All-Star 2016-2017 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The top 3 rule is ridiculous. It's like making gymnastics like this-
Top 3 places have to go to a different country.
Simone Biles and Gabby Douglas take places 1 and 2 for the all- around. But, because they both represent the US, only Simone gets the gold medal. The silver medal then goes to the next highest athlete from a different country. Fair? No.
But they have a top 3 rule to get into finals like cheer. Not placings, cheer or gymnastics don't have a rule for that.

Those in favor of using address instead of scores to determine finalists, do you think that NCA Nationals should do the same thing for states? Should they limit the number of Texas teams making finals because other teams have to travel further? Do you think that "disadvantaged" states need to be nurtured by artificially making their final rankings higher? If not, why is Worlds different? After all, cheer isn't as developed in Montana as it is in Texas.

The biggest difference between teams attending NCA and teams attending worlds: US teams all have the same age-grid year round (including worlds), they have (almost) the same rules (including worlds). Our age grids are different from those at worlds, our rules are (depending on which cheer association you belong to) different to those from worldsl, even the competition floor size is different. Except for very few people, cheer over here is not a business. It is run rec-style (coaches paid very little if anything, qualifying comps and the official nationals have comp fees that you guys would laugh about, etc.).
When one of your teams has a bad day/weekend at a bid comp it's not that big of a deal because there is another opportunity next week. We have exactly one bid comp over here. You have someone hurt the day before? Well, there goes your bid, because crossovers are not a thing in Germany. Getting your jitters out before worlds at a comp that is at least somewhat compareable? You're out of luck because the only comp you could do that at is the bid comp in May/June. Having athletes that safely progressed through all levels to be true level 5/6 athletes? Dream on, right now we don't even have all levels.

For those saying that athletes from teams that "don't do well" at worlds should not go there until they could hang with the big dogs: you do realize that those teams must have gotten their bid somewhere, right? And in order to get that bid they must have been the best at that specific competition, right? Every single team that is at worlds earned their right to be there. Just because it is not up to your personal standard does not mean that they shouldn't compete there.

And just because I'm in favor of keeping the three per country rule does not mean that I'm not heartbroken seeing OO5 not make finals, or that I am against expanding the rule (for example take top 10 scores + top 3 of each country).

The biggest difference between teams attending NCA and teams attending worlds: US teams all have the same age-grid year round (including worlds), they have (almost) the same rules (including worlds). Our age grids are different from those at worlds, our rules are (depending on which cheer association you belong to) different to those from worldsl, even the competition floor size is different. Except for very few people, cheer over here is not a business. It is run rec-style (coaches paid very little if anything, qualifying comps and the official nationals have comp fees that you guys would laugh about, etc.).
When one of your teams has a bad day/weekend at a bid comp it's not that big of a deal because there is another opportunity next week. We have exactly one bid comp over here. You have someone hurt the day before? Well, there goes your bid, because crossovers are not a thing in Germany. Getting your jitters out before worlds at a comp that is at least somewhat compareable? You're out of luck because the only comp you could do that at is the bid comp in May/June. Having athletes that safely progressed through all levels to be true level 5/6 athletes? Dream on, right now we don't even have all levels.

For those saying that athletes from teams that "don't do well" at worlds should not go there until they could hang with the big dogs: you do realize that those teams must have gotten their bid somewhere, right? And in order to get that bid they must have been the best at that specific competition, right? Every single team that is at worlds earned their right to be there. Just because it is not up to your personal standard does not mean that they shouldn't compete there.

And just because I'm in favor of keeping the three per country rule does not mean that I'm not heartbroken seeing OO5 not make finals, or that I am against expanding the rule (for example take top 10 scores + top 3 of each country).

For the record, I was responding to another person who stated that some teams weren't "Worlds-ready". I have no issue with anyone attending Worlds. I think the qualification system is deeply flawed and should be tossed. My issue is with those teams getting an automatic pass into finals over teams scoring twice as high as them.

The system has actually worked in our favor more often than not, eliminating teams that could have potentially outscored us in finals. However, it is deeply unfair.

I've been saying this for years. You add 7 teams at the most. It doesn't impact the schedule in a huge way and makes it so the best teams are in finals. Why something that makes so much sense can't be done is beyond me. Ohwait....:confused:

And to add not having spring floors. we dont here in sweden. there is a differene competing and training on hard non-sprung floors and then coming to the us for worlds and having to compete on spring floors. sure most teams get to practise on spring floors a few times while in the us but still. its not like theUS teams that practise year round on spring floors.

I kinda do agree wit all of you about that it is somewhat unfair that only three teams get in to finals but i still want that rule in place. or change it to the fact that top ten makes it an ATLEAST one from each country but a maximum of ten. or something similar to that. (i am a huge oo5 fan so ofourse i dont like the rule about three per country but i still dont hate it.)

Cheer Fusion 2016-2017 teams

Tiny Teal - Tiny 1
Mini Bling - Mini 1
Glimmer - Youth 1
Diamonds - Senior 1
Mini Gems - Mini 2
Jade - Large Junior 2
Teal Crush - Large Senior 4.2
Glam - Junior 3
Royalty - Youth 3
Fierce 4 - Youth 4
Dream Team - Senior Coed 4
Prodigy - Senior Coed Restricted 5
Tiny Hip Hop
Mini Hip Hop
Youth Hip Hop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I loved watching your teams this year and the friends we had on them. Such creative and clean performances!

Rumored ICE Aurora teams:

Small tiny 1
Small mini 1
Small youth 3
Small junior 2
Large junior 3
Small junior 4
Large junior 4
Large junior 5
Small senior 2
Large senior 3
Small senior 4
Large senior 4
Small senior 5
Small senior coed 5
Large senior coed 5

Teams have been FINALIZED and phone calls are being made congratulating the remaining athletes who have yet to find out their team placements!

Rumored ICE Aurora teams:

Small tiny 1- Tiny Tornados
Small mini 1- Frostbites
Small youth 3- Sunshine Girls
Small junior 2- Twisters
Large junior 3- Wild Windz
Large junior 4- Super Freeze
Large junior 5- Frost
Small senior 2- Riptide
Large senior 3- Cyclones
Large senior Coed 4- Velocity
Large senior 4- Halo
Small senior 5- Lady Lightning
Small senior coed 5- Thunder
Large senior coed 5- ?? TBD??

Last edited:
The top 3 rule is ridiculous. It's like making gymnastics like this-
Top 3 places have to go to a different country.
Simone Biles and Gabby Douglas take places 1 and 2 for the all- around. But, because they both represent the US, only Simone gets the gold medal. The silver medal then goes to the next highest athlete from a different country. Fair? No.
That's awful. So not fair.

Cheer Extreme Waldorf:

Mini 1
Lg Y1
Lg Y2
Sm Y3
Sm Jr1
Lg Sr3
Sm Sr4
Sm R5
Shade
IOC