All-Star Caring For Your Uniform

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

MzLyn23

Cheer Parent
Sep 16, 2014
So my cp has a GK uniform... I'm petrified to wash it but it says no dry cleaning.... she's young so I know she's not sweating like a pig because she doesn't tumble like crazy... I've been doing spot cleaning and such... I just really want to clean clean clean it... like wash clean... but again petrified what might happen cause it does have stones on it.... any suggestions... should I hand wash it and maybe use woollight instead of regular detergent... ugh... her rec uniform could be washed because it was durable and "old school" style from GTM... seeing how EXPENSIVE this one was I was to make sure she doesn't lose any stones...

My mom washes mine and then hangs it to dry. Haven't lost any stones yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cp's has some stones and I turn it inside out, cold water wash, gentle cycle with large amount of water, dry flat and it's fine. If you want to be really careful, you could always put it inside a pillow case to prevent any stones from hitting the washer.

I've washed ours for years-usually every other competition. Inside out, cold water and hang it to dry. Never lost a stone or snagged or shown any signs of fading.

Have you considered hand washing it (different then spot treating)?

Yes but I hate handwashing lol... I also risk not getting all the soap out etc... I'm tempted to throw it in the wash but I might just hand wash it tonight cause the beautiful weather up here has frozen our pipes temporarily lol (the ones connected to the washer) and I can't even wash anything lol... I just want to freshen the uniform up...

We washed my GK uni on delicate in cold water and air dried it. I only lost 3-4 stones after wearing it for 3 years.

We wash CP's not-GK uniform in the washer on gentle/delicate and hang or lay flat to dry. She's on her 4th season with the same skirt and hasn't lost any stones. We had GK practice wear with stones and I did the same with it (obviously it got washed a LOT more than the uni) and it was fine. Now that it's not her practice wear anymore, she wears the spanks and I just toss them in the washer and dryer. She's lost a few stones, but it's after hard wear and lots of washing and drying.

Cp's has some stones and I turn it inside out, cold water wash, gentle cycle with large amount of water, dry flat and it's fine. If you want to be really careful, you could always put it inside a pillow case to prevent any stones from hitting the washer.
This is exactly what I do. My kids sweat and there is no way hand washing would get their uniforms clean. They have new uniforms (not gk) and they are by far the most delicate we have owned with tons of bling. I put them inside out in a separate pillow case - I like the ones that zip) and put them on the delicate cycle but use regular detergent. I take them out immediately and lay them flat to dry. I have not had any problems (knocking on wood now!)

Cp's uniform is GK and loaded with bling. I wash inside out (you can use a lingerie bag if you like) on cold water delicate with a little bit of woolite. pull it out immediately and throw it on a drying rack. I have always washed her uniforms this way and never had an issue with the uniform or stones falling off.

That´s what I do with uniforms and/or delicate practice wear: lingerie bag, inside out and cold water program, liquid detergent for delicate fabric and reduced spin cycles, then lay flat to dry - never lost or faded anything and I wash this stuff after every use.

I hand wash CP's immediately when we get home or to the hotel room after a comp and hang dry. I am not worried about the stones, as I feel my years of experience in pageants has left me with the unique skill of precision rhinestoning. But her uniform is pretty much all white and the longer I wait to wash it, the harder it is to get clean. I hand wash it, even at home, because I noticed a bunch of rust-colored spots on it after putting her uniform in a bag and washing it on delicate. They came out when I hand washed it. I almost had a panic attack when I saw the spots. I haven't had this problem when I have machine washed any of my other whites, but I don't want to risk it again. It is a pain but it only takes me a few minutes to hand wash her uniform. But then again, my CP is little. I doubt I will want to hand wash a sweaty teenager's uniform.

Latest posts

Back