All-Star Best Excuses During Practice....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

megaroo714 said:
last year on my high school team ( i wasnt on the team but a girl on the team who is also on my all star team had told me this ) a girl pierced her belly button in the school bathroom and when she got to practice she told the coach that she had thrown up the night before and couldnt practice .... the coach found out a few days later and freaked out and kicked her off the team

Wait. She pierced her own belly button?!! In the school bathroom?!!!

My favorite is always the RO HS, Grab a body part to make it look like you hurt yourself, so you have an excuse as to why you're not throwing your tumbling full out. Girl, and that's why your tumbling is janky, because YOU NEVER THROW IT.
Similar to that, I also like the oops I dropped my flyer to the ground I'd better grab a body part and roll around so it looks like I hurt myself too and there was no possible way I could catch her.

Similar to that, I also like the oops I dropped my flyer to the ground I'd better grab a body part and roll around so it looks like I hurt myself too and there was no possible way I could catch her.
lol i have heard this one waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many times for my liking

I had a girl that tweaked her ankle and for the rest of practice told her to sit. The weekend there was a dance, she had some pretty fierce shoes on.... saw the photos. So 2 days before competition I asked to see the round off tucks, she says to me, I did 2 at the beginning I don't want to hurt my ankle more. I said you are the most inconsistent and you need to be doing it, I got the stink eye, then I said, how was the formal and the 5 inch platforms you wore, she says oh it was fun and weren't they cute.. they were so cute that well, TUMBLE you danced all night in those... get your butt to the trainer, get wrapped and TUMBLE... guess who didn't even throw her tuck in competition... BINGO... excuses... UGH

NO SYMPATHY... :)

cheerKT said:

They think they're slick when they do that. We've seen and heard it all and probably tried a few ourselves when we we're cheering. You can't fool coaches kiddos. We know allllll your tricks!

They think they're slick when they do that. We've seen and heard it all and probably tried a few ourselves when we we're cheering. You can't fool coaches kiddos. We know allllll your tricks!
It cracks me up too, when something messes up in a routine - the people involved always come off the floor crying like they're really hurt or something & of course they never are.....:mad:

whatsarisalee said:
I can't stunt because I'm sunburned

Not a good enough excuse in my gym. We live in the age of sunblock and I tell them all the time they will still have to stunt and tumble so....

But lunch chunks on the mat is so hard to clean up....
This is one reason why we go hard til lunch/break at choreo camp then the rest of the day they can mark tumbling.

Sidenote: If you're going to puke, DON'T DO IT ON THE MAT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Sorry about the yelling. :) If someone blows chunks on the mat, I will probably do the same. At least try to run to the bathroom.

I get the best excuses from my tinies. They're totally serious and I would be upset if they were older, but they're just so dang cute. :)

I had one girl run to the corner sobbing, refusing to practice or talk to anyone, and when I finally got her into a private area so she'd tell me what's wrong, she said "I'm cold." -.-

Another girl outright refused to participate, turned out she really wanted to give her mom a hug. So I had to take her to the parents area to hug her mom before the team could move on.

One of my youth-aged girls said she couldn't stunt because she was on the flyer's left side instead of right. ...I understand having favorite sides because you're used to it, but come on, really?

Another one couldn't participate in practice because an injured teammate was sitting out and she had to "catch up" with her. They go to the same school and have all day to "catch up". :banghead:

"I can't go, I have a high school game... to socialize at."
I coached a rec team of 13/14 year olds. I only had two 9th graders on the team & they didn't even cheer at the school...

I cant tumble Im pregnant.

my high school senior year let a girl cheer pregnant to the point that her skirt wouldnt even button, she would pin it. it was her second child. i refused to talk to her at games/ practices/etc. anyone who puts their baby in jeopardy to cheer is absurd

I get the best excuses from my tinies. They're totally serious and I would be upset if they were older, but they're just so dang cute. :)

I had one girl run to the corner sobbing, refusing to practice or talk to anyone, and when I finally got her into a private area so she'd tell me what's wrong, she said "I'm cold." -.-

Another girl outright refused to participate, turned out she really wanted to give her mom a hug. So I had to take her to the parents area to hug her mom before the team could move on.

Kids are so rotten...but this is adorable hahahahaha. <3

Back