All-Star Battle Under The Big Top Schedule, Teams, And Thoughts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ADDING: I wonder, if it might be a good idea to list how bids are distributed and a brief overview of comp scoring on the first post for every new comp discussion thread? Maybe if we list from the start on here how things go, WE will be more informed, and then a trickle down of knowledge might happen? The more people who understand these sheets ahead of time, the better?

Ok. So this weekend was my first Battle Under the Big Top experience. I saw some amazing performances! But I am still quite confused on how Atlanta Jayhawks junior level 4 (small) lost to stingrays (large) team. Stingrays dropped stunts, and bobbles. Jayhawks put on an amazing performance with high energy, expressions, and facials, both days. I will admit Sunday was much better when it comes to the "performance". On both days they beat the Stingrays on the techinical scores. Please note this team had the 2nd highest techinical score for any level 4 team (including all coed and all senior level 4 teams on day 2). Our girls took 2nd place with such amazing grace and class, but with a broken heart. I am very proud of the junior green family!

I am not hating on the stingrays, they are an amazing gym, with amazing athletes. I am just confused.. Congrats to Orange and Top Gun for their paid bids to worlds!

A few thoughts and questions...

1) Orange...holy cow. Watch out Worlds...because they are AMAZING now and only going to get better!

2) Top Gun Lg Coed...agree that Day 2 gave me the "old Top Gun chills". I have always loved this team and I am excited to see them looking so good this early! BUT a question about the two tumbling passes that go over other people...is that legal now? Or are they executing it in a way to make it legal? NOT hating, legitimately wondering!

3) Smoke...wasn't sure I was going to like them small. I was wrong. LOVED that routine, can't wait to watch them throughout the season!

I'm not sure how they placed but Carolina Spirit Athletics teams look really good. It was my first time seeing their program and I enjoyed watching their routines. :)

Thank you for the compliments. My daughter cheers for Carolina Spirit Athletics. Our Junior 1 finished with a 1st place, our Junior 3 Large finished with a first place and Super Division winner, Senior 2 Large had a rough day Saturday but better Sunday and finished 2nd and Senior 4 Large had a really rough day Saturday but pulled together Sunday for a 3rd place but a really good score for Sunday, so we are very happy with how all the teams did this weekend and look forward to a great season. It was CSA's first time at Battle Under the Big Top. We are a somewhat small gym in NC but we work hard and have a great coaching staff. We had a great time this weekend. Congrats to all. :)

A few thoughts and questions...
2) Top Gun Lg Coed...agree that Day 2 gave me the "old Top Gun chills". I have always loved this team and I am excited to see them looking so good this early! BUT a question about the two tumbling passes that go over other people...is that legal now? Or are they executing it in a way to make it legal? NOT hating, legitimately wondering!

LOL, there is some "grey area" involved ;-)

IF it's really true...come on guys! You can't believe everything you read...Seriously? I honestly can't imagine Court ever saying something like that
I don't think she would ever say that in front of kids and other athletes, she has learned to much about the sport to do that, do I think she would of done it 15 years ago as a young coach , maybe....but not now. She has to much to lose to talk like that.

Me either, its just that I mange to go all 4 years of hs with about 5 tardies recorded(snuck into class or teachers didn't care) and my little a freshman manages to get 4 in the first nine weeks which leads to ISS since theres no more late/after school bus.

In my 3 1/2 years of high school I have been tardy a total of three times...once for forgetting my lanyard, once for going to the vending machines because I was very hungry, and the last time was because I got gum stuck in my hair (my junior year) and it took forever to get out so I was late to school :(

Back