All-Star Cea Expanding....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wish there was a wikipedia page about this, but there isn't so I'll just have to explain it free-form.

I'd like to introduce you all to the magic of Queen Street, Southington, CT.

Yes, this is in my old hometown. Queen St is rumored to have the most restaurants per square mile in the World. Seriously, the whole big stretch of busy street is nothing but restaurants and a bit of 'shopping'/offices/auto-body shops at various points throughout. There is a: McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Subway, Wood n Tap, Sports Bar n Grill, Indian, Japanese, at least 2 or 3 pizza places, a Dennys, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Outback Steakhouse, Friendlys, Wendys, Mexican, some sketchy Motels, plus multiples of some of those fast-food/coffee places. And yet, all of them can thrive. The only one I've heard about closing down was the Ruby Tuesdays, because it was at the VERY end of the line of places, at which point you'd probably already decided on something.

If all those places can make it work, I think a few cheer gyms in one area can make it work. There isn't, necessarily, a finite number of athletes in that area I'd wager.

If all those places can make it work, I think a few cheer gyms in one area can make it work. There isn't, necessarily, a finite number of athletes in that area I'd wager.

I wouldn't necessarily say that, not with a gym like Cheer Extreme. This is just off the top of my head, but the gym I go to mainly pulls athletes from 4 different cities, and as far as I'm aware no gym has been able to be successful in any of those 4 cities, and even if no one's tried, considering the size and the name attached to basically that whole area, I don't believe a gym would stand a chance of surviving in the area, unless one of the owners of my current gym were one of the ones to leave.

I wouldn't necessarily say that, not with a gym like Cheer Extreme. This is just off the top of my head, but the gym I go to mainly pulls athletes from 4 different cities, and as far as I'm aware no gym has been able to be successful in any of those 4 cities, and even if no one's tried, considering the size and the name attached to basically that whole area, I don't believe a gym would stand a chance of surviving in the area, unless one of the owners of my current gym were one of the ones to leave.
Maybe it's a case by case thing. I know of several locations throughout the States where multiple gyms can survive (even ones with multiple level 5s). Might just be nature of development..

There is something I'm not understanding, why is this such a big deal again?

Going through this thread I just don't understand the big fuss. Someone enlighten me.

Essentially this is how I read it. People believe that this is all fueled by Courtney's ego. Courtney wants nothing more than to drive every gym into the ground and have her gym rise above because, after all, she is the grand ruler of the cheerleading world, especially since she's created the absolute legends Maddie Gardner and Holden Ray and this cheer world would be nothing without her.

Please, for the love of Beyonce, no one take this post seriously.

Essentially this is how I read it. People believe that this is all fueled by Courtney's ego. Courtney wants nothing more than to drive every gym into the ground and have her gym rise above because, after all, she is the grand ruler of the cheerleading world, especially since she's created the absolute legends Maddie Gardner and Holden Ray and this cheer world would be nothing without her.

Please, for the love of Beyonce, no one take this post seriously.
"For the love of Beyonce" you are my favorite person at this moment.

Maybe it's a case by case thing. I know of several locations throughout the States where multiple gyms can survive (even ones with multiple level 5s). Might just be nature of development..

I should restate my opinion. I don't think that it's impossible, it's been shown very well that it is possible. I'm just thinking that it's not entirely wrong to say that there's a good chance that many gyms/teams could go under with the addition of such a heavy name in an area formerly without such a heavy name (not saying Pittsburgh specifically).

Sorry, I accidentally deleted the words after "exposing themselves"... there should have been a "as simply CSP haters"... what I get for typing on a Droid. There are many on here who tear her down for everything she does. Sometimes, it seems like she could take her sequin-clad self to a soup kitchen and serve people, and she would get accused of self promotion or being disingenuous.

As far as the kids leaving CEA, I have been here 5 years, and have not really seen much atrophy of members here. Not to other gyms, at least. We have kids that burn out and start other sports, we have some who just want to be "normal" teenagers/kids and go home, but I have never noticed losing a lot of kids. And i can only think of one who left with a beef with CSP, but she honestly had a beef with anyone who has a pulse, from what I could tell. The only girls I remember leaving to go somewhere else had moved, but maybe we just don't see them all.

I completely agree about the business side of it. Why not try new cities? She really dose have a vision of what the cheer world could be, and wants to spread it out, I say good for her! As far as Charlotte is concerned, good grief people, it is the largest city in NC. At 3/4 of a million people, it can handle 2 big gyms.

To those CSP haters: Pardon me for this sounding harsh, but: If you don't want to lose athletes, put out a better product for your kids.... make it something they WANT. Then, no recruiting is required, no one gets "stolen" by a gym, they just leave and go where they want to be. Be what they WANT, be what they LOVE about cheer.
I hate when people holler "stole" you don't own anyone! Maybe gyms should try some exit interviews to see why people are leaving and see if there is a common denominator there. If your business is meeting the needs of the customer they cannot be "stolen". I know you can't please everyone but I don't think gyms listen to their customers enough. Good luck to CEA as they continue to grow, they should open up a location in GA and see how many they can "steal".

In my opinion, I think a PA CEA gym would be a great idea, if it was on the eastern side of the state. There are a lot of established gyms on the western part of the state, but very few in the Philadelphia etc. area. And I know that If I could spend my last year ever, cheering in a CEA uniform, that it'd be a dream come true. Because it's not only the business, but the way they run their gym, and coach their athletes. It's an inspiration, to keep pushing yourself, to be as good as the people you see wearing a X on their chest. And I feel like, if I ever got the chance to, I'd be the happiest girl in the world.

I agree with that for sure FierceandFearless and chyeeaaa69.................:cool::fro: Thank You!!! for bringing some Humor into this what seems very Drab evening!!!! Cheers!!

I try to bring humour and good looks into everything I do, and I find that I do both effortlessly.
tumblr_ljselc26QZ1qzbl7f.gif

Not stating an opinion on what CEA's involvement or non-involvement in this possible (not possible?) situation. But I'm reading a lot of folks posting business this business that in pretty simplistic terms. This is the USA, free economy, capitalism, yay!

Nobody is taking into account small business vs big business. This isn't McDonalds vs Burger King. Think Wal-mart vs mom and pop. There are certain things big business *can* do to put smaller one's out of business due to better resources. So we can't simply claim that everyone is competing on a level playing field.

There is technically nothing legally wrong with that, possible moral and ethical issues aside. Here's another business example since everybody believes "it's a business" trumps all. How about the idea of corporate greed? I'm guessing nobody feels bad when thousands of people lose jobs because the people at the top want to increase profits to please investors? Because after all, it's a business.

I wish there was a wikipedia page about this, but there isn't so I'll just have to explain it free-form.

I'd like to introduce you all to the magic of Queen Street, Southington, CT.

Yes, this is in my old hometown.
You're from Southington? My cousins live there! Never knew that little tidbit though... of all the times we've been there! I guess next time we go I'll check that out!

Back