All-Star Angel Rice Moving To Cali Smoed For 2014-2015 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If her birthday was in December, doesn't that make her eligible for Juniors?

But...back up. She's FIFTEEN?!? My life is meaningless.

Oh wait so its her age at the beginning of the season that deems her eligible? Even though she's 15 now?
That makes sense, thanks for the correction! :)

Oh wait so its her age at the beginning of the season that deems her eligible? Even though she's 15 now?
That makes sense, thanks for the correction! :)
Not that I have any idea her age or birthday but cheer "age" is determined by the age you are on August 31

If she was still 14 on that date then she's technically a junior....

...and everyone from worlds now feels that much worse :D

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Plot twist: All the boys age out and smoed goes Large Senior! haha wouldn't that be something..

ETA: Except I guess they wouldn't be called "Smoed" anymore haha :D

That would be amazing. When Gabi tweeted something about there being a surprise next year at Cali, I was hoping it would be announcing Large Senior. It's only a matter of time before it happens with their growth I suppose

Why all the way to Cali? Topgun, Cheer Athletics, Spirit, World Cup, and Maryland Twisters (among others) are HALF the distance. No disrespect to Cali, but I'm hoping there are other reasons for the move than just to cheer at Cali. There's DOZENS of world's caliber (and world champion) programs much closer. We all know she will be AMAZING anywhere she goes, she's an amazing athlete (and an amazing person from what I hear, I don't know her personally). GOOD LUCK ANGEL!!
Plus she is already at Rays a gym that has an 8 time world champion team and she won worlds with orange back in 2012. Her moving out to Cali must have a lot more to do with then just wanting a ring.

That would be amazing. When Gabi tweeted something about there being a surprise next year at Cali, I was hoping it would be announcing Large Senior. It's only a matter of time before it happens with their growth I suppose

With them buying AZ power, I believe it will happen sooner or later. California all stars enzy large senior 5?

the only reason i am very very bothered by this is that its april 30th and she's on the team while CA tryouts (as posted by eddie) are may 11-12. doesn't seem fair. just my opinion though
I agree! But smoed probably jumped at the chance to have her especially since they lost their previous power tumbler when kiara went to college

Not that I have any idea her age or birthday but cheer "age" is determined by the age you are on August 31

If she was still 14 on that date then she's technically a junior....

...and everyone from worlds now feels that much worse :D

Ahhh ok.

Irrelevant knowledge here but that's the same cut off date I have for athletics over here, and because I have a September birthday and the season runs Early April to Late August meant that I could be 16 competing against a 13 year old in an U15 age category.
Always found that strange when your on the start line and see you're racing someone half your height.

Sad to see tweets like this from other gyms; Cheer real talk: when you buy your athletes for your personal gains...you lose!

Didn't someone else use the excuse of power tumbling at Cali ..
I do think it is becoming - want a ring? go to smoed. It'll be interesting to see who they get from out-of-state this year.
Weird that I totally suspected this. Was she on orange when they won? Don't remember, but I was just thinking how an amazing athlete like her hasn't been a world champion the past couple years, and there are plenty of mediocre athletes that are. It really is a team sport.
It probably sucked even more to be in first day 1 and not even medal day 2 :( I was rooting for steel

I don't believe someone used that as a reason to move to Cali but Kiara Nowlin also does (or did?) power tumbling and she's at Cali. Is that what you're thinking of?

I can understand it...who wouldn't want to live for a year in San Diego--its beautiful..and factor in a great team with great coaches and tradition. I say go for it. Since she already has a ring maybe its just for the experience..which I bet will be awesome :) Good Luck!
SMOED is out of the Ventura gym. However it's still a nice place to live.

so if her birthday was december she could technically be on green BUT no worlds competitors are allowed to compete at the summit and i doubt rays would be the gym to try that.

and holy i feel old if that girl just turned 15!
My friend competed at worlds last year then on a level 3 summit team because they needed a last minute fill in due to injury. So it's allowed.

Back