All-Star Biggest Fear In Cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Tumbling, especially ro backs....I've always gotten mental blocks my whole life but somehow i get my tumbling back randomly, i can tumble frontwards just fine (fwo, punch front) and its always solid, its going backwards that freaks me out to no extent, because at tryouts one year i was doing a ro bhs back and i went to high on my back and stopped in the middle of it (i know, bad thing to do! :() and landed on my neck, i was fine but did it again when i tried after that. So i still need to get spotted on anything to a back, or layout (even though i always get told i dont need it). I get stressed out and frustrated really easily with myself because i know i can do it but i feel like my mind wont let me. but its getting better! :)

forward tumbling!
I don't know why, but I'm fine with going backwards, but when I start going forwards it gets scary!
and re-tearing my acl, I NEVER want to undergo that surgery again.

my biggest fear is a backhandspring. i cannot make one no matter how hard i try. i am 14 and have been cheering since i was 12.

I don't know if someone has suggested this to you but try taking the pressure off. If you tell yourself "I absolutely must have it" it puts a lot of mental strain on you that i'm sure you don't need! If you tumble from theheart and simply tell yourself "I WANT my handspring" it comes from within and even if it takes five years it will still be such a great feeling once you get there! The backhandspring is scary and its one of the first times that you have to trust yourself to complete the steps to get your hips and shoulders to lift past your head safely and its completely okay to be scared, heck, handsprings are the scariest thing for me to this date! Everyone goes through a period where they are scared of their handspring and for some it takes plenty of years to get over it, it just takes persistance, and a strong positive attitude which i'm sure you can do!

My biggest fear would probably be watching my fly and know that she will fall! Also, watching other cheerleaders fall while tumbling or stunting.

I don't know if someone has suggested this to you but try taking the pressure off. If you tell yourself "I absolutely must have it" it puts a lot of mental strain on you that i'm sure you don't need! If you tumble from theheart and simply tell yourself "I WANT my handspring" it comes from within and even if it takes five years it will still be such a great feeling once you get there! The backhandspring is scary and its one of the first times that you have to trust yourself to complete the steps to get your hips and shoulders to lift past your head safely and its completely okay to be scared, heck, handsprings are the scariest thing for me to this date! Everyone goes through a period where they are scared of their handspring and for some it takes plenty of years to get over it, it just takes persistance, and a strong positive attitude which i'm sure you can do!
thank you!!

My biggest fear is falling. I was a flyer until I was like 13, and I got dropped on my head/neck and refused to fly ever again. I won't even fly in a shoulder sit. It actually worked out well though because like 2 years later I finally had my growth spurt and would have had to switch to basing anyways.

My biggest fear would be the fracture in my vertebrae... It's a 70% fracture, so the slightest wrong movement could completely break it and paralyze me!!! :( good thing I don't bust a lot, or I would probably have problems by now!!

Latest posts

Back