All-Star Ace Expanding To New Jersey??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

you keep referring to only WC as a powerhouse gym in NJ.. and although Im partial impretty sure when talking about top gyms in NJ, that NJSE is up there afterall fab did place 6th at worlds and rightfully earned. so in my oppinion you left out a few. It would have been a better post if you just left it at NJ has a abundance of small local allstar gyms that have scatteered talent that probably would help pull talent together if someone like ACE came.. again just my oppinion
oops I menat talent shared betrween the abundance of smaller gyms*

you keep referring to only WC as a powerhouse gym in NJ.. and although Im partial impretty sure when talking about top gyms in NJ, that NJSE is up there afterall fab did place 6th at worlds and rightfully earned. so in my oppinion you left out a few. It would have been a better post if you just left it at NJ has a abundance of small local allstar gyms that have scatteered talent that probably would help pull talent together if someone like ACE came.. again just my oppinion
i'm speaking on the level of WC, CEA, CA, ACE, etc. NJSE yes is an incredible gym in Jersey, and i was so excited for them placing so incredibly well at worlds, but i believe that was the first time in a while that NJSE has sent a gym into worlds with a true potential of taking that 1st place trophy. I remember a couple of years back, where they hit up a smaller comp before worlds to practice their new routine, fell apart, and just laughed about it, saying it's not like they were going to place well anyway. this was from two girls from the team sitting next to me during awards. honestly, even having the talent, coaching staff, and amount of kids to have a level 5 team in a gym is a huge accomplishment, i believe gyms with only 4 teams, below level 5, that do well for themselves is something for applause. i'm just referring to the number of teams that have 1 or 2 teams, level 1 or 2, attend only local high school comps, competing against themselves saying they've had a successful season. where in the beginning, sometimes yes, this can be. but 5-6 years down the road, and this is still what's going on in these gyms, it's time to think, maybe if we merge with some other team, we can make a better name for ourselves.

Playing Devil's Advocate here:

I can see, to a point, what they're talking about. In the sense that when you have a small area with a TON of small gyms of a similar skill level, it might make sense competitively to just come together into one bigger gym (or even 2, depending on the amount of small programs!). People say they like 'choices', but I think they're imagining their choices being between CA vs SOT, CEA vs Charlotte, NJ vs CJA or another mid-size program, etc. Or even just various mid-size programs with a decent talent pool. Not choosing between 2 or 3 smaller programs that vary so much in talent/ages, you'd have to switch back and forth each year in order to have the appropriate age/level team for your kid. People are looking for a gym they can grow with, but with smaller gyms in MANY cases I'VE seen, it's inevitable you'll need to switch. Not having to do that (unless the gym is bad), can be a welcome thing.

I'm not saying bulldoze all the small gyms. We have plenty of people from small gyms here..but let's not lie to ourselves- how many people on here don't spit on some of the 'bad' small gyms (with words!), or lament how they might improve if they just go with the big gym? Plus let's be real- generally speaking if they're on here, they're not going to be small for long, unless it's by choice!

you are much better at word choice and describing this than i am, this is exactly my point i was trying to get across, just using the wrong wording. thank you!

I have no knowledge of what Happy plans to do or not do.

But I haven't seen anyone affiliated with ACE doing any kind of criticism of any New Jersey gyms. So, please don't tie any of those comments to ACE.

And the :rolleyes: comment about ACE creating multiple "powerhouse" gyms was completely uncalled for. I don't think the business plan is to create multiple powerhouse gyms nor has that ever been a stated premise. What he has done is create a number of gyms that produce good (and occasionally very good) teams that allow lots of athletes to participate.

They haven't all been successful (the Phenix city area gyms) but he's been a lot more successful than not.

It's obviously not something that everyone wants to do and not everyone likes the business practice. Fine. It's not illegal or immoral, so you keeping doing what you want and he'll keep doing what he wants.

And I'll keep supporting him.

I have no knowledge of what Happy plans to do or not do.

But I haven't seen anyone affiliated with ACE doing any kind of criticism of any New Jersey gyms. So, please don't tie any of those comments to ACE.

And the :rolleyes: comment about ACE creating multiple "powerhouse" gyms was completely uncalled for. I don't think the business plan is to create multiple powerhouse gyms nor has that ever been a stated premise. What he has done is create a number of gyms that produce good (and occasionally very good) teams that allow lots of athletes to participate.

They haven't all been successful (the Phenix city area gyms) but he's been a lot more successful than not.

It's obviously not something that everyone wants to do and not everyone likes the business practice. Fine. It's not illegal or immoral, so you keeping doing what you want and he'll keep doing what he wants.

And I'll keep supporting him.

And we'll keep supporting you :)

Back