All-Star Cea Expanding....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

On the point of gyms worlds teams having athletes that came to that gym with level 4/5 skills... I'm kind of curious of how many top worlds teams actually have a team where all of those athletes were taught their level 1-5 skills at that gym. I'm sure there are some, but you hear stories all of the time from people who's kids have level 5 skills and commute to a gym to be on a worlds team... Not just CEA, but there are plenty of teams that don't have "home grown" athletes on their top teams.

I would consider 19 kids on SE as home grown. Not bad!!

Right now, I am hoping and praying, that CEA comes to Pittsburgh. Did yall see the last dance moms, where those girls where throwing tucks, layouts and standing back tucks?!?! I cringed thru the whole show.
I am not an animal person. The only dog I love is mine and I only like cats in photos, but in all of that, I was blessed with a cp, who I'm pretty sure was Snow White or some type of Disney princess in another life. Seriously, she loves animals and they love her right back...now if they could only band together and clean her room.....

You should definitely take time and look them all up! For example their 2 CEA gyms from Raleigh and somewhere else that really doesn't matter went to NJ a few weeks ago. Not 1 team other that SSX won! NOT 1!! This is also not uncommon for the most part when we have seen then in competitions. Although we haven't seen them much this year since they are banned from so many of the events that we attend. If we ever saw them in any of our divisions levels 1-rest 5 honestly we didn't really see them as a remote threat. If you truly went through say for example SSX and asked them if they had cheered at a gym previous to CEA I would say that the majority of them would say yes and that they came to CEA with level 4-5 skills. In turn I am trying to say (yes go ahead and attack) that they don't home grow a lot of their athletes on at least SOME of thier level 5 teams! i am not saying they can't or don't teach any skills I am just saying this is what I have noticed over the years.

Maybe you take your own advice and actually look them up. CSP is a believer in developing kids, and getting them to the next level. Therefore, our kids compete a level up as a rule. My daughter is on two teams (one level 2 Minis that is basically a tinies team, and a level 3 junior team that was struggling with having solid across the board level 2 skills to start the year). Both teams have bumped up a level his year (Minis when allowed to go Mini 3, and a comp where the Junior Team went level 4). The kids know it is a challenge, and know they will not always win, and they love it. Courtney has a vision for her gym, and being stagnant as a team has no place in it. You should find that thread where she answers these questions about how she operates her business.... It may open your eyes if you pay attention. Or, I guess you could just keep your eyes closed and head in the sand and keep believing that CEA teams seeming threat. The gym is built for the long run, and it is not built on the backs of other gyms, as you imply. The kids on Y5 and J5 (any of them) are here to tell you differently. The idea that we take a bunch of kids who are already level 5, and they just stay there, that we are some sort of opportunistic gym is ludicrous. I have watched these girls build into the teams that they are.. through hard work and being pushed by their staff. If these girls were so amazing at their old gyms, then why did they come to CEA? I am guessing t is because the gym can build winners at worlds. If their old gyms could get it done, I say they would never leave. I guess you are happy being in a gym who is not willing to let their kids lose in order to learn what it takes to win. Competing at a level higher than you probably "should" leads to some heartache at some events, but it pays off when they get to those higher teams. But if you are happy winning all the competitions against teams you SHOULD beat, then so be it. We like the drive our child gets from being around CSP.

Is maxing out a scoresheet at your level, now considered sandbagging?
My view on sandbagging is a team that has full team skills for a level above goes down a level to just win all the time. Very different from having "solid" team skills for a level and competing at it. If you max out level 2 but don't have a lot of level 3 skills, why compete your kids at that level? I believe they should be working on their skills in practice and such but having them compete at the level they deserve to be in isn't sandbagging in my book.

My view on sandbagging is a team that has full team skills for a level above goes down a level to just win all the time. Very different from having "solid" team skills for a level and competing at it. If you max out level 2 but don't have a lot of level 3 skills, why compete your kids at that level? I believe they should be working on their skills in practice and such but having them compete at the level they deserve to be in isn't sandbagging in my book.
^^^^^THIS^^^^^

On Mini Elite and Mini 2 with CEA the last few years, we ran into many teams who were quite obviously higher level teams (level 3s who competed level 2: we watched warm ups, when see what your kids can do) who competed down to make sure they won their division. Add that to the teams who have girls with "age issues" from certain gyms we competed against (I mean... braces on 5 of your 4 foot tall "Tinies"?), and it makes we long for the day when we do make that level 5 squad, and the fussing about "divisions" is over.

If you dont have the next level skills, then no, cheering up makes no sense, but if you DO (or are developing them), then what are we telling them when we keep them down a level?

On Mini Elite and Mini 2 with CEA the last few years, we ran into many teams who were quite obviously higher level teams (level 3s who competed level 2: we watched warm ups, when see what your kids can do) who competed down to make sure they won their division. Add that to the teams who have girls with "age issues" from certain gyms we competed against (I mean... braces on 5 of your 4 foot tall "Tinies"?), and it makes we long for the day when we do make that level 5 squad, and the fussing about "divisions" is over.

If you dont have the next level skills, then no, cheering up makes no sense, but if you DO (or are developing them), then what are we telling them when we keep them down a level?

You're telling them that you have requirements to make a certain level team. If you start making exceptions for kids that don't have level appropriate skills, you open up a can of worms and most gyms would rather not. It's a way to set a standard so you don't have cheer parents going crazy about why their kid didn't make a team.

Back