All-Star Cea Expanding....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hahahaha dead!! There needs to be an intervention.
tumblr_m6vr53pXaA1qem9e8.gif

exactly. I am a big CEA and CSP fan, but realistically as of now there are two gyms that are light years ahead of the rest. She can expand everywhere she wants, but I think most will realize that joining a first year CEA gym in a new city is just that... your typical level 3/4 gym, MAYBE a weak 5. That gym has no chance at producing a world's winning team. It's not like because CEA moved to your city there is a Senior Elite or SSX everyone can be put on with Courtney as a coach.

I'd have to say that's not the case for her Charlotte location though..they've already come those light years, and then some IMO.

Maybe it's a case by case thing. I know of several locations throughout the States where multiple gyms can survive (even ones with multiple level 5s). Might just be nature of development..

Agreed. CEA opened a location in Charlotte last year and in some thread somewhere we had listed probably 20 area programs (within an hour of the Queen City) one of which my kids attend and no one has closed their doors just because CEA opened theirs. no one has been run out of business.

That includes CAC that everyone was upset about because CEA opened so close. I've watched CAC this year several times and they appear to be doing just hunky dorry (and have lots of teams and like 600 kids) including worlds caliber level 5s.

So, to reiterate an earlier post.....what's the big deal? And to reiterate another... If someone is this mad/scared/intimidated etc that CEA will "steal" your kids.... Then the problem is YOUR program, not the newest option in town.

I hate when people holler "stole" you don't own anyone! Maybe gyms should try some exit interviews to see why people are leaving and see if there is a common denominator there. If your business is meeting the needs of the customer they cannot be "stolen". I know you can't please everyone but I don't think gyms listen to their customers enough. Good luck to CEA as they continue to grow, they should open up a location in GA and see how many they can "steal".
THIS.

Not stating an opinion on what CEA's involvement or non-involvement in this possible (not possible?) situation. But I'm reading a lot of folks posting business this business that in pretty simplistic terms. This is the USA, free economy, capitalism, yay!

Nobody is taking into account small business vs big business. This isn't McDonalds vs Burger King. Think Wal-mart vs mom and pop. There are certain things big business *can* do to put smaller one's out of business due to better resources. So we can't simply claim that everyone is competing on a level playing field.

There is technically nothing legally wrong with that, possible moral and ethical issues aside. Here's another business example since everybody believes "it's a business" trumps all. How about the idea of corporate greed? I'm guessing nobody feels bad when thousands of people lose jobs because the people at the top want to increase profits to please investors? Because after all, it's a business.
I think my only problem with the Wal Mart vs Mom and Pop analogy is the fact that Wal Mart brats out small stores by buying in bulk and going really low with prices. Lower than mom and pop can. Trust me, CEA is not rock bottom pricing (take this with a grain of salt... Never paid dues to another gym before)... But I get the analogy, just not sure if t fits that well here. Expansion gums are much more "mom and pop" than the big two gyms are, anyway.

I'd have to say that's not the case for her Charlotte location though..they've already come those light years, and then some IMO.
That's probably true, but I thought they opened that gym because so many were already commuting to Kville. I'm thinking a fair number of those kids already were from the elite teams they just don't have to drive now. But I will agree as a satellite, Charlotte is a lot more competitive than lake Norman or Sanford, Winston etc.

I was actually under the impression that the new gym is going to what we in NC refer to as South of the Border. I thought it was going South. By some of Caleigh's tweets awhile back this was my impression. But it's all speculation at this point.

Listen. If this new CEA gym is in Pittsburgh....lets just hope that CSP heads on over to the Abby Lee Dance Company and snatches up Nia and Mackenzie.....I'm so ready for them to get out of their dance struggle and cross on through the golden gate of cheerleading....

Matter fact...she needs to snatch up Brooke too.
So funny..
everytime i watch that show with my cp i turn to her and say, "Brooke should just quit and start cheering all star."

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! I Cannot believe I have spent an hour of my life going thru this thread!!!! I could have read a book, watched some tv, went out an played in the ice storm coming over the Queen City. or something...... I think everyone on FB knew where this post was going to go....................................UGHHHHHHH!!!!.....:fro:
Kinda like where it went when I asked about gyms in Charlotte so innocently so many months ago? LOL! It's entertaining! :cookie:

There will always be people who like you and people who don't..that's what real life is all about. As many people accuse us of justifying CSP decision's I find an equal number of people doing the same thing. Even when their "beef" with decision's almost exactly mirror things that have happened in their program. You just have to laugh at the hypocrisy and this is why I totally get what CheerDadof2 is saying in his thread!! Y'all have a great day here.

Back