will send you one. Back when I first went to get one many many years ago, I had to go through proof that I was a coach in order to get it (I thought that was odd, but I get it.) Not sure if they still do this or not.

You can get a catalog from the website. Also, this uniform is not in their catalog as it is a custom.

You can get a catalog from the website. Also, this uniform is not in their catalog as it is a custom.

Ah! Explains it! I really LOVE the clean look of this uniform but when I look on GK's website the non-custom uniforms are VERY all star (which wouldn't work at our high school). I'm going to try to see if I can get the school to purchase the catalog (they don't like to spend money on catalogs and things.... lol)

I threw mine out last month or I'd ship it to you, but if you contact the company directly they will send you one. Back when I first went to get one many many years ago, I had to go through proof that I was a coach in order to get it (I thought that was odd, but I get it.) Not sure if they still do this or not.

Thanks for the tip! I'll try calling first before I go to the school and ask them to buy one :)

Thanks for the tip! I'll try calling first before I go to the school and ask them to buy one :)
Oh I didn't have to buy it, just prove that I was an actual coach. I'm not sure, maybe they had issues with people that had no power or intentions of ever buying uniforms requesting catalogs. They can't be cheap to print, so I imagine they just wanted to make sure I wasn't a parent or cheerleader that just wanted to look at it. Once you get one, you'll start getting them annually automatically.

Ah! Explains it! I really LOVE the clean look of this uniform but when I look on GK's website the non-custom uniforms are VERY all star (which wouldn't work at our high school). I'm going to try to see if I can get the school to purchase the catalog (they don't like to spend money on catalogs and things.... lol)

My school got a custom GK uniform as well, and although it was custom it was MUCH cheaper than the other company we were working with. Where are you located? If you contact a rep they can help come up with designs!

My school got a custom GK uniform as well, and although it was custom it was MUCH cheaper than the other company we were working with. Where are you located? If you contact a rep they can help come up with designs!
I'm in southern California :)

newbie cheer mom here- When I was in high school in the late 80's in SoCal each of our cheerleading squads had different uniforms from each other and they all got new uniforms every single year. They also had their names embroidered on the sweaters and their year of graduation on the skirts. Every school in the area did it the same way. As far as I can tell, my daughters future HS (in SoCal) has had the exact same uniforms for all of the squads and they haven't changed the style at all for going on 9 years. (no personalization, so they can be passed on) When did everything change?

newbie cheer mom here- When I was in high school in the late 80's in SoCal each of our cheerleading squads had different uniforms from each other and they all got new uniforms every single year. They also had their names embroidered on the sweaters and their year of graduation on the skirts. Every school in the area did it the same way. As far as I can tell, my daughters future HS (in SoCal) has had the exact same uniforms for all of the squads and they haven't changed the style at all for going on 9 years. (no personalization, so they can be passed on) When did everything change?
I guess because uniforms these days are expensive or would be if they got them new every year plus for each team. But wow the same uniform for 9 seasons. Perhaps a new change.

I guess because uniforms these days are expensive or would be if they got them new every year plus for each team. But wow the same uniform for 9 seasons. Perhaps a new change.

Oh I know the reason they give is cost, but I'm wondering about the timing, when did the old standard for HS's (if that's what it was) change?

Back