All-Star After The Rings Globes And Titles Then What?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Now I'm thinking back to Jody's comment about how CA would take more teams to Spirit Celebration and other EPs if the parents weren't so hell bent upon their kids going to Summit. So true about parental pressure.

I think that the other side of this is that there are parents that aren't solely focuses on Summit but when you have the majority of your team voting to accept an at large bid, no athlete wants to be one of the few that says no. This means that those loudest of parents that want only to win Summit will get what they want.

I think that the other side of this is that there are parents that aren't solely focuses on Summit but when you have the majority of your team voting to accept an at large bid, no athlete wants to be one of the few that says no. This means that those loudest of parents that want only to win Summit will get what they want.
This. Being the lone boat rocker can be terrifying, and from what some people have said in other threads, it can have repercussions.

I guarantee you that there are PLENTY of parents who enjoy skimpy uniforms, heavy make-up, and inappropriate moves by their littles. Many, many of the moms of young athletes push for those things. The older kids/parents are much more likely to hit the brakes on those things in my experience. The moms of the young ones are desperate for a more mature experience for their kids. Just look at their pictures on social media...it's shocking. In a recent gym photoshoot, my kid looked like a kid on her photos (she's 15) and the young ones look like they're on Toddlers and Tiaras.

Yes.

All you have to do is search #cheerlebrity or any number of those cheer related hashtags and you'll see:

*Spray tanned kids who are Youth aged but look 15.
*Kids doing their 23,546 cheer practice wear photoshoot in the skimpiest of shorts.
*Minis promoting hair products wearing outfits meant for 16 year olds.

You name it.

Not only do the parents love it, but they're the ones promoting their kids to try and get the sponsorships/running the instagram accounts/etc.

Yes.

All you have to do is search #cheerlebrity or any number of those cheer related hashtags and you'll see:

*Spray tanned kids who are Youth aged but look 15.
*Kids doing their 23,546 cheer practice wear photoshoot in the skimpiest of shorts.
*Minis promoting hair products wearing outfits meant for 16 year olds.

You name it.

Not only do the parents love it, but they're the ones promoting their kids to try and get the sponsorships/running the instagram accounts/etc.
But watch their negative reactions to outsiders negatively judging the sport based on what they see on that kid's social media profile... people like this are a huge part of why people see cheer as a glorified pageant.

There is no way to control this, but I bet there are parents out there who would probably have their kids quit cheer TOMORROW if their gym.USASF/etc. banned product promo/sponsorships/photoshoots/etc.

This would be the best day of my cheer mom life. There is NOTHING as bad as having one kid constantly being promoted and attempting to sell junk to all the cheerleaders. ANNOYING.

Some part of me wants to end the endorsement thing. Like losing you amateur status in the NCAA. I know there's no pro version of definition for cheer but it always rubbed me the wrong way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine how things would change if USASF/gyms/etc. said "No Worlds team eligibility if you are promoting products on instagram."

All Star is competitive cheerleading, winning is a huge part of it. No one wants to be on a crappy team that comes in last place all the time. If your child doesn't care if they win or lose than they should be doing rec or school cheer.

CP's previous gym lost all the time, even if they hit, coaches goofed off and played games during practice instead of actually practicing. CP didn't want that and asked to go to current gym. We pass 5 other all star gyms on the way to our current gym. Why? Because she wants to be the best that she can be, work hard, have fun and actually win once in a while. What is so wrong with that? It's not for everyone. We had a girl last year come down with us, she did one practice and said it was too hard and never returned.

As a parent, I don't want to pay $8K a year for a crappy product. I don't want or expect my kids teams to win every time, that would be boring. But for the amount of money I pay I expect for her to learn, progress, have fun and if they hit place somewhere decent (top 3/5/10 depending on how many teams in division).

What's wrong with having a goal to win NCA or globe at worlds?

Imagine how things would change if USASF/gyms/etc. said "No Worlds team eligibility if you are promoting products on instagram."
If I were a gym owner... only thing I'd do is remind any and all crazy parents to not let the hit 'em where the good Lord done split 'em.

Oh Happy Day. When Susie's Mom walked.

@mybabywantstotumble are you implying that if a program is not aiming for Worlds or Summit, that they are just not competitive and have no goals? That someone should leave allstar for school or rec if they don't want a Summit, NCA or Worlds title?

Uproar. Oh what will Suzy's mom do. One of my problems is its like 3 members of the team get a promotion when there's like 17-33 other people [emoji52]

Instagram /twitter really has changed a lot in this world. When I started cheer my only access to good teams were videos on varsity. I didn't know who a single person on every team was. Didn't know the politics. But seeing this little kid pages dedicated to cheer and promoting practice wear and hairspray I'm so confused. It's not just the world's ring their chasing( which I don't mind if it's the realm of your possibility) it's the attention. The notoriety.

Back