All-Star A Discussion About Tiny Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our old gym had an exhibition only tiny team and for my daughter it was the perfect intro into cheerleading. They had great coaches, that she still keeps in touch with, and no competition. So she was able to be as cute and as crazy as a 4 year old (who was 3 for the season per the cut off!) is and was ready for competition the following year. There is NOTHING wrong with not competing at that age. She is in her 7th season and that "fun" start and slowly moving up has made it still an enjoyable experience for her.

Last year my daughter was on an exhibition mini team and I absolutely loved it. They did not travel as much as the other teams, but they were still treated like any other team in the gym

In previous years we had a tiny team that competed. Those girls are now on our youth 2 and junior 3 teams. After that we've sporadically had an exhibition tiny team. This year we are hoping for them to compete. We have about 13 of them that all have crazy personalities. 5 of them come to tumbling at our beginner level 1 class and they are separated from the rest of the class. We use a spring panel strip and work forward rolls, bridges, backbends, kick overs, handstands, and punches. They do pretty well with it but certainly cannot handle the real class yet.

Our gym has exhibition only tiny teams, which I completely support. The thought is that 3 and 4 year olds don't need to spend a lot of time at the gym (1 hour a week) and don't need the stress of being better. The head coaches are early education teachers who understand the social, mental, and physical needs of little ones. A successful exhibition in their eyes is one where no one cries on stage :D

Our gym has exhibition only tiny teams, which I completely support. The thought is that 3 and 4 year olds don't need to spend a lot of time at the gym (1 hour a week) and don't need the stress of being better. The head coaches are early education teachers who understand the social, mental, and physical needs of little ones. A successful exhibition in their eyes is one where no one cries on stage :D
Hahahaha this! A successful exhibition for us is one where everyone makes it to the stage. Really great if everyone performs facing the correct direction

Maybe she means they turned 6 after the date ? Lol or so we hope!!!
Yes that is what I meant. We had a really old Tiny team last year, almost all of them turned six during the season, every time you turned around it was someone's birthday. Then like I said, in turn we have a very young Mini team this year and no Tinys.

Hahahaha this! A successful exhibition for us is one where everyone makes it to the stage. Really great if everyone performs facing the correct direction
My daughter did a mini exhibition team last year ages ranged from 3 to 8 (my daughter was 5)with extreme variations in talent. It was the first time this gym had ever attempted a mini team. We said if no one cries, pees their pants or runs off stage it was a success.
Turns out the little ones really nailed it. Surprised EVERYONE and they did really well we were very proud of them.
My daughter is on a youth team this year but the gym is doing another mini that is actually going to compete at two competitions on level 1. Looking forward to seeing them.

Back