All-Star Cea Opening A New Charlotte Location?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I guess I don't see how this is a new concept, I mean I get it, but how does that differ from what other programs are offering in the area? Do your other CEA Teams not have required practices? Just curious. Congrats on your new location.

I don't know that I agree with this so much. Yes, CEA has a great reputation and puts out some great teams, but being from NC and in the cheer world for the last 6 years, it's really "kernersville" and increasingly "Raleigh" that are the locations that stand up and make you take notice. The other locations are just gyms like everyone else. They wear the uniform and are part of the CEA organization but in terms of titles and intimidation factors, I don't see the satellites in quite the same way.

There are several programs of varying size in and around Charlotte. While there are always enough disgruntled folks in any program that would be willing to sign up upon CEA's new opening, I think there are just as many that are happy where they are that the simple fact CEA is opening a gym in Charlotte won't make them leave their current program.

I guess what I'm trying to say is just because it's CEA doesn't mean the entirety of the Charlotte area cheer population will run right over and sign up. We're very happy at Aviator and hold our own just fine against all the CEA gyms and don't have any interest in leaving...but I can name some folks from more gyms than mine that would likely be first in line for other reasons. We are a pretty sizable program however, the small gyms might take a much greater hit (proportionally) than we will.

I 100% agree with you, also being in NC!!!! CEA for example has a Lake Norman gym, and in competition our small has wiped them out easily. Not saying that CEA isnt amazing (their Kernersville & Raleigh locations) but the others are just there for now. I think it will take many many many years for the new CEA Charlotte gym to hold its own against the best. There are a lot of amazing "small" gyms already in the Charlotte area such as (Charlotte Extreme, Charlotte Allstars, Aviators, White Lightning, Prodigy, Victory..etc....) so for kids to be quick to jump ship to the new CEA Charlotte would be interesting. But hey....to each his own!!!:p

love any program that has a commitment to conditioning, especially with recent events.

not sure i follow the "concept" though, but interested to see what comes out of it next season.

The program in Charlotte is a whole new concept for CEA. Very different from what we have done in the past with "satellite" gyms. Charlotte will the be the first city to host "Cheer Extreme Select" ... an "all in" concept that encourages families who make allstar cheerleading their absolute number one priority and agree from the start to travel, commit, and accelerate skills all season. Location, tryout info and details will be announced in the am :)

Now I have not talked to her about this but it appears that kids at this gym may find themselves on teams or working skills and conditioning in Charlotte with the staff of the Elite Teams in Kernersville and traveling to other locations to be on teams in Kernersville, or a combination of all I suppose, or I suspect teams that dovetail into Kernersville and Raleigh teams. For instance, you may practice and condition in Charlotte and be on a team in Kernersville, or vica versa as the Charlotte gym grows. Brandon and Dan are excellent and if the Popes commit to major time in Charlotte it will take off quickly. How about small, medium and large teams in each division being based in different gyms, depending on the athletes and response. Senior Elite in Charlotte? Could be I suppose. Just speculation, but sounds like a fast track onto high level teams for kids with the drive and commitment. You want to be on Senior Elite or Co-ed Elite, live in Charlotte, have the local gym to do the training and skills work with the same staff and go to Kernersville on Sunday to practice with the team? Now I may get shot down on this one because I do not know, but sounds like that could be part of the plan.

So are the Elite teams practicing in Charlotte part time? That's what I'm getting from it.

So are the Elite teams practicing in Charlotte part time? That's what I'm getting from it.

I suspect that if 50% of the kids on SE were out of the Charlotte gym there would be practices at both gyms if the facilities support the team and the staff saw fit. You know, there has been a big influx of Charlotte kids on all teams in Kernersville and I suspect that has not gone unnoticed. With gas being like it is, it is only fair to compromise. We would not have won Worlds in 2010 without Charlotte kids (and my great friends from Raleigh like Asha and Edith amongst others). Just guessing, there are I think at least 10 kids on SE this year out of the Charlotte area.

Now I have not talked to her about this but it appears that kids at this gym may find themselves on teams or working skills and conditioning in Charlotte with the staff of the Elite Teams in Kernersville and traveling to other locations to be on teams in Kernersville, or a combination of all I suppose, or I suspect teams that dovetail into Kernersville and Raleigh teams. For instance, you may practice and condition in Charlotte and be on a team in Kernersville, or vica versa as the Charlotte gym grows. Brandon and Dan are excellent and if the Popes commit to major time in Charlotte it will take off quickly. How about small, medium and large teams in each division being based in different gyms, depending on the athletes and response. Senior Elite in Charlotte? Could be I suppose. Just speculation, but sounds like a fast track onto high level teams for kids with the drive and commitment. You want to be on Senior Elite or Co-ed Elite, live in Charlotte, have the local gym to do the training and skills work with the same staff and go to Kernersville on Sunday to practice with the team? Now I may get shot down on this one because I do not know, but sounds like that could be part of the plan.
That is what cheergyms.com and Power does in nor cal. They have a practice at your home gym once or twice a week and then a joint practice on the weekend.

It has worked well for Power for many years, he has been combining his level 5 teams for as long as I remember. So it can work.

That was how it was for 7 years in our local gym in Mount Airy and I think at one time 7 of the 9 flyers on the JE teams that won NCA in 05 and 06 were from this little town of 7 thousand an hour from Kernersville. And the other teams in that gym rarely lost. The mutual benefit of being in a large vibrant town like Charlotte has to be exciting for CEA.

Back