All-Star Camp Woodward

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 22, 2014
HEY:)
I'm planning on going to camp Woodward next year and I just want to know the answers to a few questions. Is there a specific week that is better than the others, if you go by yourself is it really scary, did you learn a lot of tips and new skills, did you make new friends that you still keep in contact with, and was it worth it?

I went a few years ago by myself. At first I was really scared but three girls from my team actually were there the same week as me and we ended up in the same cabin. It's always more reassuring to have people you know in the beginning but by the end of the week I was friends with my whole cabin.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

http://board.fierce-brands.com/threads/camp-woodward-worth-the-money.30566/

Camp Woodward Pa | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer

Woodward - Summer 2013 | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer

These may help! My CPs have gone before but went with their gym both years. They did make a lot of friends from outside the gym and they are still friendly with many so I am sure you will make many friends quickly. You most likely will not learn new skills - in fact most of the tumbling is done on rod floor, so my CPs had a hard time adjusting back to regular spring when they got home. I personally did not feel it was worth the money, but my CPs will both tell you differently (and some of the friends they made did make it somewhat worthwhile)!

I went to camp Woodward with my team agesssss ago when I was still in high school and it was great! Apart from the toilets always having issues it was a great time and if I wasn't old I'd go again for sure! Lol

My daughter went last summer for a week. She had a great experience. She didn't really pick up any new skills, but her confidence got a real boost, which in the end helped her performance moving forward. If you're going to Woodward with the specific purpose of getting new skills, you may be better served by putting your money toward privates during the summer. However, if you're looking for a really fun summer camp where you get to meet cheer people from all over and where you can get confident, Woodward is for you. Whatever you do, have fun!

I have been to camp Woodward twice and it is an amazing camp! Both times I have gone by myself and it was a little scary at first but I did make friends and have a blast. I also did learn some new and effective techniques. Unfortunately I did not gain any skills but I progressed quite a bit. I definitely think you should attend camp Woodward next summer, it is worth the price.

I've been going to Woodward west by myself for 6 years. I always have a great time and learn new skills! I love the facilities and the coaching staff is always the best!

Back