All-Star California Allstars Expanding?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm having trouble understanding why people are so bitter... Yes, gym expansions suck for the surrounding gyms, but that is how cheer has been for years now. People are forgetting that this is also a business a well as a sport. Say you owned a gym like Cali, and you had the opportunity to expand and make your gym more prosperous; can you honestly say that you wouldn't take that opportunity?

I'm having trouble understanding why people are so bitter... Yes, gym expansions suck for the surrounding gyms, but that is how cheer has been for years now. People are forgetting that this is also a business a well as a sport. Say you owned a gym like Cali, and you had the opportunity to expand and make your gym more prosperous; can you honestly say that you wouldn't take that opportunity?
Well, I wouldn't put a gym there. But then again I don't have the personal interactions that kind of make this decision a lot more logical.

....If I had a small business of which I am unbelievably proud, that I've spent my life trying to build up through word of mouth, good customer relations, and built a crew of customers and workers from scratch, you THEN expect me to be smiling and sunshine-y about another business coming in? Particularly when it's a mega-corporation (like Walmart)? Thanks, but no thanks. While I understand this is business and not always personal, doesn't mean you welcome your competition in with open arms and say 'Here, take everything I've worked for!'

Not saying these gyms should give up, but it's a bit condescending to insist they should be happy about it.

I can't help but to compare all-star cheerleading's "business is business" discussion to McDonalds corporation. (Hear me out)

Right now, i'm reading a book about the growth of fast food in the United States. The book talks mainly about the growth of the McDonalds corporation and as we all know, McDonalds is one of the most recognizable organizations in the world. (Admit it: you can name at least 2 McDonalds locations less than 20 minutes away from where you are right now.)
In the beginning of the chapter, it talks about how McDonalds started. It started out as a classic burger joint. Just small business among other small businesses just trying to make a profit on good service and quality practices. There were dozens of other hamburger stands in Southern California to chose from, but to set their business apart from the others and appeal to more people, they started to franchise all over Southern California and eventually to other states around the country. Small burger joints were closing as fast as McDonalds were opening. In 1958, 18 years after the first restaurant was opened, 33 locations were added. Ten years later, McDonalds opened their 1,000th restaurant. Today, over 32,000 McDonalds are opened around the world. Today, it's extremely hard to find a small burger business here in Southern California. All you ever see are the big golden arches on each street corner.

How far is too far? How large is too large? Is more really better? How big will big gyms get until there are only 3 or 4 companies competing at a competition? Will it get to the point where you only compete against McDonalds All Stars at every competition? :enjoyshow:

Ok so now that we know its REALLY happening can we start talking about that. So the new location is in ontario, looks like the address belongs to a gymnastics place. So my question is...is this location taking over this facility or will they be using the space to practice? If there just using the space for practice then maybe there not sure of a large number coming into this right away. That should make all the worriers for the other local gyms happy, right?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Cheerforce has never been to AZ and I haven't heard about any expansions so far.
Yes they did. Like a long time ago when Shawn was with cheer force they opened a gym in AZ and a former owner, Mandy was the owner. But it fell through and they closed but it existed...

Really people think Cali doesn't "breed" their own athlete?!?!? Have you seen their junior teams?!? J4, JUNIOR MAFIA... Do talented kids leave other programs to go to CA, of course but its what's done with that talent that keeps attracting more and more. They have a formula that works, a competitive advantage, and they work their butts off putting together winning routines, training these kids and perfecting skills. Nothing is handed to them, nor does it come easy...it's hard work keeping your customers happy, especially when you're held to such high standards. Anyways, good luck Cali! Hope you have amazing tiny, mini and junior 1 & 2 teams in Ontario! And by the way, loved your Sr 1 & 2teams at NCA <3

Well said. From what i hear they are very tough. Getting a spot and keeping isn't always a given. You have to earn your spot. They have a huge successful business and they have to live up to the standards they have put out there.
There is no getting ur kid on a certain level becuz you throw a fit or becuz you hang out or party with the coaches/owners. There teams are put together to be successful and that's why they do so well. Whether it be level 5 or 1. Every team is built to win. Every athlete given to tools and opportunity to succeed.

Back