All-Star April 2016 Videos (non-worlds)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'll probably sound like a hater, I'm sorry, but those ripples in standing tumbling look so sloppy, and timing is off in so many parts of the routine that I can't deal. All of the skills are there, they just need to clean a lot up.

ETA: Ripples looked sloppy in another video that was posted. I guess they're ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have to say that I agree with you. While standing tumbling is fine for me, there is an issue with timing throughout.
People skipping motions, jumps look extremely labored (as if they were jumping on dead floor), they throw three baskets in the opening and the only one that has any business being there is the first one thrown in the center and while I'm on it the ripple in the basket section is one thing I just cannot get on board with. I tried and you know what I found out? That I caan't.
It just doesn't look good to me. It makes my head hurt.

It's difficult for me to say whether I agree with basing it off of max number or not. Like you said, there are plenty of teams out there that can't max, and if they could max, they'd be doing so with under-level athletes. That being said there are plenty of teams who do this on purpose to boost their score.
yeah i understand what you're saying, that's the way i did it when i counted the amount of standing fulls and doubles for standing tumbling (although i counted 24 athletes??? might be 23 idk where i got 24 from) but yeah so 11/23 doubles in standing and 11/23 standing fulls, which is GREAT. but i feel as though the Beatles' gym isn't one that can max out, unless they get more girls. (that's just me idk what's actually going on). i think they're fine with what they have now though.

I'm sure the backdrop/lighting/fans up front aren't helping, but they still look so messy and I'm upset because that's definitely their weakness in the division at the moment.

I think I like the new dance, but it also seems messy. It looked like a handful weren't even going full out with motions and just being sloppy. That, at least, I am hoping because it's new and they're performing it this weekend to build confidence with it.
I'm gonna have to agree., something in this just lacked energy. Even the stunts like the tick tocks didn't have any snap to them. Baskets were great though

off topic from the routines but some of those kids hair is WAY too big. i dont understand why coaches let kids wear their hair like that. to me its just so distracting.
soooooo from Cali Coed, who's the brunette, middle of the final pyramid formation right side (from their view) she was giving me so much LIFE during that pyramid

american showcase cali coed d2

american showcase cali miss mafia d2

american showcase cali white gold d2

How some of Cali Coed's stunts are legal makes me question judging. There is very clearly at one point, 3 or 4 stunts that have no base on the ankle.....how have they not been called on that?

How some of Cali Coed's stunts are legal makes me question judging. There is very clearly at one point, 3 or 4 stunts that have no base on the ankle.....how have they not been called on that?
I see a few stunts with a base on the other base's wrist instead of the ankle during the main sequence, which makes it legal. Unless you're talking about other stunts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I see a few stunts with a base on the other base's wrist instead of the ankle during the main sequence, which makes it legal. Unless you're talking about other stunts.

Did they change the ruling on that? Since I know a team I competed against at Worlds didnt make finals in 2014 because there was no base on the ankle.

Did they change the ruling on that? Since I know a team I competed against at Worlds didnt make finals in 2014 because there was no base on the ankle.
That's how it's been for as long as I can remember, definitely in 2014.

It depends on how the "spotter is touching the stunt. That person can't be considered both a spotter and a base at the same time. They are allowed to touch the wrists of the base, but if they have a hand under the foot that makes them a base in which case it must be the front hand under the foot and the back hand MUST be on the back of the ankle.
I see the two stunts in question but it's difficult to tell the hand position for me. I do see, though, that there's nothing on the ankle then there is...

ETA: or the back wrist. So it looks as though it's fine.

Back