All-Star All Star Gyms & College Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I sure do hope that they continue doing this. I love the rivalry it creates and I can see that OSU and UofL really push each other. Same thing now with T&S Genesis vs. GymTyme Nfinity.

kingston Now that your the coach over at Georgia Tech, which I think is AMAZING, do you plan to use this position to Stingrays' advantage as far as open teams are concerned? I see it being a tremedous benefit for both. Georgia Tech gets to practice at one of the most state of the art cheer facilities in the world, and Stingrays gets the benefit of having athletes on their open teams that practice together everyday to begin with. Partner sets would be a breeze!

I think the Georgia Tech Stingrays thing will pay off benefits later on, but there is a lot of rebuilding going on. The team hasn't competed in a long time and there is a lot of work to do. I do plan on being as all-star/open team friendly as needed though.

I will also say I know Middle Tennessee State University practices at Elite Energy. I don't believe they had an open team but maybe that's something that could work if they ever wanted too.
Elite Energy is a gymnastics gym. As far as I know they don't have any cheer teams that compete. A lot of the MTSU kids work at other cheer gyms that wouldn't allow for them to compete with Elite if anything were ever started.

Elite Energy is a gymnastics gym. As far as I know they don't have any cheer teams that compete. A lot of the MTSU kids work at other cheer gyms that wouldn't allow for them to compete with Elite if anything were ever started.

Elite energy is a cheer gym too. They have at least 5 teams for the last 2 seasons but I know they have had teams longer then that. A lot of their kids actually work at the gym.

I would love to see UGA have an international open coed 5/6 team. Their program has turned around significantly and they're definitely a force to be reckoned with at NCA college nationals now. I can tell that like 95% of their program has competed allstars prior to college cheer, so they're definitely no strangers to the spring floor.

I would love to see UGA have an international open coed 5/6 team. Their program has turned around significantly and they're definitely a force to be reckoned with at NCA college nationals now. I can tell that like 95% of their program has competed allstars prior to college cheer, so they're definitely no strangers to the spring floor.
Athens is over an hour from Marrietta/Atlanta though.

I have an interview at Florida International University next week...fingers crossed!

Are they going to allow the program to be built up again to where it was? Didn't they try to get rid of the competition side of it just a season or two ago? I wish you a ton of luck and hope you get the job so that this program can show its true potential.

Athens is over an hour from Marrietta/Atlanta though.

regularly, quite a bit of the UGA squad members train during their off-time/practice at pro cheer allstars which is about 25-30 mins away.
pro cheer is also planning to form an open team, so maybe things MAY happen.

Seton Hall University is 15 minutes from CJA and our coach also coaches there. We had the opportunity to tryout for their All Girl Open 6 team this year but no one did. I'm thinking that with their recent success more girls will take advantage of this opportunity.

Thank you for the info. I can't wait to see what she can do with these teams. I keep crossing my fingers every year that OSU will have an all girl team. I know this year they had a STUNT team, but it would be great to see them go against Louisville in all 3 divisions.

OSU has a Large Coed, Small Coed AND an all girl this year! :) Apparently they are all amazing teams!!

OSU has a Large Coed, Small Coed AND an all girl this year! :) Apparently they are all amazing teams!!

It is funny because when I heard yesterday the first thing I thought was "Oh my I totally called that about a week ago." Texas has an all girl this year too. D1A all girl at NCA is going to be amazing with these new additions and the return of Maryland.

Is there something between KSU and Stingrays? I remember being blown away by KSU when I saw them.

Elite energy is a cheer gym too. They have at least 5 teams for the last 2 seasons but I know they have had teams longer then that. A lot of their kids actually work at the gym.
I didn't know they had teams. Never seen them, but I'll have to keep a look out at local comps. Quite a few of the MTSU kids coach for another local gym that doesn't allow for them to compete anywhere else. It was funny because I was actually discussing with a few of them why they didn't compete with a gym the day before the first post. I think their program would benefit greatly though from teaming up with a gym (any gym) and competing. They have a lot of individual talent, but seem to have trouble putting together on the floor, and I think competing together all year would help that.

I didn't know they had teams. Never seen them, but I'll have to keep a look out at local comps. Quite a few of the MTSU kids coach for another local gym that doesn't allow for them to compete anywhere else. It was funny because I was actually discussing with a few of them why they didn't compete with a gym the day before the first post. I think their program would benefit greatly though from teaming up with a gym (any gym) and competing. They have a lot of individual talent, but seem to have trouble putting together on the floor, and I think competing together all year would help that.

Lol well I'm surprised you have never seen them at local competitions. They went to 2 times as many as we did.
They had fairly good teams I know a lot of talk was being made when Jaylen first started tumbling there wondering if we were switching since it was so close to my house. The coaches of her tumbling class Davon and Jessie were both on the MTSU team. Then on Fridays Jaylen had privates at Elite at 3 and they always had MTSU practice then so I seen every bit of their routine a million times. I know 2 of the females on the team coached a gymnastics class at Elite. I think Elite could really get some exposure from an open team so if it was possible to get them on a team to go to competitions it would definitely draw attention to their program as a whole. Plus their website gives very little info about the All star side of it so that probably doesn't help but if they coach elsewhere then it would be kind of hard to do it!

Back