All-Star Ace Expanding To New Jersey??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I never said that these teams were bad! not in the slightest, i cheered at small gyms in south jersey that continually folded under the pressure of not having that top notch level 5 team. these teams are amazing and truly kick booty, but what about the other hundred small gyms that just open and close at the drop of a dime? and i meant truly competitive, as in consistently getting at least top 10 at worlds. when i think of the power houses of cheer i think WC, CEA, Twisters, CA, Cali, etc. most states heavy in cheer have multiple household name gyms. I guess i came off wrong in saying they weren't consistent in having competitive level 5 teams. but we don't have many names and world champions like Texas, or California. i was referring to forcing out the random gyms that pop up with unqualified coaches, or consistently stay at one team or three. i get they're working with what they have, but don't many complain about how every 5 feet there's another random all star gym in NJ? many of you don't leave in jersey, and don't see this at our competitions. but honestly, it's tiring and difficult for teams that have been around for longer to stay open, when 3 more gyms with one team just open up down the street. it's becoming a bit ridiculous. the industry is competitive in every state, but in NJ, and specifically in my area, there's way too many small gyms with sporadic talent, rather than a powerhouse gym like WC pooling that talent from that area. it's business basically.
I don't think it's fair to compare the number of gyms in NJ to Texas or California. It takes a little over 3 hours to drive across NJ, and 12 to drive across Texas. I would hope there would be more gyms in Texas or California, considering they are about 10x the size of NJ.

What's wrong with a lot of small gyms? I would kill for more gyms in my area to chose from.

I don't think it's fair to compare the number of gyms in NJ to Texas or California. It takes a little over 3 hours to drive across NJ, and 12 to drive across Texas. I would hope there would be more gyms in Texas or California, considering they are about 10x the size of NJ.

What's wrong with a lot of small gyms? I would kill for more gyms in my area to chose from.

other options to choose from is always great, but the athletes in south jersey are spread pretty thin throughout these teams. and while nj is small, we have a ridiculous amount of teams, even compared to larger states. so I'm just saying a little less small gyms and a couple more or even one more big one would be better, in my opinion

Although my gym may not have an extremely strong level 5 program this year, we're still building it. It has to start somewhere. Every gym had to start somewhere. I would say that my gym is especially strong in our Level 4 and Level 2 teams, does that make us any less of a gym than a gym that has a strong level 5 team? No, I wouldn't say that. We're continuously expanding ever year, and we have 9 teams this year, the most we've ever had. So don't knock the small gyms of South Jersey and say that they can't handle and hold their own against big name gyms.

I would really love a big gym expansion in south eastern PA. We have a lot of level 5 talent here, but it's difficult to field a team because all the level 5 ranked athletes are driving to NJ/MD because those are the closest gyms with thriving level 5's. I think it'd be good for a statement big gym with a good level 5 reputation to come to this area, so these athletes have the chance to compete at level 5, and possibly go to worlds, without the 1-3 hour drive each way.

And this is just my personal opinion. I do not expect anyone to agree with me.

I never said that these teams were bad! not in the slightest, i cheered at small gyms in south jersey that continually folded under the pressure of not having that top notch level 5 team. these teams are amazing and truly kick booty, but what about the other hundred small gyms that just open and close at the drop of a dime? and i meant truly competitive, as in consistently getting at least top 10 at worlds. when i think of the power houses of cheer i think WC, CEA, Twisters, CA, Cali, etc. most states heavy in cheer have multiple household name gyms. I guess i came off wrong in saying they weren't consistent in having competitive level 5 teams. but we don't have many names and world champions like Texas, or California. i was referring to forcing out the random gyms that pop up with unqualified coaches, or consistently stay at one team or three. i get they're working with what they have, but don't many complain about how every 5 feet there's another random all star gym in NJ? many of you don't leave in jersey, and don't see this at our competitions. but honestly, it's tiring and difficult for teams that have been around for longer to stay open, when 3 more gyms with one team just open up down the street. it's becoming a bit ridiculous. the industry is competitive in every state, but in NJ, and specifically in my area, there's way too many small gyms with sporadic talent, rather than a powerhouse gym like WC pooling that talent from that area. it's business basically.

I am going to have to disagree with you, especially based off of your concept of "success." I know you're not the only one who shares this opinion, but I get fairly annoyed at the idea of judging success of a gyms level five program, or program as a whole, based off of Worlds placements. For many, just getting a team there is the success. For others winning a local national, or placing top five at a bigger one is an accomplishment. Worlds is not the end all, be all, of cheerleading. Look at small coed. There were 60+ teams, only 10 of those made it to finals. Does this mean we say 50 or more level five programs were unsuccessful? No. The success of the gym is based upon what that gym values as success, not what we deem important like worlds placements. Also the U.S. will never be owned by only big names such as CEA, TG, WC, CA, and Cali. So without those small gyms we don't have a sport. We're the largest gym here in VA and we still lose kids, and lose competitions to smaller programs. I think the general public glamorizes the Big Name concept. They struggle with many of the same issues. The only difference being, losing ten kids doesn't devastate their program. Last bit of a rant here. I find it awfully rude to wish for a big gym to come in and put the smaller gyms out of business. Whether you or the public views that gym as successful, it was someones dream, or goal to see that gym to come into existence, and I think it's a bit cold hearted to hope for these gyms to be brought to an end, simply to pool talent to one main program. Sorry rant over...this just got me going a little bit.

i'm not getting mad or annoyed at your responses, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. i'm just saying that i guess the point i'm trying to make is not getting across very well, i'm much better at debating verbally than through text. i never meant to offend or put down small gyms, i myself and my family am at a small gym. i was just saying from a completely unbiased stand point. thank you for your responses to my post, but i'm just going to say its still my opinion and i don;t feel as if i was being rude. much worse things have been said on this board.

Can I just add that just because a gym carry a certain name it do not automatically make them a powerhouse. I for one like to see small gyms grow and do well. I dont want to see a gym in 20 different states with multiple teams competing against each other. That statement is not a knock on anyone just an opinion.

I am going to have to disagree with you, especially based off of your concept of "success." I know you're not the only one who shares this opinion, but I get fairly annoyed at the idea of judging success of a gyms level five program, or program as a whole, based off of Worlds placements. For many, just getting a team there is the success. For others winning a local national, or placing top five at a bigger one is an accomplishment. Worlds is not the end all, be all, of cheerleading. Look at small coed. There were 60+ teams, only 10 of those made it to finals. Does this mean we say 50 or more level five programs were unsuccessful? No. The success of the gym is based upon what that gym values as success, not what we deem important like worlds placements. Also the U.S. will never be owned by only big names such as CEA, TG, WC, CA, and Cali. So without those small gyms we don't have a sport. We're the largest gym here in VA and we still lose kids, and lose competitions to smaller programs. I think the general public glamorizes the Big Name concept. They struggle with many of the same issues. The only difference being, losing ten kids doesn't devastate their program. Last bit of a rant here. I find it awfully rude to wish for a big gym to come in and put the smaller gyms out of business. Whether you or the public views that gym as successful, it was someones dream, or goal to see that gym to come into existence, and I think it's a bit cold hearted to hope for these gyms to be brought to an end, simply to pool talent to one main program. Sorry rant over...this just got me going a little bit.

GIRLLLLL YOU TOOK ME TO CHURCH.. I FEEEL THW HOLY CHEER SPIRITS IN ME!!!! halleluyeerrr

Mhmmm. so basically what Im getting from what lovexyoux234 is that Ace should open up a gym in New Jersey, put all the small gyms out of business, and make a power house gym....kinda like they did with the other 7 gyms.....oh wait. :rolleyes:

Although my gym may not have an extremely strong level 5 program this year, we're still building it. It has to start somewhere. Every gym had to start somewhere. I would say that my gym is especially strong in our Level 4 and Level 2 teams, does that make us any less of a gym than a gym that has a strong level 5 team? No, I wouldn't say that. We're continuously expanding ever year, and we have 9 teams this year, the most we've ever had. So don't knock the small gyms of South Jersey and say that they can't handle and hold their own against big name gyms.
I'd just like to say Jersey all stars is a fantastic program! Their teams always catch my eye no matter what level :)

i am so envious of jersey all stars, they are definitely a top dog team of NJ. i can't tell you how many times i saw Jersey on a competition schedule and i was like "shoot." NJSE, Storm, Jersey, CJA, Jersey Pride, All Star one and a lot of other gyms are honestly some of the best gyms i've ever seen. i dont want ace to come to jersey and shut down all the small gyms! no way, my gym is a small gym! i'm saying in like the perfect world and the perfect industry, it would be nice to not have a hundred thousand little gyms that don't have much potential to keep going, i do know that all the big names started off as nothing. but for every 1 gym that actually moves forward, keeps expanding and makes a name for themselves, there's 7 more gyms that open up and just can't stay open because it's just spread too thin.

Playing Devil's Advocate here:

I can see, to a point, what they're talking about. In the sense that when you have a small area with a TON of small gyms of a similar skill level, it might make sense competitively to just come together into one bigger gym (or even 2, depending on the amount of small programs!). People say they like 'choices', but I think they're imagining their choices being between CA vs SOT, CEA vs Charlotte, NJ vs CJA or another mid-size program, etc. Or even just various mid-size programs with a decent talent pool. Not choosing between 2 or 3 smaller programs that vary so much in talent/ages, you'd have to switch back and forth each year in order to have the appropriate age/level team for your kid. People are looking for a gym they can grow with, but with smaller gyms in MANY cases I'VE seen, it's inevitable you'll need to switch. Not having to do that (unless the gym is bad), can be a welcome thing.

I'm not saying bulldoze all the small gyms. We have plenty of people from small gyms here..but let's not lie to ourselves- how many people on here don't spit on some of the 'bad' small gyms (with words!), or lament how they might improve if they just go with the big gym? Plus let's be real- generally speaking if they're on here, they're not going to be small for long, unless it's by choice!

Personally I would love to see another big gym in NJ! I do enjoy the smaller teams but many of them are extremely talented and I believe they would be able to keep up. I think it would be a nice change for us!

you keep referring to only WC as a powerhouse gym in NJ.. and although Im partial impretty sure when talking about top gyms in NJ, that NJSE is up there afterall fab did place 6th at worlds and rightfully earned. so in my oppinion you left out a few. It would have been a better post if you just left it at NJ has a abundance of small local allstar gyms that have scatteered talent that probably would help pull talent together if someone like ACE came.. again just my oppinion

Back