All-Star Amazing Level 2 Teams?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'd feel kind of bad for the teams there made up of level 2 athletes...I know it's fun to win, but I'm just sayin...I hope this isn't true.
It was devastating. Rather than be ashamed they were proud of the loophole they exploited to do it. The Rockstar athletes were running around in their jackets telling the second place team "so we cheated, look who has the jacket". It was a bad scene.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It happened. We came in 2nd to them at Cheersport.

The following year there was a smaller gym in our area that had tryouts for level 4-5 kids in their gym to make up a one time level 2 team that went to an American championships in Buffalo.

Needless to say, they won and blew up social media in their blue national champ jackets. (It's been a year or two those jackets went white last season)

There seems like here has got to be a way to keep this from happening. My CP use to figure skate and she had to take a test to pass a certain level. once she passed that level she could only compete at that level. seems like in cheer you could take a skills test and only make a team on the level you passed.

There seems like here has got to be a way to keep this from happening. My CP use to figure skate and she had to take a test to pass a certain level. once she passed that level she could only compete at that level. seems like in cheer you could take a skills test and only make a team on the level you passed.
While that's a great idea in theory, small gyms don't have teams for every age and level and this they would probably end up losing a lot of kids. For example, an 8 year old at my old gym had her full and she could fly level 5. The only level 5 team we had was R5 so she was too young to be on it. She competed on Junior 3 because it was the highest level we offered for her age. It would be a really good idea if there was a way to figure out what to do with those kind of situations.

While that's a great idea in theory, small gyms don't have teams for every age and level and this they would probably end up losing a lot of kids. For example, an 8 year old at my old gym had her full and she could fly level 5. The only level 5 team we had was R5 so she was too young to be on it. She competed on Junior 3 because it was the highest level we offered for her age. It would be a really good idea if there was a way to figure out what to do with those kind of situations.

exactly what i was going to say. we have 2 girls with fulls and another that is getting a light spot on the floor. one of the girls with a full was on mini 1, junior 2&3 because we are such a small gym, we can't place her on a level 5 team. we would lose all of our best athletes if there was a rule like that in effect.

It's a lot easier to control this type of thing in more individual sports like figure skating and gymnastics. As much as I hate crossovers, I know that they are a necessary evil at this point in cheer, but there are definitely ways that they could be limited from how it is now.

It's a lot easier to control this type of thing in more individual sports like figure skating and gymnastics. As much as I hate crossovers, I know that they are a necessary evil at this point in cheer, but there are definitely ways that they could be limited from how it is now.

They aren't necessary. Some gyms just don't want to make teams off of what they already have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They aren't necessary. Some gyms just don't want to make teams off of what they already have.

I completely agree to an extent, but I think there are a few really small gyms out there that would rather make two or three small teams with some crossovers than have to turn away a couple kids because they can't make a team without them.
Ex- two or three 9 year olds and 10 10+ year olds, some gyms would rather have a junior team and a senior team with some of those kids crossing to both teams than turn away those 2 or 3 youth/junior age kids that can't be on a senior team.

I don't think it is that simple; gyms have crossovers for a variety of reasons. Cp's gym for example gives athletes the option of doing two teams. If you want to do only one team, though, you are put on your age appropriate team. Allowing crossovers in our gym gives athletes with higher level skills the opportunity to be on a team using those skills, yet still keeps the younger teams strong. I also like that cp is still with her peers and involved in age-appropriate activities.

Brag post... Our Mini 2 team won the US Finals Division Grand Champs. They are all very excited! It's a fairly young team that has had a handful of ups & downs but they pulled it off at Finals (for the most part). Both of my cps are on it and are just beside themselves happy. Cp -9 will age off mini's this year and loved going out with a bang. After they performed that Sat. my cp-7 came off the floor crying, knowing they had a great performance I didn't know what was wrong. When I got to her & asked her she just said sobbing, "I'm so happy we did so good and I hit my stunts." :D It was so sweet. We have not had that much competition this season but in VA Beach there were so many great mini 2 teams. It's a great way to end the season.

My team last season was a pretty good level 2 team if i do say so myself!! South Elite Sapphires! We did AMAZING Day 1 of UCA! I don't think theres a video of the full preformance but varsity posted it with 30 seconds taken out (of course its our stunt sequence :( ).
We went to the summit but had a rough day 1 and sadly did not made day 2. We went undefeated in the northwest (basically washington but we won at our portland comp too). 2nd place at UCA in florida and not sure of placement at summit...

ETA: Link to the video:
2014 UCA International All Star Championship

Last edited:
Back