Small Senior 3- Fierce Boas
Small Junior 4- Boomslang 4
XSmall Senior 4- Coral 4
Small Senior 4- Diamondbacks
Small Junior 5R- Junior Cobras
Medium Senior 5- Medusa
Large IOC 5- Anacondas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can't get me head around why a gym of that size would field an XS team in any division.
Why not just go large or is this just another way to try and get more first places and Summit bids? I also see there isn't a SR2 team.
Not to sound snarky but that makes zero sense.

I can't get me head around why a gym of that size would field an XS team in any division.
Why not just go large or is this just another way to try and get more first places and Summit bids? I also see there isn't a SR2 team.
Both X small teams are out of our Austin location.

OK that makes a little more sense.

Yes and we only have 3 crossovers total, we didn't want to fill those teams for the sake of filling them. We also go to almost all large comps and both locations will go to everything together. They don't guarantee that the teams won't compete against each other but since we go to mostly large comps xsmall and small will likely always be separated.

Also we only had 1 kid this year try out that was level 2 Senior aged.

I was talking with my brother (another cheer coach) about this and I think it's pretty smart.... instead of filling a large team to capacity, you could create two teams instead. This allows for room to grow if new athletes come in over the summer (then bumping them up to small and large instead of xs and s), one could be a "newer" to level X team and the other a more advanced or the exact opposite - you could spread out the talent or non-tumblers, etc... and there is the potential for more first place wins.

I know that isn't Stars Vipers strategy per say, but it could be an option for a different gym.

DBGR0cKUAAAhxq-

Yes and we only have 3 crossovers total, we didn't want to fill those teams for the sake of filling them. We also go to almost all large comps and both locations will go to everything together. They don't guarantee that the teams won't compete against each other but since we go to mostly large comps xsmall and small will likely always be separated.

Also we only had 1 kid this year try out that was level 2 Senior aged.

Is small and xsmall division common out there? Or is this new for this season?? I have never seen a split like that before over here on the east coast lol we usually just see small and large split.

Is small and xsmall division common out there? Or is this new for this season?? I have never seen a split like that before over here on the east coast lol we usually just see small and large split.
It is new for this coming season.

Latest posts

Back